Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Sitting Duck's Multiplayer Tutorial - Please Read! :)

VascoI must have missed the time line ,,you may have upgraded by the time i got the message. I had TS installed , coppied and pasted the Ip and PW and there was no severDF

Yes,

TS3 is up and running now: the details are:

TS Address: tx.teamspeak.cc Port: 9083 PW: pfalz

Vasco :pilotfly:

Okey guys, anybody have any tips on connecting using Windows 7 64? As it is now, I cant even get into a game I am hosting offline. The game gives me the join screen and then drops back to the opening screen when I click the join button (both online and offline).

Beard

Okey guys, anybody have any tips on connecting using Windows 7 64? As it is now, I cant even get into a game I am hosting offline. The game gives me the join screen and then drops back to the opening screen when I click the join button (both online and offline).

Beard

You could easily end up spending more time trying to troubleshoot a non-fixable problem than the time it takes to reinstall. I would just reinstall it in this order:

1. You must start with a clean install of CFS3 patched to 3.1 (or have the Euro DVD) If you already have a clean install on your hard drive you will be OK using this if it is patched to ver 3.1

2. Install the OFF DVD

3. OFF MP in Windows 7 must be set to run as administrator, XP compatibility, and user account control off.

4. Fly once in quick combat and exit

5. Install Patch 12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe (Superpatch & minipatch are here: http://overflandersf...wnloadsBH&H.htm )

6. Install Patch V1pt32gMini.exe

7. Install Hat in the Ring

8. Install Hat in the Ring update v1.47 (HitR patch is here: http://overflandersf...wnloads**tR.htm )

9. Install OFF_Essential_MP_File_Installer.exe ( when prompted, DO NOT install the optional damage model)

10. Install the extra MP mod files.

11.Install the optional grid maps (helps us to reform if we get seperated)

All Mods are here: http://drop.io/upckgbw read the readme file before installing anything.

Now go into your workshop and in the lower right corner make sure it says Phase 3 V1.47

In the lower left corner of workshop tick the boxes as shown below. Then click the button "Backup as Offline" and continue with the backup.

Then click on "Backup as Online" and continue with the backup.

2l9tk43.jpg

Now set your configuration and other workshop settings and configure your controllers/keyboard. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DAMAGE MODELS IF YOU PLAN ON FLYING MULTIPLAYER. That 3rd party program that swaps out the files for you has been known to occasionally cause problems. I hope I haven't left anything out.

Edited by Winston DoRight

I did a fresh install last night before I posted the above. I followed all the above steps, but stopped after the MP essential files (figuring I would add the others after I got it working). So far no joy.

Beard

I did a fresh install last night before I posted the above. I followed all the above steps, but stopped after the MP essential files (figuring I would add the others after I got it working). So far no joy.

Beard

Beard,

Can you get onto TS anytime soon?

Beard,

Can you get onto TS anytime soon?

I am usually working 8 to 5 PST and don't have a Microphone set up on this computer.

Beard

Burning Beard

this is a fix for w7 and multiplayer. this is from the over flanders fields faq section

Q5M. Windows 7 comes up with errors in Multiplayer.

A5M. Microsoft posted a fix for a similar issue in article KB555608.

Also check out this thread on Sim-Outhouse.

Basically simply rename oleacc.dll to oleaccold.dll in the "CFS3WW1 OverFlandersFields" folder. This file is very old and causes a problem loading MP. Renaming it makes Windows use it's own newer version of that dll held elsewhere. You may need to make CFS3MP.exe and CFS3.exe set to "run as administrator" or XP SP3 compatibility mode (or both - experiment). Right click on each of those programs and go to properties to reach the Compatibiity settings.

Thanks Duck, renaming the file was the ticket.

Curley at the bar has a box of stogies and some 12 year old scotch for you ;)

I'll see youse guys Saturday,

Beard