After adding SWUS to my SF2NA a while ago, I enjoyed playing my SF2V and NA (July 2012) until today... Admittedly I did not check back here all too often...

Now I see an update for SWUS and the Top Gun-missions pack rolled out - and am thrilled. Downlowded both right away...

In the Top Gun readme I see it requires the game running on July 2013! :yikes:Hum, what is to be expected if I mod my  July 2012-game(s) with this???

Anyhow THANKS for working on this and rolling it (and SWUS) out after so long!!! :good:

• Like 1

Okay, after checking out and saving what was already there (in my current SF2NA July 2012 - less the DLC A-4 and F-4N), I installed Top Gun and TG 1.1...

Looks like everting/the campaign works well on 2012, too! :biggrin:

Some very quick testing showed the only missing is engine sounds of the F-4N STORM... Maybe someone of you can direct me how to add that quickly, before I have figured it out myself... :wink: ...edit: okay - pretty straight forward; just copied the relevant sound-entries from another F-4_DATA.INI into the F-4N_Storm_DATA.INI... Now I only feel the sound in the Storm is not as loud as in the other aircraft… Any hint, where that can be tweaked? 

And can you maybe also give me a hint how I can get the cool TG Navy-A-4 camo to the A-4s in the "Dogfight"-Scenario? Currently they do carry the "stock" red stars... Doh - please ignore - simply choosing the Super Echo as Agressor does the trick........

Edited by stingray77
solutions found - partly at least

Any solution to this: from the cockpit of the F-4N_Storm I see part of the ECM antennae on top of both intakes (plus a lot more of wings and Sidewinders).

I already checked and compared the pilot seat position and find all entries identical to the (i.e.) F-4B_67 entry in SF2V... ???

img00003.JPG

Anything past the April/May 2012 patches of SF2 is very trivial. These two lines are the only ones that mean anything to me:

Jul 2012:  Fixed Mission Editor not saving out fleets with two or more carriers * I like this *

Jun 2012:  Damage from player missiles has been increased (in comparison to AI launched missiles). * don't like this *

What you see in the cockpit is part of the external model. I don't know by hand of there is any trick to remove that node in just the cockpit view. I remember a similar annoyance with the refueling probe of the A-6 intruder. * checking now.. * No, I never solved that one.

Edited by gerwin

Thanks, gerwin, I recall that "glitch", too...

What's interesting, though, is the Storm's different perspective showing more of the wing and Sidewinders if you compare to below same 8-o'clock-view out of a F-4B_67 (SF2V)...

I was therefore thinking of some difference in the pilot's position, which does not seem to be the case... !?!?

img00003.thumb.JPG.4735c1c371c34e7e2e5b6bbed7843c9f.JPG

1 hour ago, stingray77 said:

Thanks, gerwin, I recall that "glitch", too...

What's interesting, though, is the Storm's different perspective showing more of the wing and Sidewinders if you compare to below same 8-o'clock-view out of a F-4B_67 (SF2V)...

I was therefore thinking of some difference in the pilot's position, which does not seem to be the case... !?!?

This subject in general is rather mysterious.

Since I just checked several STOCK variants of the F-4 Phantom II, looking at the extreme left in the cockpit. See image.

My preliminary suspicion is that there is some tag in the model files to exclude nodes from the cockpit view. Which was only properly set with the older models.

F-4_cockpit_views.jpg

2 hours ago, gerwin said:

This subject in general is rather mysterious.

Since I just checked several STOCK variants of the F-4 Phantom II, looking at the extreme left in the cockpit. See image.

My preliminary suspicion is that there is some tag in the model files to exclude nodes from the cockpit view. Which was only properly set with the older models.

I think it's not that mysterious. 

Check the [Fuselage] section in the aircraft's data.ini. Look for the 'ShowFromCockpit=' line there. Gen1 Phantoms have it set to FALSE. If you change it to TRUE, the intakes will show up.

Thanks, Blade! :good:

There's still a little gap between the intake and the antenna (see below), but this looks WAY better than before... :biggrin:

The different perspective compared to other F-4s (i.e. the F-4B_67) is strange, though.........

img00005.JPG