FastCargo

So you want to make a 3d object for Strike Fighters?

there are some significant differences between a plane, groundobject or a simple terrain object. But the exporting procedure is simple and always the same, you need the export plugin for Max 2009, select the plugin with max and then click on the hammer symbol on the uper right corner, click on "more" and select the export plugin from the list. Than you should have several options how to export an object.

• Like 1

Hi everione.

I'm really interested in making aircraft for SF2. I know plenty of 3d max. 

Probably I will need help in creating cockpit, weapons, sounds, and supporting files. 

Good morning everyone.

Best solution I found for using 3dsmax  newer than 3dsmax 2009 models is the fbx plugin to make them backwards compatible.(import into max 2009 from above versions).some settings on exporter need adjusting but mostly its ok in 2009

ok,this is my old model of the P47N I did for sf1,its all ready to export to game .if you want it to see how parts are set up to export and want to use this model to learn from(personal use ONLY)

please pm me for password for zip ,It may only be used as example to see how model is linked etc ready for game,textures not included,but there are textures for it in sf1 dl section.

As said ONLY to be used as reference model.

Cheers

no password as other corrupted

post-1981-0-10326100-1394730498.jpg

P-47.7z

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

How can we have a modder status?

I want to create aircrafts to SF2

Welcome to the community!

You can create and upload any aircraft, skin, terrain, etc as you wish, that is not limited to the modders or in fact to statuses. The modder status is earned by releasing your creations to the community. The existing modders then will vote when you reach the point so it can be granted to you with the coming privileges too.

Edited by logan4

Hi, i want to try this, i mind the 3D part wich is i like, i actually work as 3D animator, i been previously mod other games like GTA or rFactor, i want to make some planes for this, or at least try, is there a tutorial for export formats? sorry if i missed.

I made this for fun in the past, i already have the SF2 version but not upload yet.

http://combatace.com/files/file/12283-more-zoom-in-cameras-and-fly-by-camera-zoomable/

Edited by pay2021

not sure how valid these might be (not being a 3D guy in any way, shape or form), but here's a link to the 3rd Wire exporter notes. Don't know if the exporter is included, but there's several people around here that have (may be available from the 3W site)

http://combatace.com/files/file/344-3d-studio-max-exporter-notes/

good luck! we NEED new modelers!

Edited by Wrench

Basic aircraft creation or rather,mesh manipulation to eventually turn say,cylinder to fuselage,is easy for those with some knowledge of 3dsmax.even basic knowledge will get you started.

Reading or watching tutorials,explaining how to turn the mesh into a certain shape ,and what tools to use(modifiers) and how to use them is advisable,as a shape such as fuselage ,can be made in a few ways...

from cylinder, box,(later shaped  by manipulating the polys,vertices etc to resemble the reference drawings )..depends on fuselage shape,as to how you start to create it.

Tutorials are easy to do,to show how the meshes link etc,animating tutorials are too...For those planning to start modelling,I for one can supply tutorial here on linking parts etc etc...even some basic shape creation.

I usually look at the a\c I want to do,then look at the best way using standard base meshes,for speed and less time consuming work.and go from there,planning your route is better so you know what to expect further along,as the model progresses,later on you will discover ways to shortcut what you used in the past,this will come the more you use this programme,3ds max

I,havent really the time to do tuts for people who have never tried 3ds max,but tuts out there are plenty on getting to know the tools for basic modelling,and how to use them.

Edited by russouk2004

I also just downloaded Blender and want to start modeling, I still have a week of holidays, so I can start figuring out how it works. But since I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to things, which are complicated at first glance, it will take a while until I can show you results :grin:

Edited by ValAstur

not sure how valid these might be (not being a 3D guy in any way, shape or form), but here's a link to the 3rd Wire exporter notes. Don't know if the exporter is included, but there's several people around here that have (may be available from the 3W site)

http://combatace.com/files/file/344-3d-studio-max-exporter-notes/

good luck! we NEED new modelers!

Many thanks!

I sucefully put a model in game, now i must dig into gear animations and such.

You know if there is some importer from game into MAX so i can see some details? that will be just perfect, now, as any game mod i just try and error, the old school.

Theres no way to look at the LOD into max...only way is to look at an existing model thats in game..

I'm intrigued... I'm experimenting with modifying some of the DATA.ini to upgrade/refine some of the models I've seen, for research purposes, and potential release back into the collective. I've been reverse engineering some of the object descriptions in the DATA.ini files to enhance realism, but I've not looked at modding geometry yet. I have significant background in *real* CAD (CATIA V5 and similar goodies), but not the simplified polygonal model builders used in simulation.

A project... I'm trying to work out how to get the full spectrum of weapons/radar fits on some older warships working, with a little success. I suspect this is going to involve adding logical hierarchies to models to ensure that these are correctly located and have appropriate system logic trees to sustain them.

Stephen McParlin ACGI, BEng., CEng., AFAIAA, FRAeS

p.s. I'm an old, and very clued up engineer, who knows things...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..