Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

Project Gotham Racing 4

Oh yes!!!!! this is just tooo damned fun!! A little more arcade than Forza 2 but a little more realistic than the last few Need For Speed offerings or the totally arcade 'juiced'. The multiplay runs a little like Halo3 where groups are formed and you go racing, it fosters a much better feeling of community and perhaps this is the new direction the multiplayer lobbies on Xbox Live are taking. Once again Xbox Live is flawless, I logged in tonight, went racing and then got a few messages from a mate and got an invite to join his game. I'm trying to find out if I can upload a video to show me racing an old skool Sierra Cosworth but so far I can only upload pictures from the game to the PGR Nations website in the same kind of way you can upload pictures from Halo 3 or Forza Motorsport 2. The cars all have stunning cockpit graphics and the Sierra Cosworth was just like I remember the old Sierra interior right down to the dials on the speedo :) Graphically its been tweaked a lot since PGR3, the speed blur effect is much better and as a friend online pointed out they've added little things like corner markers. Its still early days with this game but I'm glad I bought it as I very nearly didn't when I tried the demo but the demo doesn't really do it justice.