Sign in to follow this  
ClutchCargo22

Tornado - Wings Over Europe

I've been looking for a flyable Tornado and was told Wings Over Europe had a Nato Fighters Addon that has a good Panavia GR1A.

I couldn't find much on the internet (visual) review and screenshots or youtube of the GR1A. So I just bought WOE and added Nato Fighters and Nato Fighters II. I have beem busy plastering virtual targets all over the virual globe and will say that WOE has been worth the purchase and Column5 Nato Fighters is a great addon.

I have Posted Screen shots for anyone else with question sabout the look and feel of the Panavia Tornado GR1A in Wing Over Europe. For those..... wondering ........What is with all the Tornado screens????

Most of CombatAce memebers have been on this since 2006........and I know I am two years late and a dollar short............but better late than ......you know

So, If your like me and........if you are a Panavia Tornado enthusiast and haven't seen what Column5 has done with Nato Fighters Tornado addon......go to the gallery here at Combat Ace and look for my Tornado Screens.

As most of you who are main line Tornado flyers.......... this has been the best flyable Tornado since Digital Integrations/Tri Marks 1990's Tornado Sim.

I do miss ....... (as most of you have probably have)....

1. A topographic high resoultion, interacitve mission planner like the ones Digital Integration use to include....

2. CCIP, Level Bombing, waypoint assign, Dive toss.....etc.........Headups piper bombing avionics

3. More ground targets......... and easier adding ground targets and Sam sites

4. A little smarter Wingmen......... who can fly below 1500 ft, stay in formation over target, and release on target in formation or release on your cue in level flight.

Still, its a great visual use of the new computer memory/graphics of today. And given the memory/graphics of the 640x400 pixel/sprite/cockpit from the Digital Intergrations, Spectrum Holybyte's of the 1990's, Tornado - Operation Desert Storm was amazing for the times!

P.S. ..... Conan Obrian wasn't the first to use static cartoons with a graphic imposed mouth.......Here's to the Adventures of Clutch Cargo........

post-43439-1231477451_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClutchCargo22

Welcome, CC, to these humble forums.

That avatar is, well, certainly interesting. I had to look close to determine what was below the guys nose.

But anyway, could not agree more on the DiD version of Tornado, it rocked, rolled & r00led! :biggrin:

I especially miss when the laser designation camera stayed on target, and your actually saw the GBU tear in on the data link screen and IMPACT!

The ALARM capability was another very nice item, along with many you've mentioned.

If there was any one sim I'd like to see modernized, that would be it.

Anyway, you caught a nerve, I had to respond.

Enjoy this sim, it has many good points as well, and your stay here on CombatAce...

perhaps I have a DS mod Tornado preview vid in a couple hours.... :skull:

It should also be stressed of the incredible contributions by CombatAce members and thier Addons:

1. Libya Terrain

2. Bearing Straits Terrain

3. American NW Terrain

4. Black Sea Terrain

5. Weapons Pack by Bunyap

6. Aeronautica Militare Italiana - Tornado GR1 Desert Storm Skins

7. Tornado -Emmeria Air Force- "Ace Combat 6" Skins

I would say that these addons greatly enhanced the Panavia Tornado GR1A and should be included as necessary for the Wow! experience of WOE. Without these above and many others I have yet to mention..........my screenshots would not be nearly as impressive.

post-43439-1231561165_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClutchCargo22

Got nothing but fond memories of the old Tornado sim,it totally blew me away then....and i echo your sentiments on the mission planning capabilities of that sim.

My ride in WoE is predominantly with IXsqn........with the occasional excursion in the Jag!