dtmdragon

One for the Falcon 4.0 guys

I feel like a break from strike fighters 2 and was wondering how Falcon 4.0 compares? I know the realism is far more advanced but what about graphics etc? The only other flight Sims I've played for years are Microsoft flight sim x and Jane's F-15/18 before I got a new pc

The latest Falcon 4.0 mod is BMS 4.32 which is DX9 so think SF1 potential - has realistic lighting effects and variable weather 

Although im sure this may improve over the years - you can use 2048 x 2048 textures currently which is pretty good - but like SF you still need the people to create the skins and terrains etc

If you are prepared to do a bit of modding then you will get better looking graphics like in SF - (but yes its far harder to add the mods)

Advise TrackIR or similar and HOTAS if you have one

Default pit (3D 6DOF clickable)

2013-08-20_135325.jpg

Janhas F-16C B52+ over Tomkatz Korea tiles 

2013-10-09_224948.jpg

MiG-23MF mod over mod korea tiles

2013-08-25_220946.jpg

3D trees (JanHas)

2013-08-21_213941.jpg

Default view of JHMCS and KC-10

2013-08-18_004218.jpg

Edited by MigBuster

Cheers MigBuster, Looks worthwhile from your screenshots. How does the realism and level of complexity compare to Jane’s F-15 and F/A-18?

Never played them.

I would compare F-16 BMS to DCS A-10C for avionics - install it and you will see what I mean - BMS doesn't go as deep as A-10C which after all is pretty much the USAF ANG sim but it goes deep.

The BMS flight model and FLCS is the exact NASA one - took ~8 years to develop apparently - basically I would be surprised if this wasnt the most accurate F-16 sim on the planet - can see why DCS are avoiding the F-16 if they have to match this.

Taking off I almost feel sick - you get all the turbulence when you go past clouds - this is the real deal.

• Like 1

Cheers MigBuster, Looks worthwhile from your screenshots. How does the realism and level of complexity compare to Jane’s F-15 and F/A-18?

It's quite a bit steeper. If you have a few minutes, youtube BMS tutorials and you can watch any one you like to see if it's more than you want to bite off.

Migbuster, that's a 135 not a KC-10. Those trees and tiles look great!

Yeah, each gen of tanker loses an engine. From the 4-engined 135s they went to 3-engined KC-10s. Now we'll have 2-engined KC-46s.

In 50 years there will be a single engined tanker. In 100 years we'll have glider tankers.

From the outside, certainly.

As a passenger, though, I hate the DC-9!! Oh, and pretty much any plane that seats under 100.

Ok guys, thanks for the replies, I’ve decided to give Falcon 4.0 a go. Where do I get the BMS mod from? Is there any other mods/ patches I should get to start with as well? Also are there any OEF or OIF campaigns’? And finally does it work on windows vista?

Cheers guys

Edited by dtmdragon

Works on Vista - download at Benchmark sims forums

havnt seen any zero A-A campaign mods

Edited by MigBuster

Cheers. They dont seem to sell a direct download version so I have to wait for a hard copy from the states

OH NO! I got Falcon 4.0 Allied Force and only just realised you have to have the earlier Falcon 4.0 for BMS! I guess that is why the earlier game is a whole lot more expensive than the later Allied Force on ebay and Amazon