Sign in to follow this  
Erik

SIA - Realistic Survival Settings

Post can be moderated. This is just a place holder.

Guest British_eh

HI THERE,

THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE POSTING AND DOWNLOADING OF PDF'S FOR THE SIA-RSS.

THANKS TO ERIK.

CHEERS,

BRITISH_EH

Edited by British_eh

Guest British_eh

SETTING THE TAC

Keyboard commands are:

Shift + T = Display

T = cycle

Ctrl + Shift + T = changing NM

You start with "All" items listed on the TAC so hitting T once will get you to Airplanes. Next go to Ctrl + Shift + T and toggle it 3 x to get to 1NM which will show up on the bottom of the TAC.

Next, use your mouse to click on the TAC and drag it ( I use the top right corner) to where you can see it but it's not in the way. I'm thinking this is about 60 % of the TAC showing and the clock markings are ~ 9:30 and 2:30. Good to go!

You can also get a hint at where you're going to as you can see the Waypoint arrow and use the OFF Map or your own to figure it out. Missions that are Scouting or Recon of course you will not follow the Waypoints to their destination as per the notations in the RSS.

Cheers,

British_eh

post-46096-070755600%201285046633.jpg

Guest British_eh

LABEL'S MADE MORE TRANSPARENT

THANKS 0-1, BRITISH_EH

BTW, Olham, here is VonBaur's tweak for making the Labels a little more transparent.

"I like to be able to ID the aces as well as my flight mates (I count noses on the way home to know who, if anyone, I lost).

About 1/3 of the way down the ViewUI file (XP users, BOOTDRIVE:\Documents and Settings\your user folder\Application Data[a hidden folder]\Microsoft\CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields) you'll find the color settings for the labels.

The numbers are in hexdecimal, with A=10, B=12, C=13, D=14, E=15, and F=16. To represent colors in CFS3, each number is preceded by an 0x. The first two numbers after that represent opacity, as explained above, and the next six numbers represent the amount of red, green, and blue or RGB values. Each color ranges from a value of 0 to 255. So, 0x00000000 is a solid black, representing the absence of color, and 0x00FFFFFF is solid white, representing the maximum amount of red, green, and blue mixed together.

Red=0x00FF0000

Green=0x0000FF00

Blue=0x000000FF

Yellow=0x00FFFF00

Cyan=0x0000FFFF

Magenta=0x00FF00FF

and so on.

I use 0x2FCCCCCC for the Friend, Enemy, Bogie and Goal colors. That renders all AI labels the same from any distance.

The two numbers after the 0X are the level of transparency, 00 being invisible and FF being 100% opaque.

You have to add the opacity value in front of the codes.

0x2F will be quite transparent; try also 0x4Fand 0x6F - I have even used 0x7F.

2F makes them clear enough to be read without having to pause the game but at the same time they're not overwhelming in a dogfight (i.e. you'll usually see the plane before the label...and if you're looking for the labels I hope you've filled out your will before taking off).

I find this a good compromise between the full DiD standard and a playable game. It's also a good middle ground for those wishing to work their way up to full DiD without having to go off labels cold turkey. Of course, you may want to modify the specifics to suit you, should you even choose to try this at all.

Another side of this is that it makes the information lines ("you hit enemy aircraft", "structure damage",etc.) the same as the labels, so they're not gone but they're not in your face.

The waypoint advisory lines are still a solid red."

OlPaint01

Guest British_eh

As part of the Workshop Settings it is advised that you set up the Field Of View that best works for you and your monitor. This may enhance your abilities to see your target, etc.

FOV setup for OFF courtessy of Olham!

Cheers,

British_eh

Monitor Resolution.pdf

Monitor Field of View.pdf

This thread hasn't seen action in a while! First update: the Field of View calculations are a bit more complicated than the linear scaling presented in the above PDF. See the discussion beginning with this post, and I've created a slightly more accurate (still needs to take into account zoom levels) field of view calculator for Excel.