Sign in to follow this  
SeaWulf

Windows 7

thanks alot siggi,,i belive thats the same point someone elses game stops....

Yes. But that's easy to solve.

The file CFS3MP.exe must also run in Windows XP compatibility mode with also the option Run as Administrator ticked.

The problem to me only come after I choose the side, axies or alies. When I press to continue the game just jump off to OFF manager.

Yes. But that's easy to solve.

The file CFS3MP.exe must also run in Windows XP compatibility mode with also the option Run as Administrator ticked.

The problem to me only come after I choose the side, axies or alies. When I press to continue the game just jump off to OFF manager.

Hopefully someone can try to join a game hosted by someone with XP so the host can see the error message on their end. That might get us one step closer.

Dutch

In some of my discussions with other people I got this information.

"your friend did nothing wrong. The simple fact is that due to changes in the XML libraries in win 7, MP will not work. His error is the same as what I saw. The game crashes when it tries to create the lobby for MP matches. I am pretty sure it could be an easy fix. To code around bib it would require someone at ODB to have a look OR someone that is really good at XML coding to try and rewrite the portion of the affected XML file."

I purchased this game for the MP side of it. I don't want to go back to XP if ODB can help us out.

Sooooo, ODB can you help us out?

Thanks,

Dutch

Well if it's an easy fix then maybe someone can point us to the file causing the problem? Thanks guys.

We do not have unlimited resources so we would need some help - esecially as Win7 is not officially tested yet with OFF.

But if it's simple we can always look - please send details of the file causing it or details to the support

@overflandersfields.com addy.

Just upgraded to windows 7 64 bit. Cant get this game running at all now. Have Nvidia GTX 280 graphics card and latest drivers........

(will try older drivers when I can be arsed)

I start the game and keep getting -

OFF MAN fatal error reading INI File error blah blah blah,

Recomend you uninstall and reinstall OFF.

I've just tried this 3 times, I am now officially bored. :no:

Never mind.

Edited by Davy TASB

Just upgraded to windows 7 64 bit. Cant get this game running at all now. Have Nvidia GTX 280 graphics card and latest drivers........

(will try older drivers when I can be arsed)

I start the game and keep getting -

OFF MAN fatal error reading INI File error blah blah blah,

Recomend you uninstall and reinstall OFF.

I've just tried this 3 times, I am now officially bored. no.gif

Never mind.

To get the regular game running you have to right click the OFF manager start file, pick properties and use the pull down window "compatibility" and set it to windows XP 3 and to run as administrator. Same with the CFS3 exe and CFSMP exe.

Dutch

• Like 1

Well if it's an easy fix then maybe someone can point us to the file causing the problem? Thanks guys.

We do not have unlimited resources so we would need some help - esecially as Win7 is not officially tested yet with OFF.

But if it's simple we can always look - please send details of the file causing it or details to the support

@overflandersfields.com addy.

thanks Polovski!!

I'll send what I know.

Dutch

To get the regular game running you have to right click the OFF manager start file, pick properties and use the pull down window "compatibility" and set it to windows XP 3 and to run as administrator. Same with the CFS3 exe and CFSMP exe.

Dutch

Actually I think you only need to have "run as administrator" ticked.

I bought a beautiful new powerful computer with Windows 7 and installed OFF up to V1.32G. Windows 7 wouln't load the software for my old Microsoft FF Sidewinder which made me very sad because I've been using that stick for ages. My son bought me a logitech ATK 3 as a birthday present. It works but I'm having trouble setting the sensitivity and null zones to suit me. The old sidewinder was just right. Anybody using this joystick? Its inexpensive and I'm sure a lot of simmers are using it. I spent my retirement check on the computer and don't want to break the bank on a new stick. Incidently, windows 7 is handling OFF very well.

I bought a beautiful new powerful computer with Windows 7 and installed OFF up to V1.32G. Windows 7 wouln't load the software for my old Microsoft FF Sidewinder which made me very sad because I've been using that stick for ages. My son bought me a logitech ATK 3 as a birthday present. It works but I'm having trouble setting the sensitivity and null zones to suit me. The old sidewinder was just right. Anybody using this joystick? Its inexpensive and I'm sure a lot of simmers are using it. I spent my retirement check on the computer and don't want to break the bank on a new stick. Incidently, windows 7 is handling OFF very well.

I too have Microsoft Sidewinder Pro FFB. And is running in 7 with this:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Windows-Vista/Gameport-support-pack-for-Vista-32-bit-x86-updated-on-07-07-2009/m-p/386462

The only problem is that you loose the Force FeedBack, at least I haven't been able to configure it.

M$ stop supporting its hardware along time ago. A shame.

M$ stop supporting its hardware along time ago. A shame.

Something for which they should be prosecuted, in my opinion.

Well, if anyone thinks Microsoft give a toss whether their products actually work or not - They are deluding themselves

Dutch

Thanks for the advice but I have tried all these suggestions. It still wont work for me.

Thanks for the advice but I have tried all these suggestions. It still wont work for me.

I know you're from England, but how is set you're regional settings and the non-unicode oprtion?

How is the decimal symbol set? Is it for point?

Aother game I play that is also having trouble with Windows 7 is Links 2003.

This game (also a Microsoft product like CFS3) appears to work fine for those with ATI cards but not at all for NVidia Users on the new Windows OS.

I am just wondering if the problem with OFFis specifically related to Nvidia cards/drivers like Links seems to be?

Von Paulus:

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind loss of FF. Its already expired. Procedure sounds complicated but I'll get my son to help. Question: Is the driver I need on the Sidewinder discs or does the "pack" mean simply the procedures and steps described.

Don't use the Sidewinder discs.

At the end of the page there is a link to download the pack. You'll have to download it first and then follow the procedures.

The pack has everything you need to install your joystick in Win7.

I know it's a little tricky, but nothing that someone with low/average knowledge of computers can't do.

I'm sure your son will be able to pull it through. It worked well with me.

If you or your son have any doubts don't hesitate to ask.

are there any news regarding saitek evo force feedback drivers wich work under win 7?

tried win 7 on a seperate partition on my rig. everything works well so far, but as others have mentioned, FF is gone.

i tried the driver wich is names as vista and win7. for the first time it rattled and had some feedback, then it died and crashed. when i want to calibrate or test it, the same errormessage as earlier posted appears (DLL fails to run blah blah).

what a crap the programmers instead of making new drivers only rename a faulty existing driver.

as long as FF does not work, i won't try BHAH on win 7 because FF is too precious and important to lose. even it seems win7 handles BHAH faster.

does anybody has a solution yet?

i did what was said in the saitek forum to regain FF with saitek evo force under win7. so far FF is still there when configurating it, no crashes anymore, though not as strong as under xp. next step is to install BHAH in win7 and try if FF will work in the sim.

if it should still work in BHAH, does anybody know how to rise the rumbling? it's automatically set at 100% force, but it's about as strong as maybe 50% in xp.

One thing that might be important in reducing micro stuttering in Win7 is disabling hardisk index in Win7.

I didn't remembered this feature when I installed OFF in Win7 but since I disable it I notice a little improvement.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I have a Sidewinder FFB2 and am running 64-bit Windows 7. This USB stick installed without a hitch and force feedback works as well as it ever did in XP. If you have one, you needn't worry at all.

Same here hairyspin Sidewinder FFB2 works fine for me in Win7 64 too.