Erik

New Badges

I'll even offer a unit badge to make the deal more appealing. 

but which to choose?  the folks I deployed with twice, my current unit Reserve unit  (nah scratch that) or would I even be allowed that BRO finally? (stupid Kosovo doesn't count for a patch back in 2000  grumble grumble..)     nah lets keep it simple.

but seriously, I agree with Crazyhorse. don't care for the current logo. but then again I came in to "Be All that You Can Be." 

Edited by daddyairplanes

Badges?  :cool:

The EGA you have Erik is for Officers.  I was enlisted and the enlisted EGA looks like:

180px-Enlisted_GlobeAnchor.jpg

Edited by 531Ghost

Are there badges for Cubans, Syrians, Iranians, North Koreans, or at least a generic "Axis of Evil" badge? No? Tsss, everything is political...

but which to choose?  the folks I deployed with twice, my current unit Reserve unit  (nah scratch that) or would I even be allowed that BRO finally? (stupid Kosovo doesn't count for a patch back in 2000  grumble grumble..)     nah lets keep it simple.

but seriously, I agree with Crazyhorse. don't care for the current logo. but then again I came in to "Be All that You Can Be." 

Hard to say, only you can decide.

Badges?  :cool:

The EGA you have Erik is for Officers.  I was enlisted and the enlisted EGA looks like:

You're right but most don't know that, not an excuse btw, it's just the system gets bogged down with tons of badges and then I have to start asking about rank, then you get into hmmm well should you send me your DD214, oh it gets messy. I can and will make the EGA correction since I was called on it. Thanks.

Are there badges for Cubans, Syrians, Iranians, North Koreans, or at least a generic "Axis of Evil" badge? No? Tsss, everything is political...

Try me. If we have North Koreans and Syrians on this site I want to badge them the most. No pissing on my parade though with political crap, this isn't about that, it's about pride.

:poopy:

• Like 1

Syrian Armed Forces

North Korean Army

I'll wait to incorporate those until we have verified people who want to claim them.  :mellow:

North Korea doesn't even have access to the World by internet I don't think. That's locked down I'm pretty sure. Syria well... access if you have power, connectivity, and a device. Trifectas are hard to come by there.

No worries Erik.  I'm okay with either.  Technically, I'm an O3 equivalent now any way. ;)

But that looks GREAT too!  Thanks!

You'll have to choose, you can wear either. It's supposed to be perk for your service and rank if you earned the gold and silver EGA I can change it, if not we have the gold EGA now too. Simple.

Posted before I saw the EGA as my badge,  It's fine the way it is.  Again, thanks!

S/F

I like my new badge... thanks E :)

Now the Navy is represented too! :clapping: Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh!

130px-Emblem_of_aircraft_of_NVA_%28East_

I would like this.

What is it?

What is it?

It was the insignia of the planes and helicopters of the LSK/LV or in western terms EGAF = East German Air Force

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 1

Ok sure. Since the Luftstreitkräfte der NVA operated from 1956 to 1990 you'd obviously be a veteran. If you could PM me a little about your career, (ie years of service, specialty or job while enlisted, unit) that would be terrific. I love hearing the stories of what you guys have accomplished in your lifetimes.

No PM, i have nothing to hide.

My military service started in 1988. On 1. September i was drawn (hope this is the correct term) to the Military Technical School at Prora.

There in the "Land der drei Meere (Sandmeer, Ostmeer, Nichtsmehr) [ difficult to translate "soldier joke" = Land of three Seas (Sandsea, Baltic Sea, Nothing more)] i spent a half year for sergeant training, specialiced for "propaganda technic", what sounds terrible, but was in reality operating a cinema and taking photos etc.

After that half year i was sent as Unteroffizier (Sergeant) to a helicopter squadron and got there a small cinema, which i had to operate. Was a nice and easy job. The most part of the day was easy and at the evening i had to show movies from all over the world (mostly western productions from France, Danmark and Hollywood)

But then i had during a training a "big mouth" and told one officer that he teached rubbish (He said: You can kill a Leo2 panzer by shooting the turret with a RPG-7 and i said "foolish nonesens" but not silently enough). The result was that i was promptly degraded to Private rank. The problem was, that the officer was a pilot, but i was member of the staff, so he had not had the right to degrade me. So i was ordered to come to the commander of the squadron to become degraded.

It was not a very nice time there, but after they had stamped me into the soil for a while one deputy commander rised his finger and said "Comrade Lieutenant Colonel, excuse me please, but the guy was right. The Leo 2 is frontalyl  attacked with RPG-7 unvulnerable" And after he explained the "Why", he teatsed my knowledge of "tank busting"  in front of thie high ranking officers of the squadron. He was safisfied and so i became a member of the tactical SAR team. From this time my easy life was over. I still had to operate my cinema and had additionally to train the TAC SAR job. Was interessting.

In September 1990 the unit was dismissed and i left the Military with the rank of a Unterfeldwebel (Staff Sergeant)

• Like 3

Tell that story about your border incident with the Abrams, it was great!

grupo aereo escuela  EAM

No PM, i have nothing to hide.

My military service started in 1988. On 1. September i was drawn (hope this is the correct term) to the Military Technical School at Prora.

There in the "Land der drei Meere (Sandmeer, Ostmeer, Nichtsmehr) [ difficult to translate "soldier joke" = Land of three Seas (Sandsea, Baltic Sea, Nothing more)] i spent a half year for sergeant training, specialiced for "propaganda technic", what sounds terrible, but was in reality operating a cinema and taking photos etc.

After that half year i was sent as Unteroffizier (Sergeant) to a helicopter squadron and got there a small cinema, which i had to operate. Was a nice and easy job. The most part of the day was easy and at the evening i had to show movies from all over the world (mostly western productions from France, Danmark and Hollywood)

But then i had during a training a "big mouth" and told one officer that he teached rubbish (He said: You can kill a Leo2 panzer by shooting the turret with a RPG-7 and i said "foolish nonesens" but not silently enough). The result was that i was promptly degraded to Private rank. The problem was, that the officer was a pilot, but i was member of the staff, so he had not had the right to degrade me. So i was ordered to come to the commander of the squadron to become degraded.

It was not a very nice time there, but after they had stamped me into the soil for a while one deputy commander rised his finger and said "Comrade Lieutenant Colonel, excuse me please, but the guy was right. The Leo 2 is frontalyl  attacked with RPG-7 unvulnerable" And after he explained the "Why", he teatsed my knowledge of "tank busting"  in front of thie high ranking officers of the squadron. He was safisfied and so i became a member of the tactical SAR team. From this time my easy life was over. I still had to operate my cinema and had additionally to train the TAC SAR job. Was interessting.

In September 1990 the unit was dismissed and i left the Military with the rank of a Unterfeldwebel (Staff Sergeant)

Absolutely amazing that we have such a diverse range of veterans here on the forums. East German, West German, who gives a crap? You worked as hard as anyone else. 

Thanks for telling these stories. To hear the stuff from the Eastern Bloc is really educational!

• Like 1

Maybe one for Spanish Army??? Thanks

I do PM me for further instructions.

grupo aereo escuela  EAM

Same as above.