Sign in to follow this  
tjoz

STL: The Aftermath Stage 2

Welcome all to STL: The Aftermath's Stage 2 announcement.

After long consideration, Stage 2 will now be going ahead and will be released within a late September to late October time frame. Although Stage 2 will be the last STL: The Aftermath release by me...

What are guaranteed for Stage 2 is at least 7 game modes, some of which are exclusive to STL: The Aftermath. The game modes that will be in Stage 2 are Armada, One on One, Survival, Evolution, System Conquest and new game modes such as Infiltrate and Sabotage. More on the new game modes will be announced as time goes by.

There tutorials of Stage 2 have a major revamp to them and there are now more than 5 of them in Stage 2. The tutorial half of STL: The Aftermath will be taking a more 'hands-on' approach in Stage 2, the perfect way for up and comming modders to familurize themselves with Legacy.

Stage 2 will be a stand-alone download, it will have all of Stage 1 content included. Other features of Stage 2 will be announced in due time

Visit Outpostraders Gaming for more info on STL: The Aftermath

Outpostraders Gaming (STL: The Aftermaths sponsors)

Regards

tjoz

A new promo shot from Stage 2 for you all, this shot is taken from the Badlands map. All work on Stage 2 has returned to normal.

promo2xx7.jpg

Another picture for you people over here from Stage II. This is taken from one of the new Co-Op Wave maps. Stage II will feature new additions to the Co-Op Wave game mode, currently the first mod to be able to successfully create Co-op Wave maps.

shot7tngqi8.jpg

Enjoy

tjoz

STL: The Aftermath

Another shot just for these forums. This is taken from one of the One on One maps in Stage II.

combatacepicrj5.jpg

All I can think when looking at these shots is "why wasn't the game itself released closer to what these mods are doing?"

Here are 2 exclusive shots just for Combat Ace, you wont be seeing these 2 shots anywhere else. These are taken from the enhanced Evolution game mode. The enhanced Evolution game mode has been completely overhauled for Aftermath, its now got alot more depth to it than the original Evolution mode I created.

These are in-game shots

combataceshot1ak4.jpg

combataceshot2ht9.jpg

Here another exclusive shot just for Combat Ace, again this taken from the enhanced Evolution mode. These maps take a long time to make, maybe the other 3 wont take so long but they still a nightmare to do.

shot3xi4.jpg

I get some more shots throughout the week, I trying to put only my best work into Stage II.

That one ship looks like a B-2 with warp engines! :grin: Is that a Klingon ship too?

Always loved the D-7 in all its variants.

Those ships are Romulan ships, the D7 type is called the Stormbird (Romulan version of the D7) and the other ship is the Whitewing. I like the Whitewing, its good for front attacks but abit useless at the rear and sides. Its a destroyer type.

Also in other news, Stage I of Aftermath has been picked up by the German gaming magazine GameStar (Germany's largest gaming magazine), my mod will be in the issue out in the next couple of days. First Legacy mod to be put into a magazine :grin:

Mucho Awesome!~

LOL...a B2 with warp engines....maybe we can port it to WOE

No pictures for you today, they will come later in the week. I giving all you people here the final list of Death Match maps for Stage II, only 5 new ones will be put in DM as the first release had 15 new ones. This brings the final Death Match map count to 20 (not including the stock ones).

Aruba

Asceron (new for Stage II)

Badlands (new for Stage II)

Borka Mendai

Daruga (new for Stage II)

Elan Belt

Enkhal Nebula

Fysphora

Helkratizki

Lagos

Mantara

Oslow

Riga Langua

Saphira Naru (new for Stage II)

Tygosia

Utara

Vantai

Visceron

Xavira Outpost

Zion (new for Stage II)

With Death Match and One on One now complete, the Evolution mode almost finished too. Everything is slowly coming together now. There still a few beta spots left too.

Back to map shots now, this is taken from an early build of one of the new Death Match maps, 'Daruga'. This shot was taken during test stages of the map and once you see the final version you will be able to see bits of what you see in the early build. This thing is huge though.

darugatestshot2wu8.jpg

Not to worry though, it wont attack you. That version is in the Survival game mode. A couple other Death Match maps also appear in Survival mode too.

Some more shots for today, they taken from one of the new Death Match maps. The map called Asceron, it a normal system map with a lot of civilian ships around the main station. What sets this map apart from others is when the battles start getting close to the main station, all the civilian ships flee to safety.

shot3fk9.jpg

asceronshotanp0.jpg

I've been watching DS9 season 2 lately, so this fits right in. :grin:

Next week the first teaser release for Stage II will be available for download. It will give people a look into how Stage II is shaping up and also will show the level of profesionalism I am taking with my mod. It will also show that I have stepped my game up too, I like to keep improving

Here is the first teaser release for STL: The Aftermath Stage II, this is the Map Editor Tutorials (Stage II teaser release). What you get are 3 map editor tutorials that cover general mapping, Co-op Wave maps and making your own game modes maps too. There are also many templates to help you out. The tutorials in some area's may not be as polished as the general one, these are to gauge public response to see if they are clear and easy to follow.

Map Editor Tutorials (Stage II teaser release)

Enjoy and get making maps, there still enough time for any user made maps to be placed into Stage II.

Regards

tjoz

Stage II of Aftermath will be released within the next few weeks in an 'as-is' state, features that were planned have been cut and will be given to other mods like TLG and Trek Battles.

The tutorials are the only features that are being worked on.

Two shots for you today from an Armada map that still being built up.

promoset2nc0.jpg

promoset2bpk2.jpg

Another shot for you people, the shot of not the greatest quality but it shows explosions showing up on ship hulls. There many things going on behind the scenes besides the ships trying to blow each other up, the AI is the most advanced in any Legacy mod too. I want to get some more shots up throughout the week for you people.

explosiondamageoq8.jpg