Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Star Wars Games

To keep it brief these are the games I play in the SW genre.

KOTOR & KOTOR 2

Galaxies ( I used to knock this but the contiuned expansion and trades has really engrossed me)

JKA

EAW

:)

I've still only played KOTOR2 once as light side. Been meaning to play DS, but just haven't had a chance. Played KOTOR thru twice, though.

Am I the only one here still playing SWBF2? It's mindless compared to JKA, but the variety of combat and the vehicles keeps me coming back.

No, I'm still playing SWBF2, that and EAW has been the SW games I've been playing the most lately. I even sometimes go back to the original SWBF because of the maps. I have KOTOR2 but have never finished it.

Now hold on just a freakin' minute.

XWA is moddable?!

Yes, XWA is moddable. You can add new craft, missions, campaigns and there are total conversion packs as well.

Yes, XWA is moddable. You can add new craft, missions, campaigns and there are total conversion packs as well.

Where may I find these? :yes:

- "I have KOTOR2 but have never finished it."

Do yourself a favor and keep it that way...the first 70% of the game is awesome, then the last bit is worse than if I wrote/coded it...

I liked Republic Commando for on line as it was so easy to jump in and have a go

But I prefer SWBF2 over just about any other of its genre if for no other reason than: "Lord Vader has entered the battlefield"...and then he does stuff like slaughter bots rather than just stand there, which is helpful

As well as all the third wire flight sims I play Empire at war FOC,Star Wars Galaxies and JK3

Jedi Knight 3 I suppose, although which game this is I'm unsure.

First came Dark Forces.

Then came Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. Or was it DF2: JK? Don't remember.

Then came Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, sometimes called JK2 or DF3!

Then came Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, sometimes called JK3 or DF4! So I guess he means JA.

I think you are right in that it was DF2:JK, then it kind of switched to being the JK series as opposed to DF-series...

ah well that clears it up, thought I was missing something

what about that new Force Unleashed? Isnt it scheduled to be console only?

Not just console-only, EVERY console only! I mean, even the Wii and PSP are getting it, but not the PC.

It sounds to me more like "we're worried about the game getting pirated, so we're not releasing it on PC." Maybe after a year and the sales have dropped off for the consoles they'll release a PC version...maybe...

that is a plausible explanation...guess they dont know about the thriving pirating business in consoles in certain places

I already played:

Dark Forces

X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter

KOTORII

Battlefront I & II

Star Wars Lego I & II

Jedi Knight: Jedy Academy

Republic Commando

:hi:

About pirating... In Brazil you know how much is a game for PC??? About $75 dollars...

The PS3 here is $2.000 dolllars. A game for PS3 is $200 dollars...

Edited by pablitoVPT

Wow. I guess PC games are a far bigger business there than console games!

If you can find the original KOTOR, it's a great game. So was JK: Jedi Outcast, although it doesn't have the ability to use dual sabers or a dual-bladed one like Jedi Academy added.

The only one I have installed on my PC right now is Empire at War and the Forces of Corruption add on. A fun game, although it has its issues.

- "I have KOTOR2 but have never finished it."

Do yourself a favor and keep it that way...the first 70% of the game is awesome, then the last bit is worse than if I wrote/coded it...

I liked Republic Commando for on line as it was so easy to jump in and have a go

But I prefer SWBF2 over just about any other of its genre if for no other reason than: "Lord Vader has entered the battlefield"...and then he does stuff like slaughter bots rather than just stand there, which is helpful

75% of the time I've been turning off heros in SWBF2, if for no other reason then I get tired of the game asking if I want to play the hero, usually right at the time I'm taking a command post. But there times a little Grevious or Secura action is fun.

After many years I've finally uninstalled SWBF2 and EaW (for now) and have reinstalled SWGB. Played one skirmish vs 2 AI last night (also against each other, 3 teams total) and it took 3 hours! Longest I've spent on one RTS mission in a long time.

Other than that I still have Jedi Academy installed, but I'm thinking of reinstalling the now 9-yr old X-Wing Alliance after a break of at least 5 years. Time for some mod downloading!

Master, i've already played KOTORI n' Outcast, but i don't have then, they are of a friend... ^^

The games I mentioned is that i owns... xD

Yeah, you can say I'm Star Wars adictit with just 15 years...

I've played (considering all the platforms) Battlefront I & II, Lego SW I & II & The Complete Saga, Lethal Alliance, Battlefront Renegade Squadron, EAW & the expansion Forces of Corruption, Ep.III Revenge of the Sith. Unfortunately I haven't KOTOR... but I want to buy The Force Unleashed!!!

I've played (considering all the platforms) Battlefront I & II, Lego SW I & II & The Complete Saga, Lethal Alliance, Battlefront Renegade Squadron, EAW & the expansion Forces of Corruption, Ep.III Revenge of the Sith. Unfortunately I haven't KOTOR... but I want to buy The Force Unleashed!!!

Hi,

Usually spend my time in prophead sims, but now that my son is of age (and of course he loves SW), I was wondering what the BEST starter Star Wars spaceship sim is??? i.e. get behind a stick and blast tie-fighters, the death star, fly the Mil Falcon etc... Not so much into mixed land combat/space games, but I'll consider it if the space sim part is outstanding! Must be PC also, I will not buy a console.

Sorry, but it is a bit confusing with all the choices I saw listed in this thread, and who knows about compatibility with some of the old titles (!). I'd really appreciate any advice, hopefully somebody still browses here...

Many thanks.

AFAIK, the last SW "sim" released was XWING Alliance, back in 1999. Great game, but must be quite outdated now.

Yes, back in the Win98 days! However, I think it still has a pretty active modding community last I heard.