Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

F-22 Raptor, F-35 JSF, F/A-37 Talon

yep, no other sim has this flexibility and community supporting it. Just look at the download stats on this site.

"Bring the Voodoo damnit."

I'll second that! That would be way, way cool for this old NORAD hand.

:good:

yep, no other sim has this flexibility and community supporting it. Just look at the download stats on this site.

I agree, and to further above comments, Only 1 sim, Fleet Defender, has ever modeled the F-14 which high is on my personal list of "I'll always fly". Now how about a "dedicated" Vought F4U sim? That's "never" been done.

If we can have Flankers we should have 22's and 35's. Even if they can't be 100% accurate it would had a great dimmension to the game. I have said it before and I will say it again, this sim and its addons which so many of you make are awesome.

This may sound a little weird but, it has helped distract me alot lately and for that i am grateful.

Besides, what other sims CAN you fly these newer planes in anyway? It seems most sims focus on the 80s/90s planes. Sure there WERE a bunch of F-22 sims in days past, but none released recently. There was only one JSF sim made, and that was the X-35 anyway.

It's not like I'm asking for much, I just want a sim that will let me fly and fight in every plane from the Maurane Bullet to the one that will put the F-35 out of business. :biggrin:

My honest opinion is that Vietnam is over and done (been that way for... 30+ years?) with, was a blast for those who participated, but I think we gotta move on in life, and with planes. So I agree, I'm for new a/c, regardless of type.

My honest opinion is that Vietnam is over and done (been that way for... 30+ years?) with, was a blast for those who participated, but I think we gotta move on in life, and with planes. So I agree, I'm for new a/c, regardless of type.

I'd kind of like seeing the Second War for Independence of the Martian Colonies!

:biggrin:

I don't think the guys who went through Vietnam would agree with that assessment. I think the draw is that it was one of the most difficult air environments around. It resulted in the SEAD push of the air force and navy that resulted in the way future air wars were to be conducted. I have been watching DOGFIGHTS on history Channel and the Vietnam Air Combat occurances were on the level of any others before them. I think some feel that it was still the man more than the machine back then. Now our machines are so advanced and so software based. Just like dropping bombs in an F-105 vs dropping LGB's from a Tornado...

I love the all the historical development of this game as well as the modern and contemporary. It is frikkin sick...

Re: the martian colonies thing I think I will just dummy up on that one :dntknw:

Edited by USMC Hawker

To which I agree, but the thing is man, I'm personally just tired of it (Vietnam in particular), so it colors my opinion quite a bit. I've gotten more spoiled by the contemporary stuff, so I'm more apt to look at that than back then, which of course has alot of history, and in no way discounting, just that it's nice to see more modern stuff.

You know, I've never seen a Korean War Sim, or for that matter, a dedicated Falklands or Suez game. Admittedly, I know there's a KW campaign in the works and that they're all a bit niche, but despite the aerial revolution that began at the end of WW2, there were major revolutions taking place during Korea! The first Jet Vs Jet combat (en masse) the blunting of the sword that was the heavy bomber (I know they're still in use, duh, but they were so much part of contemporary strike doctrine at the time that they were considered a panacea). Not to mention the battle of the taiwan straights. WW2 era tactics meeting next generation technology (AAMS and so on). Personally, I'd even like to see even an campaign covering the Indian Vs Pakistani aerial tangles...

Or for that matter, the Malayan communist insurgency of the 60's...

As for game subject matter being overdone, I gotta say WW2 is top of my list...

You know, I've never seen a Korean War Sim, or for that matter, a dedicated Falklands or Suez game.

Micropose's Dogfight had covered the Falklands scenario. :biggrin:

Dogfight was actually a cool simulation.

Never played MiG Alley? I admit I didn't, but many did and loved its dynamic campaign. I wish someone would take that code and give it the BoB2/F4AF/EE2 redux treatment.

Also, there was a Korean War mod for CFS3. It was pretty good. Not perfect, but good.

You know, I've never seen a Korean War Sim, or for that matter, a dedicated Falklands or Suez game. Admittedly, I know there's a KW campaign in the works and that they're all a bit niche, but despite the aerial revolution that began at the end of WW2, there were major revolutions taking place during Korea! The first Jet Vs Jet combat (en masse) the blunting of the sword that was the heavy bomber (I know they're still in use, duh, but they were so much part of contemporary strike doctrine at the time that they were considered a panacea). Not to mention the battle of the taiwan straights. WW2 era tactics meeting next generation technology (AAMS and so on). Personally, I'd even like to see even an campaign covering the Indian Vs Pakistani aerial tangles...

Or for that matter, the Malayan communist insurgency of the 60's...

As for game subject matter being overdone, I gotta say WW2 is top of my list...

actually, there are campaign loads and terrains for most of those in this sim. You just have to load them up and launch into it. Best way to do that, in my opinion and after someone here said how to do it, is to spawn a series of WOE loads modded for the specific period and locale. I've done that and it works way cool.

I thought of that recently while talking with my brother who is also playing WOE. Do you just name it something different during the install process?

You know, I've never seen a Korean War Sim, or for that matter, a dedicated Falklands or Suez game.

Suez was covered in JANES Israeli Fighters. That was the JANES release between "Fighters Anthology" and "USAF fighters'. The flyables included the F-4E, Mirage III, and F-15A

actually, there are campaign loads and terrains for most of those in this sim. You just have to load them up and launch into it. Best way to do that, in my opinion and after someone here said how to do it, is to spawn a series of WOE loads modded for the specific period and locale. I've done that and it works way cool.

No, I meant a dedicated game. You know like "Ace Combat: Suez" or "Wings Over Korea" or "Secret Weapons of the Falklands" or other hypothetical examples. Campaigns are all well and good (and the ones I've played here are pretty cool) but I meant games developed from the ground up.

No, I meant a dedicated game. You know like "Ace Combat: Suez" or "Wings Over Korea" or "Secret Weapons of the Falklands" or other hypothetical examples. Campaigns are all well and good (and the ones I've played here are pretty cool) but I meant games developed from the ground up.

nice mix-up of titles there.

but i dont think the copyrights people would like it.....

copyright people can't get you for spitting out random name titles. only if an actual title WAS made with that name.

Besides Ace Combot is centered around fictional land anyway, so there goes that idea, but the Korea idea could work.

Edited by raidenandsolid

Small Prblem...I can't see anything coming out of the engines once i engage the burners. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. ( On the f/a 37 Talon btw)

Edited by jacegatttalon1

Small Problem...I can't see anything coming out of the engines once i engage the burners. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. ( On the f/a 37 Talon btw)

Sorry about this...

Seems in my tinkering I ended up referencing an afterburner emitter that is part of Deuces effects package (Sorry Duece... will get this changed). You can either change the afterburner emitter for all 32 engines in the Talon_data.ini... :crazy: or Download and install Deuces effects pack.

Deuces website is found HERE

Again... sorry for the confusion.

Hey Z-man.... what are the new items back aft on each side of the engine?? Chaff and flare dispensers? If so, where are they on the templates??

The STBD (right) side is red and the PORT (left) side is white. I'm gonna do some more skins, I'm thinkin :yes:

Digging the new pit!! :good: Sounds :good: GREAT job man!!!

Hey Z-man.... what are the new items back aft on each side of the engine?? Chaff and flare dispensers? If so, where are they on the templates??

The STBD (right) side is red and the PORT (left) side is white. I'm gonna do some more skins, I'm thinkin :yes:

Digging the new pit!! :good: Sounds :good: GREAT job man!!!

Fly at night and turn on da' nav lights... :biggrin:

Thanks for the kudos! I'm just happy as hell everyone is enjoying the little bugger...

:clapping:

Edited by Zurawski

Not a fan of the Talon but this model is of very high quality and therefore deserves praise. I like how the weapon's bay open and close automatically when a weapon is fired..something lacking in previous models. The cockpit recam system and exploding engine is interesting too.

Fly at night and turn on da' nav lights... :biggrin:

Thanks for the kudos! I'm just happy as hell everyone is enjoying the little bugger...

:clapping:

"I SEE" said the blind man! :rofl: