:rofl:

btw, let us know if the 'riverslist.ini' does anything ... I've never used it (or actually seen one...)

wrench

kevin stein

Riverlist.ini has no function... :(

So......

The question of the day is, once you've exported the height map to BMP and edited it PS, how do you save it to make it compatible with the terrain editor? Just saving it as a 24-bit bmp does not work. If I convert it back to Indexed Color and save it, the TE will sort of work with it, but a lot of information seems to be lost.

Very strange.

You need to load the pallete for it when you convert it to Index and ofcourse save it as 8-bit...

I'm attaching the pallete, however you can save it once you open the original image before you start working on it but this shoud be easier for now

I dont know if this would be correct or not. When I sticthed the four DEM togehter in PS I just clicked on the save button. It seems that PS is saving in the exsact format If you dont use save as....

Thanks guys!

Brain32, that did the trick! Thanks for the help--I don;t think I would have figured that out on my own. :fie:

Now my cities should be flattened out. I'll inspect that in game and once its OK, go ahead and apply transitions and start laying rivers...

Sure, no problem...I had my share of epic battles with the Terrain Editor lol

Won all of them though ;-)

Here is what I've done so far. The pic below is actually a little out of date because I've added the Yugoslav air bases last night. I need to remove a few cities that are very close to the wall on the East side of the map, and reduce the number of Greek cities to help preserve my sanity.

adriatic2.jpg

so sparta will be present.....This-Is-Sparta-Smiley.gif

Looking good so far :)

so sparta will be present.....This-Is-Sparta-Smiley.gif

Looking good so far :)

Thanks! Can't have a Greek map without SPARTA!

THIS MAP IS SPARRRTTAAAAA

Greek airfields are placed. I have seven more WP airbases to place and then I can move on to the next step.

looks like some of the lesser skined WP nations will have a place to fly now.I'm really looking forward to this.Thank you for all the effort that is going into this.

Quite a lot of target areas there :smile:

Looks good C5.

looks very interesting C5! :good:

Don, that map is looking absolutely amazing! I can't wait to start distributing MiG & Suhkoi parts all over it!

Column 5,

I have looked at the map and I think you have Bologna completely out of place, it must be on the same "diagonal" line with Rimini (btw until the 90' Rimini was a military airfield) and parma. You would also want to put Piacenza with the San Damiano airbase (now home of the Tornado ECR of AMI). you have forgot Verona Villafranca airbase and I think Aviano is not in the right place. It must be a bit more southwest.

Arrigo

Here is what I've done so far. The pic below is actually a little out of date because I've added the Yugoslav air bases last night. I need to remove a few cities that are very close to the wall on the East side of the map, and reduce the number of Greek cities to help preserve my sanity.

adriatic2.jpg

Guys, what went wrong?