Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

unlimited demo for Rise of Flight now available.

The demo is now unlimited, I mean no time limit! so you want to try the new standard for WW1 flight sims without a time limit? Then go download it and try it!

download the Demo HERE

Very smart move if you ask me. High chances are most of new users will end upgrading to standard edition and buying additional planes/bundles/fieldkits anyway after the free version.

Cliffs of Dover should do the same... that way less people would possibly buy that POS

(piece of software of course :grin:)

Are you still "teathered" to the internet when playing this demo or the non-demo SP campaign ???

If you are, I'm still not interested, since this is the the main reason that I have not bought ROF since the beginning.

Awesome. Russian DVD release is just a demo now. :grin:

Internet access needed for career and MP, not for quick or single missions. Not sure about the campaigns.

Campaigns used to require connection to unlock the next mission.

Cool. I am going to check this game out for sure now.

Campaigns used to require connection to unlock the next mission.

No, campaigns are full offline, internet connection need only for career and MP! RoF is the best flight sim ever!!!

Well I downloaded the new demo 10 times before I got a download that wasn't corrupt. Downloaded 4 times from a torrent, the remainder from the ROF forums link.

Have been trying it exclusively for the past week. The control mapping process is long and senseless. Why not just have a config.ini. like in 1946?? Much easier and faster.

Likes---- The trees, water, aircraft detail. Force Feed Back works like it's supposed to. Game runs smooth as silk at max settings.

Dislikes---- The scenery is very sterile looking just plain Jane. The clouds look just like IL2 jobs which are horrible. Multi-player. ROF forums policed by the NKVD, any complaints about the game get your posts locked, deleted, or your a$$ sent on a vacation.

Unsure ----- The flight models of the SPAD13 and the D5a leave something to be desired.

Overall it's OK but I am not in a big hurry to buy this one.

Just my 2 cents.

Well I downloaded the new demo 10 times before I got a download that wasn't corrupt. Downloaded 4 times from a torrent, the remainder from the ROF forums link.

Have been trying it exclusively for the past week. The control mapping process is long and senseless. Why not just have a config.ini. like in 1946?? Much easier and faster.

Likes---- The trees, water, aircraft detail. Force Feed Back works like it's supposed to. Game runs smooth as silk at max settings.

Dislikes---- The scenery is very sterile looking just plain Jane. The clouds look just like IL2 jobs which are horrible. Multi-player. ROF forums policed by the NKVD, any complaints about the game get your posts locked, deleted, or your a$ sent on a vacation.

Unsure ----- The flight models of the SPAD13 and the D5a leave something to be desired.

Overall it's OK but I am not in a big hurry to buy this one.

Just my 2 cents.

The scenery is still a work in progress, hang in there on that one. The key mapping and the ability to set your stick responses are nice, yeah it takes a bit longer, but in the end well worth the time. The MP for me has been some of the most fun I've had since RB3D. I mean it is smooth and solid, But then I only fly in the 95th servers. The flight models are also being worked on. they are trying as hard as they can to get them as close to real as possible. Hang in there on this one also. They are working on them.