Sign in to follow this  
Shin_kazama

F-22 Raptor, F-35 JSF, F/A-37 Talon

New skin!!!!

GCS0002.jpg

Uploaded tonight

Don't make me do it....don't make me.....

You all know how I hate to waste decals....

I've got all those perfectly good VMFA-58 names and such....

Actually, this seems a perfect vehicle for the 'Wildcards', until Zur finishes his Hammerhead.....

like I don't have enough to do right now....sheesh!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

The JSF HA ! What get's me is people who think it can fit the role of the A-10 :diablo: . No way is it as survivable as the Warthog and it lacks the punch. BOOOOO. Just say no to plastic jets. :tomato: Except the Gripen and Eurofighter. :biggrin:

Also, just to add to this, the F-35 contains a 27 mm cannon, with a firerate of 1800 rounds per minute. Definately sufficial to damage most objects an A-10 is fit for. Also, lets not forget the much greatly advanced technology uses in the JSF, which can probably engage an enemy threat from a further distance, etc.

Also remember how the F-35 is a multirole figher, not specific for any one thing, and therefore will never be as 'dedicated' in the ground attack role.

Although both aircraft MUST be respected for their own individual strenghts, the F-35 is a next gen fighter, and will, most likely, be just as good as the A-10 was, possibly better. (The allowance of newer, updated and more powerful weapon systems which can only be used with the F-35's technology...)

Gripen and EF-2000 are nice, both Multirole again. This is nice, but often means the a/c is not as good in one thing or the other...

All nice aircraft though!

This is nice, but often means the a/c is not as good in one thing or the other...

I'm tending to start to disagree with that statement (with no offense to you). I think it's more or less the pilot, not the machine. You equip any multirole plane right and it starts to boil down to pilots skill. For instance me, I'm a virtual strike pilot through and through. Nothing like screaming down valleys, mountains, dodging trees, buildings, wires, etc just to drop a bomb or launch a missile. Get me in the Wild Blue Yonder and it's like "Okay man, where are my AMRAAMs?, i.e. I can do BVR, but get me into a dogfight... yeah right. Whereas people enjoy the thrill of dogfighting and all that jazz. Sure militaries these days only have so much time and money so that's where I think that's where it comes from.

Personally I think the Gripen and EF2000 suffer only in range, not so much capability, they're both really nice to fly and couldn't ask for anything else, well a Super Hornet but that's for some other place and time.

But the JSF fills the requirements that the Marines like and overall it's a cool little toy plane but nothing to get excited over IMHO.

any one who already figure out how to simplified TVC?

Edited by w3llt1n