Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DCS World 28 June 2013 News Update

28 June 2013 - DCS News Update

Work continues on DCS version 1.2.5. You can read the list of planned changes here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764

Kinney Interactive dropped their press release about their DCS: F-35A project this week. A Kickstarter program for this project has also started. You can read more about it from their official page here: http://www.kinneyinteractive.com/#!d...tning-ii/c1bom

As a companion to the DCS: P-51D Mustang, and further our goal to broaden the scope of DCS to include multiple eras of aviation, work has been moving forward on the DCS: Fw 190D-9. I've attached some Work In Progress (WIP) renders of the "Dora" cockpit.

Matt

1.jpg

Untitled-23.jpg

Untitled-24.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-27.jpg

So far, I'm liking the weekly communication from Matt. You know what they are doing and can keep up with progress. And yes, it's progress.

Something pulled from ED's forum are the prospective updates to the Huey.

"- Further improvements to the rotor and engine models

- Correct engine start procedure to include throttle Off and Idle positions as well as ignition trigger and Idle Release switch

- XM60 Reflex aiming sight for the right pilot

- Radar altimeter

- Chaff/flare dispensing system

- M134 minigun as door gun

- M60 door gun bullet dispersion

- Improved crew AI (initially only door gunner AI)

- Unarmed "slick" variant

- Sling load modeling

- Assault troops animation (depends on infantry modeling progress)"

Which BTW, if you do not have it, you are missing out. I was a nay-sayer at first but when it went on sale for $20, it's been the most interesting and rewarding module I've purchased from any sim.

-S