• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 33LIMA

33LIMA
  • EDITOR
  • British Army
  • 2,043 Posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:37:54 AM

My PC is pretty old, Vista 64 with a 2.33 GHz core 2 quad, 6 GB of RAM but slow, and a 1Gb 250 GTS (basically a tweak of the 512Mb 8800GT it replaced).

I suppose you already tried updating your graphics drivers and maybe creating and tweaking a profile for CFS3, like turning off triple buffering, if it's on. Maybe also worth posting over at Sim Outhouse's CFS3 forum, if anybody can help it'll be somebody over there. I had a look but could not find a report of a similar problem but somebody over there may have an answer. Worth trying, CFS3 looks soo much better with the latest DX9 mod.

Shot07-21-16-22-21-27.jpg

Shot07-22-16-22-38-10.jpg

Shot08-03-16-22-36-14.jpg

Especially as regards processor, my PC is at the bottom end of the specs for WoFF but runs it fine (possibly not in busy late-war skies but I rarely go there). And I am able to use fairly high graphics settings.

Shot08-02-16-22-50-12.jpg

Definitely worth a try if your PC is no worse than mine! For Single Player, I find WoFF is much better than RoF, even tho the latter is free with the D.V and SPAD XIII. The WoFF graphics I think are as good on balance, and the campaign is much better. Even with PWCG, in RoF I hate it that other flights can be nearby but effectively invisible, and the WoFF AI is much better than RoF. If your PC can handle RoF it could probably handle WoFF - that was my experience, anyway.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!

'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892

#22 thedogfighter

thedogfighter
  • 27 Posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:50:40 AM

My system is a Core  2 Duo 2.6 GHZ processor and my nvidea is 512 ram video card. I´m using only 3 Gb of ram as my Vista ultimate is  32 bit architecture. Anyway the machine works perfectly it´s fairly new ands  runs smoothly all of my games at highest settings. Anyway to play the newest titles like Il2 BoStalingrad i´m gonna need a new  one. Besides Vista support ends April 2017...

I´ll check sim out  House and see ifi find the answer there.

Regards! :biggrin:

#23 jeanba

jeanba
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,452 Posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:34:39 AM

Definitely worth a try if your PC is no worse than mine! For Single Player, I find WoFF is much better than RoF, even tho the latter is free with the D.V and SPAD XIII. The WoFF graphics I think are as good on balance, and the campaign is much better. Even with PWCG, in RoF I hate it that other flights can be nearby but effectively invisible, and the WoFF AI is much better than RoF. If your PC can handle RoF it could probably handle WoFF - that was my experience, anyway.

I much prefer RoF : the graphics are much better and the flying sensations too (which is most important)

Once modded, the AI is acceptable

We have true arty spotting and reconnaissance missions, which is very important for wwI

And also, the Breguet 14 is my favorite plane, so it helps.

#24 33LIMA

33LIMA
  • EDITOR
  • British Army
  • 2,043 Posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:19:43 PM

I much prefer RoF : the graphics are much better and the flying sensations too (which is most important)

Once modded, the AI is acceptable

We have true arty spotting and reconnaissance missions, which is very important for wwI

And also, the Breguet 14 is my favorite plane, so it helps.

What AI mods are you using for Rise of Flight? I have Criquet's AI mods for scouts and 2-seaters enabled.

I just tried another PWCG mission (version 14 is the last one I installed), flying for Jasta 2 in April 1917 and it wasn't as bad as I remembered.

Distant aircraft visibility is still awful. But at least flak seems to be a slightly better target indicator than it used to be, though not as good as in First Eagles. For example, 'Archie' showed me the way to these two FE2bs...

2016_8_27__18_14_36.jpg

...but it totally ignored this bigger formation of Sopwith Strutters a short time later, in the same general area...

2016_8_27__18_19_1.jpg

This also happens far too often...I got an RE8 ( a single machine, which was good, but he was I think too low to have been doing anything much, which if so, was not so good)...

2016_8_27__18_12_19.jpg

And three of the Strutters. And they all shed their wings in this fashion...

2016_8_27__18_21_58.jpg

And I expect that Albatrosses still lose all their interpane rigging at the same time, like this one, in a different mission...

2013_5_18__20_45_35.jpg

On the plus side, at 'Medium' PWCG air activity settings, there seems to be a little more going on in the skies than I remembered. And it is possible to spot some of it without resorting to on-screen aids. Others are still too hard to see, though, they might as well have a Cloak of Invisibility.

Still, the 2-seater observers are no longer as deadly which I assume is Criquet's mod in action. This one kept shooting at me all the way down, helped by his pilot taking the edge off the roll to the right after I shot his starboard wings off.

2016_8_27__18_26_10.jpg

There's still too much of a scatter in the planeset, though, the lack of a BE2c or 2e and a French 2-seater prior to the Strutter being the main gaps. As far as flight models are concerned, I'm not sure about some aspects of WoFF's but in RoF, I find the considerable tail heaviness wildly overdone, and the general tendency to wander all over the sky unless kept on a tight rein, likewise too much.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!

'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cfs3, eto expansion, armée de lair, curtis 75, curtis hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests