Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

Its thats time of year again (football games)

I was always more of a FIFA fan, mainly because up until I bought the original XBOX I had not owned a console since the SNES so being a PC gamer FIFA was really all we had though I kept hearing from Playstation owning friends that Pro Evo was great. I bought FIFA 2003 second hand for my original Xbox and that was it until I bought my 360. Last year my son and I rented both FIFA and PES and decided PES had far the better gameplay so thats what I ended up buying.

So thats my background, I like both games and I'm open to either option again this year (yes I know I could buy both but don't want to buy two football games when there are so many other great games being released). I've tried the demo's so far and found FIFA to feel more like football, a little more flow and less like pinball which is the feeling I got from the PES demo. Graphically I think FIFA certainly has the edge over PES and I thought the menu system in the PES demo looked awful. I'm going to give them both a little more play time and will probably rent them again this year before buying but so far FIFA is the one that I think is the better football game at the moment.

What does Football have to do with FIFA? That's Soccer isn't it?

What does Football have to do with FIFA? That's Soccer isn't it?

i was spoke with a friend in england and he say something about in England they call football(in Brazil is Football too, because the englishes brought the game for here)

well, i think the only place in World when Football is called soccer is in the USA

FIFA= Federation International Football Association.

anyway.... the last Brazil game agains USA was a Joke LOL

well, i Have PS2, and i think the better game 4 it is Wining Eleven(i just have the japanese version, 7, 8, 9 and 10) i doesnt like FIFA´s game, the players are to "hard" with slow movments.

but in Xbox 360 the Graphics are awesome!

Edited by Silverbolt

Well I gave in today and sorted out my old games for trade in and bought FIFA 08. PES6 really was the better game last year but based on the demo's of this years offerings from both football game series it was clear to me FIFA was the better one. Graphically the FIFA games were always better, they never dissapointed when it came to presentation but the AI often let it down. This year is different however and FIFA has drastically improved the AI which has really helped the flow of the game. Now the AI just doesn't blindly run on and ignore the fact you've just been tackled it will run back and try to win the ball. The PES 2008 demo was just too much like pinball this year.