Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Race 07

Saw this on Steam for REAL cheap and wondered if its got scaleable options like automatic shifting & tweaking, stuff like that. Bought GT Legends on Steam for 11 bucks few days ago and Race 07 caught my eye.

Falcon

Hi Falcon.

Yes Race07 is very tweekable, much like GT Legends which I think it shares most of its game engine with. You have options for braking assist, steering assist, auto shifting, auto clutch, auto reverse, spin recovery and traction control.

Much like the Strike Fighter series there are other games and expansion packs that will integrate with Race07.

Also both GT legends and Race07 are very moddible. There are a few websites but I find www.NoGripRacing.com to be a good source for mods. The file structure is reasonably simple to follow and adding mods is about as simple as adding them to SF2.

Hope this helps.

Mikeymead.

• Like 1

Race 07, despite being almost 6 years old, is a great game. It has its limitations, but as mentioned there are a bunch of expansions and full titles that merge with it like GT Evolution, Race On, Race Injection (numerous smaller addons combined).

It's like a slightly newer GT Legends with different tracks (mostly, a couple are the same) and different cars, Race 07 having a diverse bunch of all types including open wheel. Oh, the other difference is unlike GT Legends and GTR2 which preceded it, Race 07 has no "unlockables"...you get access to every car and track from the start and can mix and match how you want.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm gonna pull the trigger then. The DLCs for it is dirt cheap too like .99 cents each. Having a blast with GT Legends on Beginner but after I finished my career on that level I'll bump a notch or 2. Right now I'm having fun learning the tracks and tweak my cars :). The only con is I can do the qualifying & one race per day (I'm disabled and playing on a joystick and my hand goes numb after a race LOL) since the races are starting to be 8 laps instead of 5 LOL.

Falcon

Well I thought for sure the DLCs were .99 cents but they're weren't so I bought the Race 07 base and 2 DLCs for 11 bucks. Need to buy another Steam card since my steam wallet has 11 bucks left in it LOL.

Falcon