Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

I am following an older list of things to do to bring the nifty USAF_A-37B Dragonfly into my SF2 Vietnam game, but the super-sqweek blows up on the runway when the program starts on the runway and when the program starts in the air, I have two antenna, three pilots, and six bombs in phantom aircraft of unknown design. Any suggestions or is there a new transition checklist/things to do list for the transition? It could well be out of the range of what I can do with the ini's, but has anyone else done this?

i have had the A-37 in SF-2 but it has the big ole white patch in the middle. does Op Hydra have an updated LOD to get rid of that?

i don't remember having that problem. i have had that before and had to fixe the texture which i may have and other than the Shadow doesn't work.

Edited by Spectre8750

Moved to the correct Forum (ie: the SF2 ones)

--------------------------------------------

if you don't see the physical aircraft, you're missing the LOD. (only available at the DAT site)

the third pilot, I'll venture a bet, is due to the use a 'FakePilot', and the items being used as the (fake)'Seat' is missing.

the 'white patch' (which I'll bet is square in shape) is an mesh artifact, and I'll venture a guess that DA is on XP or Vists with DX9. Older 1stGen models, in many cases, with undefined (ie: 'no material applied') meshes show that way. If the offending mesh is internal (like a bulkhead in the fuselage), you can use Bpao's (patent pending) "remove mesh data ini edit", once the mesh has been located in the OUT file (if supplied).

the shadow 'tractor beams' usually means open holes in the LOD's meshes that can only be fixed in 3d MAX. Or just turn the shadow statement OFF in the A-37B.ini.

Another aircraft that needs a complete rebuild to fix many issues. A pity, as Kesselbrut's cockpit is quite nice!

Jug, if you can post a screenie, it'd help!

Edited by Wrench

*Ahem* I actually have an old model i started way back in 2008 for Armed Assault but sort of stopped working on, it is a tad low poly but nothing some meshsmoothing cant fix. It would actually be a quite nice and simple project, if a cockpit already exists that is?

gallery_19311_694_55648.jpg

• Like 1

Ohh yeah please finish the super tweet. :drinks: Its such a awesome small bird.

Ohh yeah please finish the super tweet. :drinks: Its such a awesome small bird.

OMG yes, that would be a welcome addition to the fleet.

and needed for my Central America map, too!!

Kess has given 'blanket permission' to use his stuff, so that takes care of the cockpit issue

Me want!!!!:clapping:

MeshSmooth can work miracles :drinks: Even the UVmap is pretty decent after all these years, hehe

gallery_19311_694_60235.jpg

Centurion, you be da man!

I installed the model which is possible downloaded from this site at this address:http://combatace.com/files/file/10925-cessna-a-37b-dragonfly-for-sf1-wov/, the model on the Skunkworks A-Team site,and change all the "ini" files from "ANSI" format to "Unicode".The antenna's files must be put into the Pilots folder of SF2V and all wil work without problems.

Regards,

Ice Man

Teo

If anyone could send me a zip of the aircraft in working SF2 order, preferable with the LOD file intact, that would be very much helpful for my efforts of bringing my little bird into the game. I promise I wont redistribute it, but I all time I spend trying to get the original work is time I wont spend on the model.

I got help with the request already! To reward a good community, here another pic:

gallery_19311_694_27199.jpg

Most of the work I put in today was just made fixing old stuff, making it more accurate, tweaking the uvmap etc and textures. Still gonna need to do some semi-major edits on the fuselage before I am happy...

• Like 1

I just love this little bird it has some Lilo&Stich style over it

Good work Centurio! Never knew you were working for arma also, pls check those pics, the canopy/frontglass doesnt seem to have the right shape.

A-37s.jpg

t-37-dvic262.jpg

t-37-dvic261.jpg

I first thought its the angle of the shot.

looking forward to this (the mig also :-P)

:good:

Ah you are right ofcourse, dont know what I was on when I first made the model considering the number of glaring inaccuracies :P

I think i fixed the canopy now, still not perfect but..

gallery_19311_694_192156.jpg

• Like 1

Spent some air time with students puking on me in the last of those pictures. The sick student had to clean the aircraft, but my wife had to clean me. Didn't happen often, but each experience was memorable.

Have you guys noticed that the real A-37 pic is with the FOD screens up over the intakes. Bitchin' animation in the SF1 version. When you lift off the ground the FOD screens retract folding under the intakes creating a more unrestricted airflow through the engines and a noticable increase in thrust. Be nice if we could have it in the SF2 animations as well as FM. Also, at around the 10-25% thrust position on the throttles, small thrust attenuators would extend into the exhaust port of the engines which enabled the pilot to control his airspeed in the final turn (semi-speed brakes). A good pilot could hear them extend and retract.

Edited by Jug

I have a FOD screen modeled already, just need some mapping, textures and animations and it's ready to go :P

gallery_19311_669_12919.jpg

It's alive! But still a lot of s**t to fix up and so. At this point I'd like to team up with some INI editing guru (Wrench? :cool:) who could edit the small and fiddly points while I fix the remaining stuff in the mesh, there is no landing gear yet, small antennas, finish FOD screen et cetera... Anyone?

EDIT: And yeah, I know the windscreen is waaay to transparent :grin:

Edited by Centurion-1

Looking totally awesome :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

i'm not a FM guy ... more of a skinner/decaler and loadout dancer. I'm sure we can find someone, though

I'm LOVING this new one!!!