Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue demo released

Polyphony has released a demo of Gran Turismo for Sony's Playstation 3 which can be downloaded exclusively through the PS Network until November 11th to coincide with the Tokyo Motor Show 2007. The demo features 7 cars and 1 track where you will be able to race offline 16 cars. The track will be the Suzuka track which is used in many real world racing events and was until recently the home of the Japanese Grand Prix. The cars included in the demo are as follows:

• Lexus IS F
    Nissan GT-R
    Mazda Atenza
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
    Daihatsu OFC-1
    BMW 135i Coupe

You can find out more about this demo here and view a movie of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue here at the official English version Gran Turismo.comwebsite. The demo is compatible with the Logitech G25 racing wheel.

p01a.jpg

p12a.jpg

p11a.jpg

Edited by Revvin

You'll need to setup a Japanese PS Network account to download the demo as it was released to coincide with the Tokyo Motor Show, this site has a step by step guide on how to navigate your way through the Japanese menu's to do that though.

Edited by Revvin

I played the demo on a mates PS3 this weekend and I have to admit (as a 360 owner :biggrin: ) it was rather impressive. Although I didn't spend as much time with it as I'd have liked the handling of the cars was nice, they all handled differently though the controller setup was not quite how I wanted it (using the second analogue stick as accelerate and brake) because it was hard to figure out the japanese menu's. Graphically it was superb though no doubt aided by my friends 32" LCD TV. It wasn't as huge a leap graphically over Forza as I thought it might but it did look very impressive and the cockpits looked very nice though we did all end up playing using the bonnet view with speedo/rev counter overlay. The one dissapointing aspect was the lack of damage, upon collision the cars just bounced off each other.

I hate it when the cars are all equipped with force fields. :grin:

There was a tournament here in Bulgaria and the winner gets a PS3 along with GT5 demo ,the participants had 3 laps with the celica rally car on the eiger circuit, the fastest time was 1.05,987 , I made a 3rd best time but hte judge said that i cannot win a ps3 with that and there is no point to sign me in , i already had tried once and i made a 1,07 the first time and that was my only time , and 2 weeks after the tournament end i received a phonecall that i have finished 3rd with my first time , and when i got to the awards "ceremony" they told me that i was fourth and I get just a headset not a surround system as the woman on the phnoecall said. But I still know that im the second best in Bulgaria on this game :wink: no matter what some people say