Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

favorite episode?

33 was good, but I think Exodus Pt 2 takes the cake. :wink:

Ooo...good one...I also liked the "Farm"...man you knew something was wrong, but not that wrong...it was scary!

I liked how they did it. Instead of TRYING to convince you it was really a resistance hospital only to reveal later *gasp* it wasn't!!! they instead let you assume it was a Cylon trick, then give you bits and pieces to make you start doubting it...maybe Simon really is an overworked doctor...before the final reveal hits you in the face with "No, it's your worst nightmare!!"

Oh, and I liked the episode in season 3 where people start suicide bombing attacks...they made you see it as a handful of resistance fighters struggling for survival against a colonial / occupation power...watched it while I was in Iraq nonetheless trying to stop IEDs...

Yeah, that hit home...

Of course it is completely different, Iraqis are helping stop the terrorists way more than is in the news, and the vast majority of fighters in-country really are jihadists trying to get their Virgin-retirement plan on

Still takes it from "their" perspective

I know some people can't watch BSG because they identify with the show TOO much. I'm like "it's just TV!!" :grin:

true, true...I was shocked the first time they actually hit a woman...thought that was one of those taboos like male frontal nudity (dont want to see that on TV either)

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the riveting stories and that very aspect that they tackled such topics makes one keep returning...shows the real effectiveness of the team (actors and writers) when it makes one flinch