Sign in to follow this  

Tja, the problem of the nonfiring groundunits i face in WOI and WOE with September patch. Without this patch i have now in WOE Talibs firing at airfields, convois, barracks.

The progress of Afghanistan terrain is slow, because i had to correct a mistake. In my preview you can already see, where i intended to place Kabul. After finishing Kabul i realized, that i missplaced this town and had to rebuild this area by hand. Give me one or two weeks and i can release a first Beta which is concentrated on the area of Jalalabad, Bagram and Kabul.

This area i have now completly tiled, placed the 3 airfields and now i'm working on the ground targets etc.pp

Tja, the problem of the nonfiring groundunits i face in WOI and WOE with September patch. Without this patch i have now in WOE Talibs firing at airfields, convois, barracks.

The progress of Afghanistan terrain is slow, because i had to correct a mistake. In my preview you can already see, where i intended to place Kabul. After finishing Kabul i realized, that i missplaced this town and had to rebuild this area by hand. Give me one or two weeks and i can release a first Beta which is concentrated on the area of Jalalabad, Bagram and Kabul.

This area i have now completly tiled, placed the 3 airfields and now i'm working on the ground targets etc.pp

Update of the thread on purpose opened on thirdwire forum. Got my pm Gepard and wrench?

I for myself was very interested at this options,, makes a theatre very intersting seein grounf units dueeling. I don't understand why pathes have some times to break something and fix another. but I guess I am not a programmer...

Anyway this is the update..please Gepard, if you think so, partecipate to that thread,,

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...;p=35371#p35371

Did a couple flights around your terrain man... and good work, though I gotta refigure out the heading from Jbad to where I'm at... but it's good man real good. THough I would suggest if you could... add more targets... this area ain't quiet.. Well the Korengal isn't, Chowkay, all around that area it's busy.

Tried to push north and got "stopped" in midair. No complaint per se, I'm sure you didn't model that far, not sure but anyways, tried to fly north 27 degrees from the Jbad airfield and got here:

post-5735-1224445799_thumb.jpg

EricJ, the direction of Jalalabad AB and the other airfields i have changed now acording to the data i have taken from FS2004.

THe Problem of the plane hanging mid into the air is simple. You had run against the "invisible" wall around each terrain. You cant go closer than 80km to the edge of a terrain. If you look on your screenshot you will see that you were at x = 920km on a 1000km terrain. But in the end version of the terrain it will be no problem. All targets are west of Jalalabad.

Rog, and yeah, the Jbad airport runs generally NW-SE so cool. And only west of Jbad? bummer... it's a large scale map, if you can sprinkle more around the area that'd be cool..

And I'll bite on this one, how about some technicals? Or some other additions? Like safe houses (or just turning a house into a High Value Target) house. Simply because it's getting pretty boring to fly four minutes, drop a bomb, and go home. I keep the standard settings to keep it interesting (Lot's o' SAMs, lot's o' fun...) I'm sure the pilots here feel the same way, but put them in some messed up places, as I see you got some villages in the mountains, and well... would be cool. Or I'm not sure it's within the scope of WOI, but.. you think it's possible to add more than one strike target? Or is it only one?

Ummm about my part of this...I'm a bit on hold as I got fired yesterday so I'm kinda into solving some RL stuff now. Maybe I get to upload something for the weekend though ;-)

With all your obvious talents Brain32, I'm sure you will find an even better opportunity. Thanks for all your great contributions, and best of luck with fixing the RL situation!

Ummm about my part of this...I'm a bit on hold as I got fired yesterday so I'm kinda into solving some RL stuff now. Maybe I get to upload something for the weekend though ;-)

Well I'd worry about your RL issues before any gaming issues. My girlfriend takes priority so it's holding me good now, so take your time bro :good:

Don't worry guys, I have it under control ;). Thx for the support :)

Beta version uploaded some minutes ago. Must wait till admin gives the ok.

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=ss&full=1&id=7586

Downloading now :smile:

This what I been looking forward too!Thanks Gepard!

BTW,I did the read me thingy and noticed it was only made for WOI.Ok,I'm stubborn,and I added it to my WOV/WOE merged install and it works.Change the .cat to GermanyCE and Only problem is water shader is too reflective so,at night it shows with moon,the rivers are almost white.Other than that,it's a gem!Did add alot of Groundobjects,Aircraft and Weapons (MF '07 & '08) and works-flys-looks great.

P.s.Wasn't expecting those stinger sites and mortar tobe there on the way back to base.That was cool!Got some pics too.So,take a look at Good Morning Mr.Taliban in 2001!

post-16817-1225587200_thumb.jpgpost-16817-1225587324_thumb.jpg

post-16817-1225587365_thumb.jpgpost-16817-1225587233_thumb.jpg

Weird,the water problem that doesn't show in pics..hmmm.Need to change my meds.

post-16817-1225591130_thumb.jpg Well,the water is there as evidence in this pic.October 2008b patch.

Guest pfunkmusik

Dadgum, Brain. Where are you? If you're mobile, let me know what your experience is and I'll see what's around here in North and Central Texas.

pfunk

Flew it a few times.. not bad like the added area, thanks!

if you have "white" rivers try to change your graphic options for water=high.

I'm still working on the tiles for non-WOI users, will need adjusting for Gepards new update so it will take a while, especially since I also have other projects...

Dadgum, Brain. Where are you? If you're mobile, let me know what your experience is and I'll see what's around here in North and Central Texas.

pfunk

Well I'm thousands of miles away in Croatia, but thx man, I really appriciate the concern :)

I already arranged something so things are cool again :D

if you have "white" rivers try to change your graphic options for water=high.

Cool,that i'll try and way didn't i think of that?Let ya know ASAP,sir.

Cool,that i'll try and way didn't i think of that?Let ya know ASAP,sir.

post-16817-1225636071_thumb.jpgProblem solved on detail WOE,sir.

I'm working on some Technicals for my own amusement, as I am no expert at modeling by any means, If I am satisfied enough with them that I won't be embarrassed by other people seeing some shotty work, I'll send them to whoever so they can be included as targets in this terrain if that would be helpful.

I am just thinking out loud, but if you made a target area with a downed Crashhawk (a S***hook would be more appropriate, but I'm pretty sure there is no model as of yet), and a static squad of US Infantry and put static Taliban troops ecircling it just out of small arms range of the US guys (so they wouldn't kill them before the CAS go there) 1. would they shoot at each other, and 2. Would it work with the game engine.

While it is not something I like to think about, Missions like this are a grim reality of war in this terrain. Danger close CAS is quite a challenge.

I imagine it could also be done in an 80's scenerio with a HIP and a Soviet squad.

Not trying to step on anybodys toes, just an idea I had.