The plan worked perfectly! Mind you we always reckoned it would only take a little nudge to convince an Italian boy from Jersey to start an new WWII Italian model. :grin:

Lloyd

Edited by LloydNB

The plan worked perfectly! Mind you we always reckoned it would only take a little nudge to convince an Italian boy from Jersey to start an new WWII Italian model. :grin:

Lloyd

I actually was convinced one was already released thats why I ignored it till now

I didn't realise until now that Wrench had done all the Hawk squadrons in the Battle of France. I might just release this skin and then do a Vichy one for Morocco/Algeria.

post-2351-12549931417066.jpg

Lloyd

• Like 1

Actually, it's all the same skin bmp; Heck Mitchell did all the squadron decals (and a SUPERB job, too!!! I didn't -and still don't know enough about AdA squadrons and markings, so....)

There's a Vichy Hawk skin, too, that I did. But it SURE could use a little update!!! Like, it's rather generic in it's markings. Sort of a "Plane Jane" (get it?? <grin>)

at my site:

http://wrench1smog.com/aircraft/hawk75_vf.zip

here at CA:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6697

There should also be a Vichy DB-7 around here/my site too. The DB-7s, both AdA and Vichy could use a data ini tweek, to remove the exhaust nipples, like I did on the A-20A for Pearl Harbor, and the early strafer SoWesPac version.

I'll gladly share my templates, if that'll help! (painting those yellow/red markings was a frakking nightmare!!! Maybe you can clean it up some!?!??!!!) They SURE could use some better squadron markings, too .....

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: your skin looks SOOOO much better than mine, I'd just do a update pack, saying "this replaces the original skin as done by The Wrench, with Heck Mitchell's AdA Squadron decals.. Install instructions: unzip, and drop a copy of the P-36ATex.bmp into each of the Hawk75_AdA skin folders, allowing it to overwrite Wrench's crappy orignals (wrench's words, not mine). Go fly!

or words to that effect.... :lol:

W

Edited by Wrench

Early stages.

post-2351-12552224152183.jpg

Lloyd

Niiiiiiiiice Rising Sun Cicogna :clapping:

And done!!! Based on a picture of a 12th Sentai Br.20. The characters on the vertical stabilisers say "Honour".

post-2351-12552401601622.jpg

Posting soon.

Lloyd

Edited by LloydNB
  • Like 1

Damnit Lloyd!!! You're gonna MAKE me finish these, aren't you???

Have to revisit my home-made templaes, and add some shading. The mapping on one of these is a little "off", but can't remember where or which!!

Never could find proper historical numbers for one of them -- again, can't remember which

A CAF version of Monty's Hawk III (Export), and the CAF P-26 should already be in the D/L sections.

wrench

kevin stein

Early stages.

post-2351-12552224152183.jpg

Lloyd

Looks like the mapping on the upper side of the fuselage is heavily distorted... :blink:

(The mapping, not your skin!)

Shaolin

Most aircraft here are mapped left/right and so there are inevitable issues as the skin stretches over the top and bottom of the fuselage. If the fuselage shape is roughly spherical the effect is minor. But if the fuselage cross-section is square (as in the BR.20) the stretching is more pronounced. Its just something that you work with.

Wrench

Yes, finish them! I'll add a Chinese P-36 skin this week. I think the Nationalists had two no.2 &4) that flew operationally. A factory was set up to manufacture more but it was relocated to India before any aircraft were built and the P-36s were incorporated into the RAF as Mohawks.

Lloyd

Edited by LloydNB

Shaolin

Most aircraft here are mapped left/right and so there are inevitable issues as the skin stretches over the top and bottom of the fuselage. If the fuselage shape is roughly spherical the effect is minor. But if the fuselage cross-section is square (as in the BR.20) the stretching is more pronounced. Its just something that you work with.

Wrench

Yes, finish them! I'll add a Chinese P-36 skin this week. I think the Nationalists had two no.2 &4) that flew operationally. A factory was set up to manufacture more but it was relocated to India before any aircraft were built and the P-36s were incorporated into the RAF as Mohawks.

Lloyd

I know, the "cheap" way of mapping :grin:...

And that's one of the reasons my first model is still far from completion - I have to learn "real" mapping first (the other main problem is a lack in motivation:boredom:)!

BTW: It will be a WWII model...

Good Greif!!!

Progress on the D.520 skin.

post-2351-12555435802609.jpgpost-2351-12555435892734.jpg

Lloyd

• Like 1

Good Greif!!!

Progress on the D.520 skin.

Lloyd

Looking Great :clapping::clapping:

I absolutely, positively HAD to take a break from the Tunisia map...so I started on finishing off/beginning a couple of airplane projects.

Among them are a 272 Sqdn skin for the Beau 6 (Malta based), a USAAF nightfighter skin; the aircraft will be "nationalized" and for either 414th, 415th or 416th NFS -which ever kept their Beaus til war's end

and these AAF Spit 5s:

31st FG; 307, 308 and 309th FS (no piccy for 308, as I'm still doing up the serial number decals)

wrench

kevin stein

Just fiddelatling around....

not the least bit happy with the LW desert camo, but due to crazy mapping issues on the aircraft...(and the fact that it seems no 2 aircraft in the squadron had matching paint jobs...its like, well 'whatever!')

some poetic liscene is used on the RA version, as it didn't have the grupo badge on the fuselage; was actualy on the wheel spat , and no squadron numbers or other id tags. It just looked to nekked 'the right way'

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

The Hawk 75/P-36A is in Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak. THIS one, the Vichy skin, is based off that, but with a different LOD. I had Capun shave off the nose gun blisters, as there was a mapping issue.

The original AdA BoF version is available here and my site, as is my hack-job Vichy skin as well. (rather generic in nature -- Lloyd has turned the sow's ear into a silk purse!!)

Righteous skin dude!!! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

WOOT!

Marauder!!

wrench

kevinstein