Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

DW Future?

Anyone know what Sonalysts has planned for the future of DW? If there even is one?

I figure another patch is not in the works (because of how long since the last one), but what about an add-on or sequel? The new Virginia class is begging to be included, maybe add another Russian sub or some more surface ships on one or both sides?

I may be wrong but iirc I did read that they were working on a follow up game.

A patch just came out for this, 1.04, within days of my post! What an odd coincidence. :)

There are many updated 3D models, such as for the 688i, that are very good.

is it true that DW uses starforked as copy protection?

Same with mine. Only the Steam version does, and in that case it's just that Steam must be running as it is with all games from there.

Anyone know what Sonalysts has planned for the future of DW? If there even is one?

I figure another patch is not in the works (because of how long since the last one), but what about an add-on or sequel? The new Virginia class is begging to be included, maybe add another Russian sub or some more surface ships on one or both sides?

Gentleman;

I am brand new this forum, and know little or nothing about Air Sims, I am leaning though.

I would like to speak for DW, as I am a player and designer over on that site. All of my work is with Subs, more specifically US Subs especially the 688i class.

DW with the new patch and LWAMI mods has become quite an excellent Sim. Very stable and plays well. I will be honest I am not a fan of the H-60, P-3C, FFG, Kilo, and occasional play the Akula.

I believe if you go to Sub Sim and SubGru site you will find plenty of material and challenge. Granted there are no Fast Mover like here, but you will be challenged.

Respectfully,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

Upload all the mods and missions you can give us.

I've played the beta while assisitng Big Beer in writing the review for this site when it was Biohazcentral. I enjoyed the game a lot, the graphics are not the greatest, but the simulation and realism are. After the site was redone, we lost the reviews, but I think I still have it somewhere and I'm sure Erik has a copy of the old CMS Site that I could grab the data from again. BigBeer had some excellent information as he was a P3 officer.

I always played the role of the sub while he practiced tactics finding and killing me.

It's an excellent game no doubt.

Cheers~

Other than the P-3, I've used all the platforms in the game about equally, although I've likely spent more time in the FFG. I'm still such an amateur that I have to use autocrew on many things most of the time, though! :grin:

Gentlemen:

If you go to www.subsim.com and www.subguru.com you will find everything you need.

The Subguru site has it all, 1.04, LWAMI 3.08 ,Finiteless Sound Mod, Sugguru toned downed stars,

There is a lot of other stuff, but these are the ones I use. The sound mod corrects a volume problem that DW has.

Also I run SC with the SCXIIc mod and it is great.

Subguru has a lot of mission, campaigns, and multi-play missions.

I am, as you might have guessed a Sub fan, I rode them for 24 years, from the early 60s until my retirement in 1981. I am enjoying try to learn Falcon 4, and F/A18 OIF-emphasis on try and learn, but along Way to go.

Respectfully,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

Jedi Master;

I have been playing Sub Sims for a long time and I will be honest, I still use Auto-Crew, simply because there is to much going on. In DW I don't use Auto Crew Sonar as it gives you to many false returns, but if I know I should be holding a contact I will click it on to help me locate and then track, after I have location I turn it off.

I still use TMA, and Fire Control. I seldom ever use active sonar which is the way it is. People say high frequencey is dectable, I don't believe it I can't account for any time I was picked up Using High frequency. You will read o making all tubes ready at the baginning, it might in real life but not in these sims.

I will be gald to help you with Sub Sims any time, it very little for me for the help all of you are giving me in these flight sims. Good news is I have not crashed YET.

In DW if you don't have 1.04 Patch, LAWMI Mod, and the Sound Mod let me know and I will send them to you. I would prefer to send them by e-mail as I am not very good using these forums yet. The only way I can receive notification is by using Fast Repy. I posted on the bug report all though I believe it is on my end.

Have a good week end,

Master Chief

I've got the 1.04 patch, had it since release. Have LWAMI but haven't installed it yet, mainly because I play MP with a couple of guys from time to time and as soon as you mod you need to worry about MP. Not sure if LWAMI is one of those "everyone has to have it" types or not.

Which sound mod are you referring to?

Subguru has this listing:

DW_AMBIENT_SOUND_MOD_MAIN_MENU_FULL.rar (21 meg)

DW_AMBIENT_SOUND_MOD_Normal.rar (30 meg)

DW_AMBIENT_SOUND_MOD_High.rar (30 meg)

DW_AMBIENT_SOUND_MOD_eHigh.rar (30 meg)

Audio/SFX (26 meg)

Interfaces/SSN21 (17 meg)

Interfaces/688I (17 meg)

Interfaces/AkulaII (22 meg)

Interfaces/FFG (11 meg)

Interfaces/MH60 (3 meg)

Interfaces/P3 (6 meg)

Do you mean ALL of them, or just one of them?

I honestly don't have as much time in DW as I'd like, maybe 30 hours, so I've not run into that desire to mod it to the hilt I've had with some past games. :grin:

If you could tell me how to post an attachment on this site or send me your e-mail address I will send you the sound file you need and the read me file.

subsailor@wildblue.net

Master Chief.

I would think you should just be able to UL the sound mod here, unless there is a specific reason you couldn't.

Oh, it's easy. Top center of the page, click "Downloads" next to "Gallery".

Go to the DW section, then at upper right is a button labelled "add file." Read thru the little announcement and click continue. Then you fill in the name, type a little whatever about it, and towards the bottom you'll see a section that says "upload". Click browse, navigate to the file and off you go!

It went, but it looks like the file got cut off before finishing? You'll see it in the other thread, came out as a 4.5MB zip file. How big was the file supposed to be?

Jedi;

I am not sure how big it was and I wondered at the time. But I notice on your earlier post, the list of files, the last seven on that list is the ones you want. There isn't a file for the Kilo - You have one audio file and 6 interface. That is all the files above these seven combined.

Mater Chief. :good:

Ah, so that would total over 100MB. Maybe that's why your connect choked on it? That's a BIG file!

Anyway, I can grab those 7 from subguru myself easy enough.