Check Six

"Old" newbie - first time in WOFF

Hi guys,

Check Six here. Long term (?) OFF: BH&H user, new to WOFF). I haven't done much flying for some time (other stupid things interrupted me (real life included), but I recently purchased and received WOFF by mail (DVD format).

I had recently upgraded to a new gaming PC (my ninja stealth beast is awesome, as it should be for the price - AUS$3200 without peripherals) and despite the fact I had WOFF DVD sitting on my desk, I didn't install it until I got my beast up and running.

I went for my first mission yesterday, and thought I'd best go back to training, as it had been a while, I couldn't remember many key bindings (and had since taken down my copy from the wall). I had also just reconnected all my joystick and rudder and TrackIR, and was not sure if they were working or not. So, old Capt Triggers took me up in the BE2, and I was a bit disappointed that I could not take the controls, because that was one of the reasons I was on this training mission. However, the scenery was beautiful, running seamlessly with no problems on maximum settings. My TrackIR worked just fine.

We landed, and I could not exit the aircraft. I tried every key and every combination to no avail. The ONLY thing that worked was my last resort - Ctrl+Alt+Del to the Task Manager to close the sim. Eventually I got to a screen telling me my flight was complete (it was complete 5 minutes ago!).

I have since chased up a key binding chart that tells me perhaps I should try Escape then Enter. I'll have a go at that tonight.

I loaded up Microsoft Flight Simulator X and tested my TrackIR again, and this time to see if my joystick and rudder pedals worked. Joystick yes, pedals no. At least I have the twisty joystick control in the meantime until I wrangle my pedals into life.

My new Specs you ask? I'll BRAG about them now, but someone will laugh at me in a few weeks time telling me it's obsolete.

Intel i7 4770 3.4 GHz/3.9 GHz CPU

Intel DH87MC ATX Motherboard

16GB RAM 480 GB Solid State drive, 2TB Hard drive

Gigabyte NVIDIA 3 GB GTX780 PCI Express Card

Creative SoundBlaster Recon 32 PCI Express

BENQ XL2420Z monitor

Saitek X-52 Joystick, Saitek Pro rudder pedals

Logitech G35 Gaming Headset

Logitech G-19 Gaming Keyboard

Logitech GX9 Gaming Mouse

Check Six (Steve)

Edited by Check Six

I have just loaded up WOFF after some time since I flew OFF:BHaH and am having some trouble. I hope some kind soul can assist me.

The first problem I'm having is how to end the mission. I did the right thing and enlisted early on in the war (as Sgt Test Pilot). I was ordered to go on a training mission. Sadly, I could not fly the BE2c, just observe how Capt Triggers flew it. We had an uneventful (yet stunningly beautiful) mission and landed safely. But I could not exit the aircraft or go to Ops room for a de-brief. No key worked. I pressed EVERY single key on the Keyboard. Drastic measures were needed, and I started to press every key combination I could think of.

I resigned to the fact that I was stuck, and in desperation, I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to enter Task Manager to close WOFF. When I selected WOFF and clicked "End Task", it somehow didn't kick me out, but took me to the "Done" screen. I was relieved, but confused.

This has plagued me ever since. I have checked out a OFF Key Bindings card that some very nice person made up and made available for his comrades (thank you!!). I suggests I press ESCAPE then ENTER. Stupid me! Ok, thanks. Next mission, I waited until I landed, and pressed ESCAPE (the game pauses) then ENTER. It did nothing. Hmmm...perhaps it meant Keypad ENTER. Tried that, then with Num Lock on...Nothing. Sitting on the aerodrome looking stupid! It seems as if a menu is supposed to appear in the top right of the screen, but this doesn't seem to be happening.

Please help me end a mission properly.

I also would like help with a Virtual cockpit. I can mess around with some views, and eventually get in a virtual cockpit, but my aircraft is invisible (great for scanning the skies for enemy or friends, but not for flying). The Key Bindings card suggests it isn't mapped, and I need to work it out myself. Can someone tell me how? I can Map this key or combination of keys to my joystick, or programmable mouse, or programmable keyboard macro, but first of all I need to know HOW to achieve a virtual cockpit (what buttons need to be pressed).

Any help is gratefully received.

Steve (c/s Check Six)

Edited by Check Six

Hi Check Six .Good to see you back.

To end mission hit Cntrl+Q then Enter.

Virtual Cockpit is F4.Several views by repeated hits on F4.

WOFF Default Key Guide is available on WOFF site.

Cheers.