• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:50:33 PM

NOTE Phase 4 or OFF2 are working titles for the new version of OFF we are working on, the new name will be announced soon.

Below, some random pics - The Snipe shots show WM's new England Scenery and objects, which I personally think is stunning, and a couple of the Biff over some other nice views (France) :)
It shows a slight external update but mostly great scenery. The Biff Virtual cockpit is done, no doubt we will show later.

EDIT More pics through the thread. Now merged the two threads with new pics in :)

2. More NEW pics in post #35...

3. and here #70

4. Here London Docks updated #87

5. Bristol Scout updated Post 89

6. New ground objects and airfields.....

7. Latest update added, airfields, Be2c updated

8. BE12 first Pics

9. Some of the Snipe in action and great atmosphere of the new airfields

10. FE2b Updated and DH2 new models - also wearing new textures skins over fine P4 scenery and more

11. Sopwith Strutter new cockpit and model updated over fine P4 scenery

12. 15th October 2011. Here's a few of the single seater Strutter. Some German craft pics soon I promise :)

13. 15th October 2011. NEW ITEMS COMING IN PHASE 4: SEARCHLIGHTS, AIRFIELD TORCHES

14. 21st October 2011. As Promised soem shots of new and updated German craft over superb new scenery!

15. 16th November 2011. More shots of German craft showing new textures (note clouds and scenery are P3 this is just to show the new textures on the new or updated models

We will update on the website at some point but for now pics are here, many exclusive or firsts to Combat Ace.

16. 16th Feb 2012. 3 screenshots of the new summer scenery of Flanders coming soon in OFF2 and showing the updated Roland model, and cockpit and a new Roland skin/texture.

17. 31st March 2012. A new screenshot of the Fokker DR.I damaged, in Summer needing to land badly (and probably will) OFF2

18. 12th April 2012. Several new screenshots of the Albatros D.III and Fokker DR.I damaged, and other pics in various seasons and conditions. OFF2 Development

NOTE Phase 4 or OFF2 are working titles for the new version of OFF we are working on, the new name will be announced soon.

Attached Images

• OFF P4 05-11-11-23-54-32.jpg
  • OFF P4 05-11-11-15-32-04 (2).jpg
  • OFF P4 05-11-11-23-54-27.jpg
  • OFF P4 05-12-11-12-07-21.jpg

--
Polovski

Wings: Over Flanders Fields
http://www.overflandersfields.com
Unique and immersive WWI Flight Simulation

#2 Herr Prop-Wasche

Herr Prop-Wasche
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,822 Posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:14:51 AM

Meh.

I kid! I kid! Really mouth-watering stuff! I'm getting hungry for some P4!
Posted Image

Contact ( tink ... tink ... tink ... ) Clear!

AKA James "Taffy" Jones

#3 elephant

elephant
  • +MODDER
  • 915 Posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:54:07 PM

So do I...
We don't have an estimated time frame for release yet, huh?
I think it's time for Pol to start giving us his Great dramatic promo movies. (I've collected all his P3 ones)...
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
BOC sig2

#4 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:29:53 PM

A few more for you plucked from the ether

A pair of Bristols...if you pardon the phrase, mad cows, and plenty of houses.

Bristol Fighter update, Bristol Scout new cockpit and some exterior changes - still work in progress in and out,
flying over some great scenery London/Suttons Farm areas (Winder still working hard on scenery too :)). A city scape that goes on forever :)

Attached Images

• Bristol Scout WIP 05-18-11-05-32-08.jpg
  • Scout update WIP  5-18-11-05-32-58.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-05-41-35.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-05-42-32.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-06-01-39.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-10-28-16.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-10-28-49.jpg
  • Shot05-18-11-05-47-28.jpg

--
Polovski

#5 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:54:41 PM

A few more..

Attached Images

• Shot05-20-11-07-49-32.jpg
  • Shot05-20-11-07-49-42.jpg
  • Shot05-20-11-07-57-18.jpg

--
Polovski

#6 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:38:49 PM

Talking of colour -

some great pics from Makai showing his work on the new Rumpler skins/textures for Winder's new Rumpler model

Note this is not Phase 4 scenery or clouds etc.

Attached Images

• Rumpler#1.jpg
  • Rumpler#2.jpg

--
Polovski

#7 Wayfarer

Wayfarer
  • 510 Posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:08:48 PM

"The Aviatik will be coming to a screen near you. Not soon, but it will be coming.
Cheers,
shredward"

Thank you Shred - I'm heartened by that.
"

Just like to second that. An aircraft I always wanted to see in OFF.

Demented But Proud!

13092760053_d428c32403_q.jpg

#8 gaw

gaw
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 403 Posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:05:06 PM

astonishing work gentlemen.................thank you!

#9 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:40:12 AM

Some more of the updated London Docks

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

These are on Imageshack didn't want to use too much CA bandwidth!. Note these are blurry when viewed directly on imageshack but to work around just right click on the image and then choose view image, then zoom.

--
Polovski

#10 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:23:58 PM

Couple more for ya. Bristol Scout revamp

Attached Images

• Shot05-27-11-22-13-25.jpg
  • Shot05-27-11-21-39-43.jpg
  • Shot05-27-11-18-00-38.jpg
  • Shot05-27-11-21-40-37.jpg

--
Polovski

#11 Polovski

Polovski

WOFF Developer

• +DEVELOPER
  • 2,447 Posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:13:40 PM

We were going to hold back some but what the hell - tell me this scenery isn't good...

:)

Attached Images

• Shot05-27-11-13-15-20.jpg

--
Polovski

#12 Pips

Pips
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 198 Posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:07:38 PM

edit:
Rick went West
shredward

Ahhh no, not Rick too?

Edited by Pips, 14 June 2011 - 04:09:00 PM.

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member

#13 Hellshade

Hellshade
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,832 Posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:37:15 PM

I think it would be fair to note that P4 won't be supplying just a "plane pack" should the Devs decide to do so. It's not just modeling the planes and creating a Flight Model and Damage model for it. That's just the start. Then they have to do all of the research for the squadrons that fielded such aircraft. When they were first deployed, where the various squadrons moved too. When they were last operational on the front. Determines the Aces (if any) that flew in them. When those Aces first showed on the front and when they left or were killed. Custom paint skins for each of the Aces planes as needed as well as paint schemes for all of the squadrons. Not to mention determining the squadron status of poor, average or Elite for every squadron that fielded the planes. No, a simple "Plane Pack" for P4 will be a hell of a lot more work for OBD than it is for the typical flight sim.

For that reason alone, it would easily merit an additional charge for them. Given the amount of work that that would entail, I would expect to pay extra for such additions.

Hellshade

Join the War at

www.WingsOverFlandersFields.com

In game videos at

www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#14 DukeIronHand

DukeIronHand
  • U.S. Marine Corps
  • 742 Posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:14:37 PM

For that reason alone, it would easily merit an additional charge for them. Given the amount of work that that would entail, I would expect to pay extra for such additions.

No problem!

Doing the math of:

Amount of Enjoyment = Time Spent x Fun Factor x Immersion x Flying Fun x Historical Completeness - Money Spent

I guess I would have to say that OFF is the best investment I've ever made.

Semper Barmy

#15 Hasse Wind

Hasse Wind
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 2,475 Posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:27:44 AM

The historical realism of OFF is really something special. I have a feeling P4 is going to be an extraordinary simulator of WW1 air combat, even more so than P3. I'm particularly interested in the changes and improvements made to non-fighter careers, which have received less attention in P3 than fighters. Maybe you could reveal something new about these careers some day? Like what new mission types there will be, will there be new bombsights, and possibly recon cameras and wireless sets? Things like that. :drinks:

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

Axel Oxenstierna (1583–1654)

#16 Olham

Olham
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 16,446 Posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:45:12 PM

... will there be new bombsights, and possibly recon cameras and wireless sets? Things like that. :drinks:

Artillery obs with a wireless set - that could lure me into a two-seater!

post-46143-0-43622600-1444776485.jpg

#17 Hasse Wind

Hasse Wind
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 2,475 Posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:00:50 PM

Exactly, Olham. I already fly two-seaters for most of the time, and it would make the missions much more interesting, as would recon missions with a camera.

Because it's been confirmed that there's going to be a Rumpler C.IV in P4, we're one step closer to my dream of flying high altitude recon missions equipped with a camera and not just my imagination. :grin:

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

Axel Oxenstierna (1583–1654)

#18 33LIMA

33LIMA
  • EDITOR
  • British Army
  • 2,043 Posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:31:45 PM

Artillery obs with a wireless set - that could lure me into a two-seater!

Yes that would be rather nice, and a good selling point. RoF is supposed to implement that at some point; would encourage me to buy it, when I have a good enough graphics card and they have added at least one RFC/RAF 2-seater.

In OFF, perhaps this could be done by giving a plane on an 'art obs' mission several 'invisible bomber wingmen' and using the TAC to designate a ground target, before giving the 'A' command. You could call in at least one 'shoot', two or more if you didn't 'send in all your wingmen' at once. Better still if it could be better simulated of course but there may already be code that could be used, to give a passable simulation, the best being the enemy of the good enough, and all that.

[pulls 'Biggles Pioneer Air Fighter' off the shelf, and begins re-reading 'The Zone Call']
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!

'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892

#19 33LIMA

33LIMA
  • EDITOR
  • British Army
  • 2,043 Posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:53:21 PM

PS is there any chance at all, that P4 will finally kiss goodbye to the dog-leg bends in the CFS3 roads, rivers and railway lines? The former are not TOO awful, but the sharp kinks in rivers and railway lines are the proverbial blot on the otherwise (already) unsurpassed OFF landscape. In P3, some of these dog legs seem to have been minimised by putting in several small ones instead of one big one to give the impression of a more gradual curve but they still stand out in many places. Yes I know that there were many canals or canalised rivers in Flanders but even canals don't I think have too many sharp kinks.There are still some visible in the P4 screenies but the better the rest of the scenery gets, the more they stand out. Don't suppose anything more can be done?

PPS and can you PLEASE have a quiet word with those airfield construction chaps who insist on planting some windsocks more or less right in front of the sheds on more than one aerodrome - I just wrote off my latest Albatros DV on one that I spotted too late and reckon I'm in line for an 'interview without coffee' with the OC! :blink:
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!

'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892

#20 Olham

Olham
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 16,446 Posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:39:35 AM

... can you PLEASE have a quiet word with those airfield construction chaps who insist on planting some windsocks
more or less right in front of the sheds on more than one aerodrome - I just wrote off my latest Albatros DV on one
that I spotted too late and reckon I'm in line for an 'interview without coffee' with the OC!

Such things happened all the time, LIMA - landing accidents. In "No Parachute!" Lee describes one, where one pilot
is landing his Pup on another one, which came in lower. It was all yet in it's children's shoes.

As for the rivers: Look through the recent new screenshots - you,ll find a meandering river.

post-46143-0-43622600-1444776485.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests