Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Avionics Upgrade for the Iris F-15E Mudhen Driver in FSX

AU_boxart.jpg

Avionics Upgrade for the Iris F-15E Mudhen Driver in FSX:

The F-15E Strike Eagle is a dual-role fighter designed to perform air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. An array of avionics and electronics systems gives the F-15E the capability to fight at low altitude, day or night, and in all weather.

This is an UPGRADE to the Iris F-15E Mudhen that will turn your outdated Iris F-15E into a brand new Metal2Mesh F-15E Mudhen 

* New Hi-Resolution Textures.
* New Custom Sounds by
MSS
* New HUD modes.
* New Avionics/DDIs
* New Navigation and UFC functions.
* Fully functional APG-70 Radar system with the AA and AG Radar modes found on the actual aircraft.
* Realistic Terrain Following Radar Display.
* New Weapon Manager and release characteristics.
* Air to Air Refueling.
* Air to Air Refueling.
* Online Manual for ease of access on multiple devices including IPad/Tablets
* Hi-Resolution Custom Paintkit for easy creation of new liveries.

Metal2Mesh also includes Customer Service and Support Forum

The price is only $15.00 and you can get it:

http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=2

That is an interesting way of doing business... defecting to the competition and then marketing a product that upgrades the former business associate's product.

Presumably, the target market is people who already have the Iris F-15E, otherwise you can't make money unless the customer buys the competition's product first.

I know Metal2Mesh migrated for sound business reasons, but this is still quite amazing when you look on the surface without the background context  :big_boss:

In the time in which no one else has released any DCS addons, one company has already released an awesome UH-1, has an Mi-8 just around the corner, and I am willing to bet an AH-1 derived from the experience with the UH-1 waiting in the wings. I have the UH-1 and will buy just about any other helo released by Belsimtek. But I am still anxiously awaiting the MiG-21bis. I hope Metal2Mesh's work is fully utilized by RAZBAM to release DCS products this decade.

Well the model belongs to Tim who worked for IRIS and then moved on to M2M. So either way the model is his if my understanding of it is correct.

Iris really dropped the ball losing M2M.

RAZBAM was already going to be a key player in the DCS lineup, but having MSM take his F-15E and bring it to RAZBAM was a hell of a coup.

I hope the 3rd parties get DCS figured out in a way that lets them match DCS:A-10C quality but crank out more than 1 plane every 3-5 years.

Tac Pack has yet to show good enough results to get my dollars to go into FSX/P3D.

I am staying solely committed to DCS where the only limits are the planeset and mapset from a combat perspective.

When you're only concerned with the plane and not the environment it's in you should have smaller development times. That said, the Mig-21 seems to have suffered some feature creep resulting in the redoing of a large part of the work. My guess is we could've had it long ago at a lower level of quality, so I only hope this wait is worth it.

$15 is not a bad price for an upgrade. Sound sets alone are going for $10+

But my question is how user friendly is it? I've seen the videos of them dropping munitions which look nice. Does the user have to remap every key in FSX to release (VRS Super Hornet) or fly? How much computer power does it pull and slow down the rest of the sim?

While on the subject, IRIS Mudhen or MILVIZ F-15E? As I understand it, they are both the same model just tweaked slightly differently. I ended up buying both as I got the IRIS during a huge sale, but liked the A/R ability of the MILVIZ jet. After the MILVIZ Beagle caused a ton of CTDs, I shelved it.

-S

Get the IRIS Mudhen and this upgrade, it is a must. I have no FPS hit, I didn't have to remap anything. It has a learning curve though but to quote Ferris Bueller, it is so choice.

Hello everyone,

I have this topic raised for a question.
How to use the bomb pointer correctly please?
Because 14 MK 82 next to the target, it's a can be annoying .... :blush:

Thanks. :)