I have an SF2 project soon to be posted. It will consist of over 25 target drones for the user to practice on over a revamped target range. The drones cover a good chunk of the US inventory from the 1950's to the near future (yes...there is a QF-16). All the drones are flyable........YES FLYABLE. Some are easy kills (the QF-9J Cougar) and others are a real pain (the QF-4S). WHAT I NEED IS DONATIONS!! Not money......MODELS!! If you have made a target vehicle or other full conversion drone that you would like to share with the community......consider including it in the package. Only freeware please. Only realistic stuff considered...... a QFJ-65X SuperStreaker target drone with warp speed and a cloaking device is not what I need..:grin:....ha ha!! Full credit will be given to any donor when package is released (of course). Here is a screenie preview of one conversion drone(China Lake QF-86F) and a Drone Control Aircraft (the F9F-5K Panther of VU-1)..........THANKS....CHAMP VA56

post-52878-064809900 1292107714.jpg

post-52878-013697900 1292107728.jpg

I'm a drone fanatic. My plastic model display at my house is full of them. My latest being a F6F-3K Hellcat.

Maybe time to start one for SF2.

My QF-100 is still around here somewhere, along with a QF-4E.

-S

and more on the QF-100 by me, with removed unneeded cockpit bits (with Storm's, skins, me thinks? disremember!) Might be in 1stGen downloads ... I just don't remember!

wrench

kevin stein

I have the QF-100D already in the package.......same camo skin.I gave it fake guns so that it dogfights like a real fighter but is harmless. As for the F6F Hellcat drone...take a look....:salute: The skin was a B_tch.........putting orange over dark blue was not easy. With 26 drones to finish (I'm on my last one now)....I had to skip the "make a new blank template" method and just wing it. I think it turned out ok. Sure is tough to hit with a sidewinder.....not enough heat.........makes a good challenge. I have the Hellcat on the range from 1950-1956. Its the only prop drone fighter in the package. I do have a QB-17L Flying Fortress for target practice however. I really would like to get a Regulus missile or a Snark in the drone set........something other than planes. I have a few missile drone oddballs thrown in. Hopefully others will contribute as time goes on.......Champ

post-52878-059806100 1292202243.jpg

Edited by ChampionsVA56

Remember....

if it's a DAT mod (with the LOD file) it CANNOT be uploaded anywhere but the DAT site. Without the LOD (ie: skins, inis, etc) that's OK

Geo's mods are also 'permisison only', so you might want to try and contact him, if you want to upload a full package. Or, do it withOUT the lod, and in the readme, list the URL where the aircraft can be obtain. (same for the hellcat cockpit)

You could use the Styx, maybe as a stand-in Regulas? How you'd get it to work, I've no ideaer!!

wrench

kevin stein

About a quarter of the drones will come without the LOD files (cockpit and aircraft).......the Hellcat being one, the B-17 drone (A-team model) and there are a few drone contollers also (one being my T-28B with the Utility Skin). These LODs will need to be obtained through the proper channels of course. I will be releasing the drones and drone controllers individually once the new range package is released .Each drone or plane will have its own background and installation readme with LOD requirements and credits of course. I have to write the credits read-me yet for the terrain file...which will be a huge undertaking....This is my first dive into such a big project so I appreciate all the help and info I have been getting......:good: I expect to have to revise the package here and there but plan to support it the best I can. OH....the drone controllers are more or less eye candy. They are NEUTRAL nation planes you can fly for fun and they have their own parking areas amongst the drones.There is a separate section of the airfield for them with its own runway and facilities.

I'll have to check into that missile for the Regulus stand in. So far I have 2 Firebees,a Mach 3 Bomarc and a Hounddog and FCargo's Tacit Rainbow made into target drones. They make GREAT targets......small but fast. Each has its own countermeasures and they use them well. As for how I did it? Each one thinks its a Firebee but I made tweeks to the data to get the performance/systems I wanted. So far so good. The Tacit Rainbow was a challenge.....the wing unfold animation had to be accounted for......but we got it. I did the ALCM earlier but the animation was off......tail unfolded and then re-folded...wings were fine.....a bug?? I put that one aside.

So far....6 months of work in my " computer man cave" putting this together.......he he.....wife is really getting erked!!

post-52878-012246900 1292253495.jpg

post-52878-084079300 1292253692.jpg

Here is a Drone Controller.........DF-8F Crusader in formation with QF-104A drones.Thats someone else GREAT skin.....(I fixed the fuselage color). That is the Thermal-Electric( Nuc after 1970)Plant target below. OK....here,s a question.....any way on single missions in the game to get only ONE recon plane launched instead of 2?? Is there a ini tweek somewhere? Flight folder??

post-52878-043318100 1292255426.jpg

... :salute:

You're a champion!!! I like the QF-104A :good:

Open the created mission file in the Missions folder and modify

this line?

For exemple:

[AircraftMission001]

Name=DODGE

AircraftType=F-4E

Size=2 replaced with Size=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

RandomChance=100

Coupi :bye:

Edited by Coupi

Well....I need it for the Single Missions created by the game. I have been trying to find the ini line in the MissionControl ini and other entries. Since 2 planes are always launched on a recon mission...it must not be random and it must be somewhere!! Its not a big deal....I can live without it. The drone controllers only fly recon missions...thats why I'm asking. One would be better(more realistic).

... It would be in the "core" of the game!

However... I only see the mission editor from the Expansion Pack 2!

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

I did this [and others] a good while back.

QF-4B.jpg

• Like 1

Something I read about in a recent issue of 'Hook. The Navy had a few QF-84B, painted in an all over orange. White NAVY titles and basic numbers.

Great work Champ!

-Storm

"If it's a Phantom, Sundowner's Got a Skin For It"

should be you new advert, Ant!

wrench

kevin stein

Got the F-84,.........its called a F-84KX..........not much to go on info wise so the skin is a best guess......GMGRU-2 out of Chicoteague NAS,Virginia. Looks ok....so we go with it. I LIKE THAT QF-4B skin Sundowner.....mine is simular but not as PURDY. You want to have that added to the package?? I have a QF-4B all done and ready. I have the Phantom Drones Covered (QF-4B,N,S,E) and I'm finishing a G. If someone has a skin for a QRF-4.....that would be GRAND!!! They are running out of Phantoms.....so I guess they are blasting the poor recon models now.

post-52878-007657400 1292268509.jpg

post-52878-069015200 1292268562.jpg

Hey....thats not bad. Looks like a drone.....flies like a drone.....you mind if I use it?? I just have to figure out a name for it...........:drinks: I can think of a few naughty ones however:rofl:

post-52878-080619300 1292269947.jpg

Edited by ChampionsVA56

Like that Tacit Rainbow, too bad the MALD couldn't be properly modeled, I'd love to send them in some villages in my 'ghan map...

You are all SICK, SICK SICK SICK!!!!!!!! Destroying defendless F-4's. Cannibals, HEATHENS!!!!!! You all need serious serious mental health attention......FREAKS! The lot of you.....:wacko: You are all weirdos.......

:lol:

• Like 1

Uhhh..... Drones...Interesting.

Ok, mine is not US but is a true target drone. Still a WIP.

post-16385-049630800 1292336164.jpg

post-16385-085665900 1292336184.jpg

post-16385-006512500 1292336197.jpg

post-16385-078798000 1292336230.jpg

GORGEOUS!!! THATS WHAT I NEED!!!! If it's not Soviet or "unfriendly" to the Western World.......it will work. I have the whole range set up for use by like 35 countries....mostly NATO and US Allies,Israel,Japan, etc........years of use range from 1950-2020. A non-US drone would be a great addition to the package so PLEASE consider having it included in the release. Full credits will be bestowed apon any donor. BTW...is this a true drone model (real) or is it a fictional work. Fictional is fine as long as it isn't too fictional......no Cloaking devices, ray guns,tractor beams.....:rofl:

OH wait...I see its real...never mind.........A French Nord CT20...NOW thats cool!! I saw a British drone model on Turbosquid or somewhere but they wanted a hundo dineros for the 3d file......If did that the wife would have me sleeping in the garage........:this:

Here is another bunch of pics of whats gonna be BLOWN TO BITS on this new range..........that is the "PHANTOM SITTING DUCK GO BYE BYE" range....:yikes:

In Order: MQM-107D Streaker, F9F-5K, PQM-102A, QF-106 and QF-4S.

So as you can see......the delta wingers and strait wingers are gonna get their fair share also.............:scare: CHAMP

post-52878-085997400 1292341029.jpg

post-52878-058511100 1292341041.jpg

post-52878-026421900 1292341050.jpg

post-52878-017193600 1292341059.jpg

post-52878-028283900 1292341074.jpg

Edited by ChampionsVA56

You are all SICK, SICK SICK SICK!!!!!!!! HEATHENS!!!!!! You all need serious serious mental health attention......FREAKS! The lot of you.....:wacko: You are all weirdos.......

:lol:

and this is news to whom????

spillone: coool drone!

champ: I have a home made template for the Hellcat; that's how I did my WW2 skins. May not be the best, but here ya go.

wrench

kevin stein

THIS IS A MAJOR HELP!! Thanks........do you just (happen) to have one for the BEARCAT and TIGERCAT as well??.......I have some drone controller skins planned for them. If only there was a way to mate the Bearcat canopy and cockpit on top of the Tigercat.......or is there?? Anyone out there have these skins done and anyone wanna mate a Bearcat and Tigercat for me? (sounds sick....my bad).

post-52878-027947600 1292368013.png

post-52878-091290700 1292368031.png

Edited by ChampionsVA56

don't have any for the F7 or F8

as for adding a controlers pit, MAYBE the rio pit from the P-38M MIGHT work! You'll have to add it via the fake pilot method. Be aware the AN/APS-4 pod is part of it, iirc

Look for it in the WW2 Aircraft, 1stGen, downloads.

If it works, great; if it dont, well ya tried! :grin:

wrench

kevin stein