Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

F-22 Raptor, F-35 JSF, F/A-37 Talon

F-29

Play Jane's ATF much ? :D

And i would like to see the original Su-37(Gripen-lookalike) and MBB F-31 Vector too. Never too late to learn 3D modelling i guess :P

Play Jane's ATF much ? :D

And i would like to see the original Su-37(Gripen-lookalike) and MBB F-31 Vector too. Never too late to learn 3D modelling i guess :P

okay here is a photo comparison on the lavi and Chinese j-10

J_10_vs_Lavi.bmp

Both the 29 and 31 are on my to-do list, since it looks like nobody else has plans to make them AFAIK.

Fubar? any news on the raptor?

Both the 29 and 31 are on my to-do list, since it looks like nobody else has plans to make them AFAIK.

Fubar? any news on the raptor?

The F-22A model is Wpnssgt's, and is not finished.

Also, the series does not yet properly support pitch-linked thrust vectoring, and stealth is currently broken.

When Third Wire fixes those two issues, I'll ask Wpnssgt to either finish the model, or release the source file to someone who has the time and talent to do so.

The F-22A model is Wpnssgt's, and is not finished.

Also, the series does not yet properly support pitch-linked thrust vectoring, and stealth is currently broken.

When Third Wire fixes those two issues, I'll ask Wpnssgt to either finish the model, or release the source file to someone who has the time and talent to do so.

awwww.

hell no.....

are we not going to get our beloved raptor?

aaawwwwww..

can someone teach me to skin and mod aircraft?

so i can help Wpnssgt make the raptor, jsf, and other stealth aircraft for thirdwire series.

just tell me how to do mods ok?

if anyone can teach me i can be a willing apprentice.....

Do you have 3500 dollars for 3dsmax and a year to learn how to use it? That's typically what it takes. You can try in gmax, which is free, but it's missing so many useful tools of 3ds, and I still cannot get a model into max properly from gmax, despite all the right tools and procedures.

IMHO, I can accept the limitations of the sim and manual thrust vectoring and stealth(didn't we have an RCS parameter to make stealth aircraft for inis?) I talked to USAFBLT a while ago about finishing some of his stealth projects off for FA'07 that are absolute musts. I was hesitant to take over work on a source file from someone who wasn't around to directly give permission

Do you have 3500 dollars for 3dsmax and a year to learn how to use it? That's typically what it takes. You can try in gmax, which is free, but it's missing so many useful tools of 3ds, and I still cannot get a model into max properly from gmax, despite all the right tools and procedures.

IMHO, I can accept the limitations of the sim and manual thrust vectoring and stealth(didn't we have an RCS parameter to make stealth aircraft for inis?) I talked to USAFBLT a while ago about finishing some of his stealth projects off for FA'07 that are absolute musts. I was hesitant to take over work on a source file from someone who wasn't around to directly give permission

well oww,says my pocket at that price tag...

since i am studying in a computer course here in the philippines,

i just might know someone who has 3dsmax or similar software...

hopefully :sorry: ....

What's an F-23? :tongue:

gallery_279_43_77071.jpg

is that a raptor in the bagkground?

anyways tried the black widow,

it was horrible to fly in.

it wobbles during high g maneuvres, spoiling gun angles....

i thought that the widow & the raptor had the same engines?

but this was sluggish.

anyways tried the black widow,

it was horrible to fly in.

it wobbles during high g maneuvres, spoiling gun angles....

i thought that the widow & the raptor had the same engines?

but this was sluggish.

It was the dev's first FM, and he created it from scratch. Had he asked one of the FM-experts to pen the flight model for him, it might still be a WIP. Proper FMs take almost as much time as the 3D model itself.

Yes it is, and here it is, in all its low-rez glory. As you can see, the 3D model is not finished.

gallery_279_43_74360.jpg

gallery_279_43_41837.jpg

well oww,says my pocket at that price tag...

since i am studying in a computer course here in the philippines,

i just might know someone who has 3dsmax or similar software...

hopefully :sorry: ....

You may be able to find an educational license for much much less. Mine is about $200 annually, can't sell anything you make though( freeware models :good: ).

Yes it is, and here it is, in all its low-rez glory. As you can see, the 3D model is not finished.

Hang on....

what's taking up the time, is trying to get a 3D Model designed?

Why not just buy one off of turbosquid?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/272898

I did a search for F22 and there are like 3 beautiful models there, all in 3DS format etc.

They even have fully TEXTURED JSFs.

Wouldn't those work? And just convert them to the game with the plugin?

Hang on....

what's taking up the time, is trying to get a 3D Model designed?

Why not just buy one off of turbosquid?

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/272898

I did a search for F-22 and there are like 3 beautiful models there, all in 3DS format etc.

They even have fully TEXTURED JSFs.

Wouldn't those work? And just convert them to the game with the plugin?

Well, if some experienced modeler with access to 3DSMax is willing to shell out the money for one, and can get all the animations correct (missile bay doors, thrust vectoring nozzles, etc.) , I'm sure that one of the FM gurus would be more than happy to pen up a flight model for it.

However, stealth and pitch-linked TV is currently porked, so it would be somewhat pointless, as it would simply be just another aircraft without the benefit of stealth or tv nozzles. TK has indicated that he would eventually repair stealth, and I've contacted him regarding the pitch axis-linked tv issue, as well.

Well, if some experienced modeler with access to 3DSMax is willing to shell out the money for one, and can get all the animations correct (missile bay doors, thrust vectoring nozzles, etc.) , I'm sure that one of the FM gurus would be more than happy to pen up a flight model for it.

However, stealth and pitch-linked TV is currently porked, so it would be somewhat pointless, as it would simply be just another aircraft without the benefit of stealth or tv nozzles. TK has indicated that he would eventually repair stealth, and I've contacted him regarding the pitch axis-linked tv issue, as well.

With regard to Stealth, I think we can fudge it with the rader cross section a bit. We can also modify the flight model parameters to take TV into account even if it isn't working perfectly.

Just the fact of having the plane in the game is a big step forward for creating missions etc. with it.

The next thing I am reading about is the Cockpits, which should also be modelled somewhat on these highly detailed 3D Studio Models from Turbo Squid.

How much work would be involved if we had the 3D Studio model in hand, to make the animations?

I know the Flight Model will also need to be done and tweaked as well, but we could work off the YF23 release.

If Thirdwire ever does fix Stealth etc. then we have a working base to move forward from.

Also, the Eurofighter doesn't really utilise stealth per say, and that doesn't seem to have a release yet either.

The proposal is that if the bulk of time is being taken up creating 3D Models from scratch maybe a few of us can short circuit that route by using the existing 3D Models.

I'd be willing to contribute in that regard, if we knew we had the other aspects already sorted and what was holding back the mod creators was the 3D Modeling.

Edited by Gel214th

With regard to Stealth, I think we can fudge it with the rader cross section a bit. We can also modify the flight model parameters to take TV into account even if it isn't working perfectly.

Just the fact of having the plane in the game is a big step forward for creating missions etc. with it.

The next thing I am reading about is the Cockpits, which should also be modelled somewhat on these highly detailed 3D Studio Models from Turbo Squid.

How much work would be involved if we had the 3D Studio model in hand, to make the animations?

I know the Flight Model will also need to be done and tweaked as well, but we could work off the YF23 release.

If Thirdwire ever does fix Stealth etc. then we have a working base to move forward from.

Also, the Eurofighter doesn't really utilise stealth per say, and that doesn't seem to have a release yet either.

The proposal is that if the bulk of time is being taken up creating 3D Models from scratch maybe a few of us can short circuit that route by using the existing 3D Models.

I'd be willing to contribute in that regard, if we knew we had the other aspects already sorted and what was holding back the mod creators was the 3D Modeling.

Perhaps I did not make it clear enough. Stealth, which is what the RCSModifier parameter invokes, has been broken since the last patch series.

The F-22A's flight model is complete, and works with tv nozzles. I will not have anything to do with an FM that's been compromised to "mimic" the effects of tv, as this would render it woefully inaccurate. Also, using an already "bad" FM on another aircraft would simply result in two "bad" aircraft. Not that I'm taking a cheap shot at the dev who penned it up, as I've been there, and done that myself. It's all part of the learning curve, and it was his first model.

FYI, the source file for the F-22A has already been given to another modeler who will finish it.

gallery_279_43_74360.jpg

gallery_279_43_41837.jpg

oohh lala....

B-E-A-U-tiful.....

i see that there is still more work needed on the outside...

anyways..

where can get a flyable version of this raptor?

so i can update you on whats wrong and whats not....

so you can fix it........

does it have the realistic cockpit or are you using other cockpit data files for it?

It was the dev's first FM, and he created it from scratch. Had he asked one of the FM-experts to pen the flight model for him, it might still be a WIP. Proper FMs take almost as much time as the 3D model itself.

ahh ok... .

do we have a reliable source where you can base F-23 FM?

what are the usual sites where we can know of an aircraft's Flight characteristics?

ahh ok... .

do we have a reliable source where you can base F-23 FM?

what are the usual sites where we can know of an aircraft's Flight characteristics?

The basic charecteristics of the plane are known, it's on quite a few google websites.

The best representation thus far I believe was by DID in their series of sims F22ADF and Total Air War.

hey what's the update on the raptor?

when will it be ready?

any soft releases?

please advise........

thanks

hey what's the update on the raptor?

when will it be ready?

any soft releases?

please advise........

thanks

Raptor will not be released any time soon. Wpnssgt, Fubar and I are working on other projects. We will keep you informed.

Raptor will not be released any time soon. Wpnssgt, Fubar and I are working on other projects. We will keep you informed.

okay..

rrrrogerr that mate...

the jsf i think would fulfil the job of the f-16 for the air force, and f-18 for the navy.

why on earth did they still make th superhornet?

while the jsf is on the way?

still puzzled on that.

maybe corporate warfare.

(Mcdonnell douglas VS lockheed martin)

Ahem, the JSF is not slated to replace the SuperHornet, which is essentially a new plane compared to the Hornet.

Also, MDD/Boeing built the X-32, so that has nothing to do with it. Not to mention that the SuperHornet went into service years ago, while the F-35 is still in development.

Sorry for this necro.

And to be honest, I feel that all these shiny uberhightech planes are of out place in SF and WOV anyway, so why bother?

(Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the planes made by the community and I do understand it's their choice which plane they want to make, but I would be glad if the same dedication would be attributed to the appaently less cool planes, too. Think about it, there are bascially zillion sims out there that feature all these 4 or 5th generation fighters, but rather few that support the 60 or 70s setting)

Bring the Voodoo damnit. :tongue:

Edited by Gocad

Ahem, the JSF is not slated to replace the SuperHornet, which is essentially a new plane compared to the Hornet.

Also, MDD/Boeing built the X-32, so that has nothing to do with it. Not to mention that the SuperHornet went into service years ago, while the F-35 is still in development.

Sorry for this necro.

And to be honest, I feel that all these shiny uberhightech planes are of out place in SF and WOV anyway, so why bother?

(Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the planes made by the community and I do understand it's their choice which plane they want to make, but I would be glad if the same dedication would be attributed to the appaently less cool planes, too. Think about it, there are bascially zillion sims out there that feature all these 4 or 5th generation fighters, but rather few that support the 60 or 70s setting)

Bring the Voodoo damnit. :tongue:

Actually, that's a really good point. Not a whole lot of sims do have those less thought of greats. Like, how many sims have an F-106, or the Viggen for example. This is part of the reason I dig this sim, there are tonnes of planes to cover most, if not all tastes. But despite the advancements of the leading edge aircraft and the inability of this engine to accomodate some associated technology (like thrust verctoring, like data linking, like stealth at the moment), it's still great to have these aircraft as options (and to be spoiled for choice) and the individuals involved, especially the likes of USAFMTL, Wpnssgt, Fubar et al, all make quality work due to either consumate professionalism or some kind of OC behavior :biggrin: No, seriously, the modders here produce "the sh*t!" And it's always worth the wait!

Besides, what other sims CAN you fly these newer planes in anyway? It seems most sims focus on the 80s/90s planes. Sure there WERE a bunch of F-22 sims in days past, but none released recently. There was only one JSF sim made, and that was the X-35 anyway.

It's not like I'm asking for much, I just want a sim that will let me fly and fight in every plane from the Maurane Bullet to the one that will put the F-35 out of business. :biggrin: