Sign in to follow this  
Nixou

Changing view position

This question may have been asked before already, but i don't get the search function to work for me..

So here it is: Does anyone know what is the ini setting of a plane that make your cockpit view change position, while cockpit does not move?

I mean what is the setting to move yer "eyes" position in the cockpit.

Like it would be done with the track IR for example, but in ini fixed setting?

Cause when i change "position" in cockpit.ini setting, it moves the cockpit too..

Thx by advance

This question may have been asked before already, but i don't get the search function to work for me..

So here it is: Does anyone know what is the ini setting of a plane that make your cockpit view change position, while cockpit does not move?

I mean what is the setting to move yer "eyes" position in the cockpit.

Like it would be done with the track IR for example, but in ini fixed setting?

Cause when i change "position" in cockpit.ini setting, it moves the cockpit too..

Thx by advance

Try modding the CGPosition in the data.ini, its usually 0.00,0.00,0.00, these are x,y,z coordinates I believe, negative numbers are okay. Shouldn't effect anything else except your view/position from inside the plane, ie the FM itself or the view of the pilot externally.

You can also change your viewlist.ini - the FOV parameters for each view.

Edited by peter01

Changing the COG in a\c data.ini will cause the a\c to handle badly......you need to alter the viewlist.ini to move the views...

it`s easy you go into ***cockpit.ini and look for those entries:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=a-4b_cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

Offset=0.00,01.20,-0.15 <---- this is your position inside the pit

Position=-0.60, 6.55, 1.25 <--- this is the whole pits position on the plane

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=200

those are entries for my Tu-4/B-29 so don`t worry when the entries don`t look like yours

Changing the COG in a\c data.ini will cause the a\c to handle badly......you need to alter the viewlist.ini to move the views...

Yeah your right. Just ignore what I posted nixarass :).

Hi dudes, hey thanks for so much precises responses, im going to try it, and i'll keep you aware of the exact way. Thanks to all.

it`s easy you go into ***cockpit.ini and look for those entries:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=a-4b_cockpit

OpenCockpit=TRUE

Offset=0.00,01.20,-0.15 <---- this is your position inside the pit

Position=-0.60, 6.55, 1.25 <--- this is the whole pits position on the plane

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=200

those are entries for my Tu-4/B-29 so don`t worry when the entries don`t look like yours

Actually, this is not QUITE correct.

Position=-0.60, 6.55, 1.25 This is YOUR position reference the aircraft...your 'eye point' as it were

Offset=0.00,01.20,-0.15 This is offset from the center of the cockpit LOD file

In other words, the Offset line moves the cockpit around YOU, not the other way around.

Don't believe me? Try it yourself. Make Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0, then set your Position to something behind the aircraft, like 0.00, -20.00, 0.00. Now you'll see yourself in the cockpit, behind the aircraft.

Now, make Offset=0.00,0.00,-10.00. You'll see one of 2 things...either:

A)You'll now be 10 meters high or low on the aircraft and out of the cockpit or

B)You'll be at the same location relative the aircraft, but the cockpit is now gone.

If it's A, Offset moves you in the cockpit

If it's B, Offset moves the cockpit around you

FC

Ok here is the thing: (i don't know but i think it's Fastcargo was saying)

POSITION moves the external 3D plane (yours, visible from the cockpit view, ide wings, fuselage...) from your eyes, the external file only not the cockpit.

OFFSET changes the position of the cockpit realitively to your eyes.

So basically if you want to change your view position (wanted to have a higher view on the spad7 and a good aiming view in Nieuport 17 and Bristol fighter) you have to CHANGE BOTH and tweak em not to have a separation between cockpit and 3D external plane.

Or you may change the viewlist.ini file present in flight folder.

Anyway thanks to all of you.

If  you change the view angles, the centre one alters the zoom fore and aft, the others rotate.

So ViewAngles = Rotate, zoom  + frwd - bckwd, Rotate

Offset moves the seating position

So Offset= -Left + Right, ???, +Up - down.

I'd already sorted by then, so don't know what anything else does. I was dealing with the A-6B from Razbam and wanted to have a wider cockpit view, hence view angle zoom minus.

I didn't like the fact that the flight path marker was at the HUD bottom, so Offset Up to sit higher in cockpit, which pushed cockpit ironwork down, and left the flight path marker higher up.

I did this in SF 1, and I'm sure it goes for SF2. It's probably all explained in the knowledge base somewhere.

If  you change the view angles, the centre one alters the zoom fore and aft, the others rotate.

So ViewAngles = Rotate, zoom  + frwd - bckwd, Rotate

Offset moves the seating position

So Offset= -Left + Right, ???, +Up - down.

I'd already sorted by then, so don't know what anything else does. I was dealing with the A-6B from Razbam and wanted to have a wider cockpit view, hence view angle zoom minus.

I didn't like the fact that the flight path marker was at the HUD bottom, so Offset Up to sit higher in cockpit, which pushed cockpit ironwork down, and left the flight path marker higher up.

I did this in SF 1, and I'm sure it goes for SF2. It's probably all explained in the knowledge base somewhere.

you get that sorted out give me a ginggle to offset to the side to look down a gunsight would be awsome.