Sign in to follow this  
von Baur

TrackIR 5 software issue

I say "software" because I'm still using my original TIR3 Pro camera and Vector clip. It's worked fine so far, but I'm having a problem now that I've had to switch to the TIR5 drivers for WOFF.

The issue is:

Previous drivers would always keep my ingame head's attitude as the reference for any subsequent movements whereas the TIR5 software seems to use the aircraft as its reference regardless where I'm looking. So if I'm looking to my left and want to look over the side of the aircraft I used to lean foward (as I would if I were looking out the window of my car). But now that simply moves my view toward the nose of the aircraft. To lean my view over the  side I have to move my head to the left, which would be like leaning back into the seat in real life. Likewise, when looking to the right rear the software used to compensate for that and reverse the direction of any lean. That is, if I then wanted to lean to the aircraft's right I would lean my head to its left (since they're reversed) and be looking down the right side of the fuselage. Since upgrading (?) to the TIR5 software this results in moving my view across the aircraft to its left side.

This situation has made playing any Track IR-enhanced game much less enjoyable (since it's a TIR5 problem), to the point that I rarely do any longer. I have the latest drivers and I've posted this on their forum, as had someone else before, without succcess. I was hoping someone here might have a solution. Or is this possibly because I'm using old hardware with new software and it doesn't happen if the player is using the TIR 5 camera and clip. I really don't want to have to spend another $150-$200 to start enjoying WOFF.

Since some game developers did not provide the option in their game settings for TrackIR, I think the later software includes a checkbox that determines the behavior. Maybe try the "Trueview" checkbox on the profile you are using for a given game?

That was it, streakeagle, thanx. I remember looking at it and wondering what it did. I feel like a right dumbass.

Not a dumbass, just an unexpected change from one software version to the next.

I encountered the problem myself some time ago and as stubborn as I am, I bang my head against a wall quite some time before I go searching for help.

I just happened to stumble onto the solution and vaguely remembered it well enough to convey my lesson to you.

Glad I could help.

:salute: