I just finished a batch of F-15 personalizations using the f15_decol and pilot_f15_patch files. Both are TGAs converted to DDS, and both allow items such as canopy names, nose art, fuselage/tail art and unit patches to be displayed on the aircraft (decol) and pilot model (patch). I'm trying to find out if there's a way to do this with other aircraft such as the A-10A or A-10C, as this makes for a much easier time to make skins and updates for personalizations like these.

you should be able to open the A-10C Template, Make decals over the Diffuse layer, remove all other layers and save as TGA.

open A-10C/Liveries Description LUA and add line.

{"MatererialName",3,TextureName",true/false]; (3 being the Decal Layer.)

Awesome!

Thanks, Skate. I'll give this a try tonight.

Another tangential question:

Since someone online must have my skin to see my skin, and I can't expect everybody to have my personalized skins, is there a way to have DCSW find the closest match.

For example, I decide to use the a custom 493rd skin which adds my personalized markings to the default skin. Is there a way to make sure that DCSW will display the default 493rd skin for everybody else who doesn't have the markings? If not, an "alias" line would be a great idea for an additional line in description.lua.

i think if the skin is missin it picks the first livery that was scanned or loads a random one.

Gave it a try:

{"A-10C_PAINT_1-a", 0 ,"A-10C_BVS_1-a",false};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-a", 3 ,"A-10C_Decol_BVS_DRH_1-a",false};

The base layer worked, but no luck with the 3rd layer.

hmm... i'll have to look at some ED Examples then.

i did notice only the F-15 had the ,3, layers.

Edited by SkateZilla

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW

View File (Early) Code Group Patches EAWv1.20to1.28to1.28ato1.28b
      This is an early set of the un-official v1.28 and the two upgrades. 
      *Important Information:
      If you have the GOG versions, 1.2 or 1.28, then these upgrades would over write the GOG made eaw.exe revisions. 
      It effectively takes away the GOG patch. It 's your choice if you wish to do this.

1.2 to 1.28 to 1.28a to 1.28b Install Instructions
      by: MarkEAW 

Download These Files:
      EAW1.28patch.exe 48.4MB  This is a 1.2 to 1.28 Installer (Jun222008)
      1.28to1.28a.exe  11.2MB  1.28 to a  (Jun182009)
      1.28ato1.28b.exe 969KB   1.28a to b  (Jul042009)

eaw.ini file;  
      Before installing, remove/delete your v1.2 eaw.ini file from the game folder to allow the new un-official version to make its own ini file with extend functions.

From a fresh install; 
      Have a clean "install" of the official MicroProse v1.20 game.
      Install the first patch into that folder, the 'EAW12' game folder, allowing some existing files to be overwritten.
      Then extract each patch there after into the same folder, overwriting some of the files each time.

Submitter MarkEAW Submitted 09/01/2023 Category EAW - European Air War  
    • By MarkEAW
      This is an early set of the un-official v1.28 and the two upgrades. 
      *Important Information:
      If you have the GOG versions, 1.2 or 1.28, then these upgrades would over write the GOG made eaw.exe revisions. 
      It effectively takes away the GOG patch. It 's your choice if you wish to do this.

1.2 to 1.28 to 1.28a to 1.28b Install Instructions
      by: MarkEAW 

Download These Files:
      EAW1.28patch.exe 48.4MB  This is a 1.2 to 1.28 Installer (Jun222008)
      1.28to1.28a.exe  11.2MB  1.28 to a  (Jun182009)
      1.28ato1.28b.exe 969KB   1.28a to b  (Jul042009)

eaw.ini file;  
      Before installing, remove/delete your v1.2 eaw.ini file from the game folder to allow the new un-official version to make its own ini file with extend functions.

From a fresh install; 
      Have a clean "install" of the official MicroProse v1.20 game.
      Install the first patch into that folder, the 'EAW12' game folder, allowing some existing files to be overwritten.
      Then extract each patch there after into the same folder, overwriting some of the files each time.

• By LaoHu
      I downloaded this mod for the F-5 and all of the skins for the aircraft are black, which means the textures aren't loading but I can't find out why it isn't loading. There is no exact installation instructions other than extract it into the mod folder which I did and there doesn't look like there are any issues with the file placement compared to the other aircraft files. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. the drop tanks have the textures working and the cockpit, loading screen, menu, etc all work. Everything but the skin. 

• By LaoHu
      Would it be possible to put a photograph in your cockpit? Often pilots are shown to have a photo of a loved one inside their cockpit attached to the dashboard to remind them of home, give them inspiration, etc. Would it be possible to stick one in a cockpit through some kind of texture edit or something? 
    • By Eugene2

View File Photorealistic default skin for Geezer's Martinsyde G100/G102s
      Photorealistic skin for excellent Martinsyde G100/102 (all modifications) by Geezer.
      I tried to add some "photorealistic" textures for more impressive image of this aircraft.
      Eugene
      Submitter Eugene2 Submitted 07/03/2022 Category Other Entente Aircraft Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..