Sign in to follow this  
linus68

Help needed with Mission

I'm new at this and am wondering if there is a way to keep the AI controlled aircraft from landing in hostile airfields.

I've set up a the Red force on the east side of the map and I want the Blue AC to land only in the western airfields.

Is there a way to designate the airfields as red or blue?

Set each flights return and landing waypoint to the airfield you want them to land at.

Set each flights return and landing waypoint to the airfield you want them to land at.

Did that.

All of the Blue flights start out in the air and are set land at an airfield 200 miles away in the west side of the map.

The problem happens when a Blue A/C is damaged or runs low on fuel.

Instead of making for the return field or the orbiting tanker that is 75 miles away.

It heads nearest field, even if that field is defended by SA-11's and has enemy bmp's on the runway.

Did that.

All of the Blue flights start out in the air and are set land at an airfield 200 miles away in the west side of the map.

The problem happens when a Blue A/C is damaged or runs low on fuel.

Instead of making for the return field or the orbiting tanker that is 75 miles away.

It heads nearest field, even if that field is defended by SA-11's and has enemy bmp's on the runway.

Try setting the second to last waypoint to a tanker. Then home. The AI is stupid, they'll go for the nearest base if they're low on fuel.

Putting vehicles near an airfield will not affect its friendly / enemy status.

My understanding is that the way to designate airfields to Red or Blue is by setting an aircraft to take off from it. I recall reading this tip years ago when Lockon had just come out. Whether it still works, you would have to experiment and test out.

What mission designers do is to place an aircraft at an airfield, but set its first waypoint time to have it take off hours / days in the future so that it doesn't actually interfere with the mission.

Putting vehicles near an airfield will not affect its friendly / enemy status.

My understanding is that the way to designate airfields to Red or Blue is by setting an aircraft to take off from it. I recall reading this tip years ago when Lockon had just come out. Whether it still works, you would have to experiment and test out.

What mission designers do is to place an aircraft at an airfield, but set its first waypoint time to have it take off hours / days in the future so that it doesn't actually interfere with the mission.

Thanks guy's looks like that worked.

Next up getting the ECM bird to actually keep broadcasting, and getting the SEAD F-4's to not dogfight the MIG's after making a single pass against them.