ST0RM

CERA - Sikorsky UH-60L Black Hawk Now Available!

The UH-60 Black Hawk, developed by Sikorsky, is a utility tactical transport helicopter, is a four bladed, twin-engine, and non-retractable landing gear.

Exclusively for Flight Simulator X Acceleration.
Required Reality-XP GNS 530
(If you want GPS, you MUST have the Reality XP gauges - they mentioned on their Facebook page that they will eventually offer a variant with the default GPS). However, further checks with Cera has revealed that it will work without that GPS, but lose that function. A default GPS version with be released.

303125_550229198352830_1416826745_n.jpg

1236647_600707976638285_240687220_n.jpg

8294_604673522908397_682879688_n.jpg

Features:
Realistic flight dynamics.
Original stereo sound.
Fully clickable 3D virtual cockpit.
3D gauges.
HD quality exterior and Interior textures (2048 x 2048).
Additional animations
Wipers.
Pilot, copilot, gunner and crew chief.
Pilot’s doors.
Gunner’s windows.
Machine gun.
Engine inlet and exhaust covers.
Pitot covers.
Chocks.
Nose compartment door.
Door cargo hook
Protective armor wind
Engines cowling.
Jettison pilot’s door.
Main and tail rotors fully animate.
High detail 3D model in the interior and exterior.
Auxiliar power unit.
Navigation lights: steady and flash / dimming and bright position.
Anti-collision lights: lower, both, upper/ day and night position
Formation lights.
Landing and search lights.
Separate switch dim cabin lights.
Night vision NVG Effect (beta).
5 Liveries.
Paint kit.
NO 2D Panel Is provided

http://secure.simmarket.com/cera-sik...hawk-fsx.phtml

-Storm

A bit of an update. I purchased mine yesterday at lunch and got my download link from the FSPilotShop. Well, the installer that is hosted there is corrupted (only 12Mbs of a proper 149Mb) so I've yet to get my installer to work. And a few emails with Cera's support just said that they'd get a new installer out soon. Given that the PilotShop does not work on weekends, I'm screwed until Monday.

However, I've talked with a good friend who bought his from simmarket and got a good installer and has flown the UH-60L for a few hours. A quick look shows that it's a packet hog, so watch out in M/P. Also, if you don't hit Shift-1 and turn everything on, you'll likely get kicked from the server. But the most annoying problem so far, are CTDs linked to the file sim1.dll (as seen by event viewer). And if you sit too long on the ground, you'll get a Fatal error CTD.

So, after just a couple of days out, the UH-60L appears to be in need of more work. Hopefully Cera will get something out ASAP. Until then, I've got nothing to show for my $35.

-Storm

Ok, time for some proper details on this new helicopter. I installed it this evening and took it up for a few hours to get acquainted and write a quick review.

The Good:

First off, it's pretty. The model is amazingly detailed with open doors, hatches, windows and engine/avionics bays. The sound set is outstanding and replicates the Blackhawk's GE T7000 engines quite well. Pilot figures are animated, as well as a pair of gunners who will either man the M60s or standup and scan during landings. These functions are actuated by the Shift-1 panel. Day and night lighting is done really well with your choice of colored lights (white or blue) and selective to parts of the panel. There is NVG lighting, but we'll get to that in the next category. The FM is based off the Acceleration EH-101, but tuned to match the UH-60 within the available FSX limitations. It accelerates well and is stable. Detailed checklist and manual are included, as well as a paint kit to go with the 5 liveries provided (Brazil Air Force, Columbian Army, Federal Police, US Army and US Customs)

The Bad:

Despite having an advanced flight control system, I would have expected some rotor torque to compensate for. With my sliders at 75%, I didn't really need anything to input on my tail rotor. Instead it felt more like a rudder. It flew really straight and true. The Night Vision effect is replicated as I mentioned above, but is more like the freeware Enb series where everything in view has a green tint, instead of something from goggles. Based upon my time using and working on the NVGs, they could have reduced the effect at the sides to replicate the peripheral shading.

The Ugly:

In it's current state, the UH-60L is not compatible in FSX multiplayer. If you do not quickly hit the Shift-1 key and turn on all systems, the sim will either CTD or kick you from the server. After some research, it was found that the two effects that the installer places into the FSX Root/Effects file (FX_tchdwn_uh60.fx and fx_vcuh60.fx) will cause a CTD if you sit on the ground too long. They continue to grow and will over load the sim. This has been passed to Cera for an update.

Overall, this is a much appreciated add-on to the helo world. It's light years above the Alphasim/Virtavia Blackhawk in both modeling and FM. But you don't have all the external model choices. There are no ESSS wings with tanks, or Special Operations variants. You have an early Lima without a FLIR or MFD displays. Cera has provided an installer for those that do not have the previously mandatory Reality-XP GPS 530 and wish to use the default GPS 500. For $34, I'd say it was money well spent and I look forward to getting more time in it. Already, I've seen a few WIP repaints so the choices will only continue to grow.

-Jeff "Storm" Stoermer

Storm, I got my bird a little later than you did and it works perfect in MP. I have also cleared it as "safe for flight" on our club page. The paints are now available with most done by Matt "Jeansy" Levy. I will post the link in the MSFS board later. There are also two paints at SOH that deal with just the aircrew's flight helmets. I agree with all of your statements of the 60 with the exception of the M/P issues. Through some of Cera Sims replies to a couple of my FB posts there may, and that is a big MAY, there may be some later versions of the 60 later down the road, I particulary mentioned the Hotel and Romeo varients as everyone knows  my time with the 60 was spent on the Hotel model. I also agree that the ESSS pylons should be incorperated into this and any other model that uses them at some later date. 

Storm, I got my bird a little later than you did and it works perfect in MP. I have also cleared it as "safe for flight" on our club page. The paints are now available with most done by Matt "Jeansy" Levy. I will post the link in the MSFS board later. There are also two paints at SOH that deal with just the aircrew's flight helmets. I agree with all of your statements of the 60 with the exception of the M/P issues. Through some of Cera Sims replies to a couple of my FB posts there may, and that is a big MAY, there may be some later versions of the 60 later down the road, I particulary mentioned the Hotel and Romeo varients as everyone knows  my time with the 60 was spent on the Hotel model. I also agree that the ESSS pylons should be incorperated into this and any other model that uses them at some later date. 

Curious though, have you had two players flying the UH-60L in the same server? That is where I've narrowed down the problems. Seems that having two of the model in a server with the effects going will cause the packet load to rapidly build and cause a kick from the server, or CTD.

I inquired to Cera two weeks ago again, and they still haven't come up with a fix or explanation.

-Jeff

I'll put that problem on their Face Book page, that seems to have the quickest responce time with any publisher these days. I will also ask Phineas to raise the packect threshold on the server and see if that solves the problem. It is a great bird and it would be a shame to be unable to use it in MP.

I'll put that problem on their Face Book page, that seems to have the quickest responce time with any publisher these days. I will also ask Phineas to raise the packect threshold on the server and see if that solves the problem. It is a great bird and it would be a shame to be unable to use it in MP.

Honestly, I haven't flown on the MFC server in nearly 3+ months so don't worry about asking Pops for the raise. That's not the problem. My findings were with another server I've been active with. We did bring up the packet level and had the same result. The effects simply build and overload the server and sim. The workaround has been to remove the effects or only limiting the Cera helo to one player and the others use the Virtavia. Shame.

Sadly, nearly 2 months after release, Cera Sim has yet to deliver a fix for the UH-60L's M/P issues we've presented to them. No word from them via email.

-S