F-86F Sabre on July

Press Release

DCS: F-86F SABRE TAKING OFF IN JULY 2014

DUXFORD, UK, May 29th, 2014 –The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics in cooperation with Belsimtek to release DCS: F-86F Sabre as a digital download in July 2014 

The North American F-86F Sabre was the most capable western fighter of the early- to mid-1950s. This swept wing, single engine jet was the most important western aircraft of the Korean War and often tangled with Russian-made MiG-15s over the infamous “MiG Alley”. It was a hard struggle not only for the Korean sky, but also between two excellent aircraft builders of the East and West. In addition to its primary role as an air-to-air fighter, the Sabre could also carry bombs and air-to-ground rockets to attack ground targets.

The Belsimtek simulation of the Sabre is by far the most authentic recreation of this famous warbird to date. Feel what is to fly the Sabre with a professional level flight model, an interactive cockpit, fully functional weapons, a detailed damage model and a richly detailed aircraft. Experience the strengths and weaknesses of the Sabre in combat and find out why seasoned fighter pilots often look back at the Sabre as the most enjoyable aircraft they ever flew.

As part of DCS World, fly the F-86F Sabre in a fully realized combat environment with working weapon systems and capable air and ground threats. 

Teaser video:

Key Features of the DCS: F-86F Sabre:

Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend
Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit
Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
Fully modelled weapon system
Accurate F-86F Sabre model, squadron markings, and weapons.
Detailed modelling of the F-86F Sabre instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems
Battle the MiG-15, the Sabre’s nemesis over Korea.

ABOUT DCS WORLD

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield, focusing on military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE TF-51D and an Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in 2014. 

Additionally, DCS World includes: 

Powerful mission and campaign editors 
Multiplayer 
Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons 
Advanced AI 
Fast mission generator 
Dynamic weather and seasons 
Training missions 
Mission replay system 
Pilot log book

This exceptionally detailed and realistic world simulation engine guarantees an engaging, real-world combat experience in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of aircraft and ground vehicles. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more casual play styles to suit the player. 

Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com

About The Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

About Belsimtek

Belsimtek is an engineering and innovations company based in Belarus that employs top scientific and engineering talent from Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine to develop professional flight simulators and PC based flight simulation games. For more information, visit our website: http://www.belsimtek.com/

1956952_10154247519465341_62986540468055
10295122_10154247519540341_5163769774589
1891516_10154247519530341_46879151146703
10284978_10154247519490341_6894482604432
10344191_10154247519480341_5057107736775
1496459_10154247519505341_71873887376154
  • Like 1

Looks nice!

I wish I had enough time to spend on DCS/FC3 to justify buying more modules.

I can't wait! It will be torture trying to decide whether to fly the F-86 or MiG-21 and also trying to stay proficient on the P-51D, F-15C, UH-1H, and Mi-8. Of all of them, the Mi-8 is the most challenging just transitioning into a hover before landing. I think I have almost got the landings down on the P-51D despite the difficulty of trying to do a soft-touch three-point landing with a tail-dragger.

Edited by streakeagle

Suddenly my Sabre feels so....  "Inadequate".

I wonder if poly-envy is a treatable malady?  :crazy:

Well, until there is an appropriate enviroment to fly it in...

FC

Suddenly my Sabre feels so....  "Inadequate".

I wonder if poly-envy is a treatable malady?  :crazy:

Your Sabres still look and work great in  SF2. Nothing to feel inadequate about. One reason I feel TK never ventured into releasing a Wings Over Korea game is how well the free mod was done, and aside from the terrain, it was clearly centered on your F-86 variants.

• Like 1

a must have! esp for that time period without advanced avionics

FC

^ This.

FC

Why not Hunting S300 with unguided rockets ?

I am not sure which aircraft I am looking forward to flying more: the MiG-21bis or the F-86F. I am going to love both.

The DCS F-86F appears to be the "hard wing" -- no slats. Great on paper, but slats eventually came back for a number of reasons.

While looking for "hard wing" vs "soft wing" for the F-86F, I found this very cool write-up:

http://sabre-pilots.org/classics/v21gunnery.htm

Lots of good info, but I liked this:

The '86s we had at Willie were a mix of hard and soft wing (with slats) aircraft. I got more air-to-air hits with the soft wing birds. The hard wing '86s were supposedly faster, but they were more difficult to hold on a target in the classic 4g pursuit curve and therefore less accurate.

I have the F-86F flight manual. It is very clear on the issue of slats vs unslatted: slats lower the stall speed vs weight/altitude graph curves by 15 knots across the board AND more importantly, unslatted aircraft are not as friendly at high AoA: turbulence, yaw, roll, depart with little warning. Hopefully, the DCS:F-86F models high AoA behavior accurately as I want the challenge of the hard wing if that's what they are providing. Of course, I would love to see more F-86 variants from the F-86A to the various blocks of F-86F. But I will take what I can get.

Yes, a very handsome bundle of sticks. I will gladly watch it flame...

• Like 1

Anyone know the pre-purchase price?

It's out now.

It has been on my hard drive since around 6:00 PM EST.

Downloaded 1.2.9 pretty fast, too!

Sheer pleasure flying this plane.

Yeah it has been fun so far. Just trying to set up my controls like SF so I can fly better. 

F-86F.png

F-86F new trailer (F-86 has release, available to purchase)

F-86F-35 Sabre by Furia (Belsimtek)

Start Up

Take off and landing

LABS system video