russouk2004

9 yr old kid shoots instructor with uzi..

Even I am shaking my head at this one. What made them think a 9 yr old could handle a fully automatic UZI? My 10 year old girls shoot but not unless I am actually helping them hold the rifle. But this, this is stupid. It happened before a few years ago too. What makes people think a little kid can handle this kind of recoil? Sorry but this is dumb dumb dumb dumb. 

No charges to be filed

The investigation into the shooting has been completed and no charges were pending, according to the sheriff's department.

Authorities said the death was being handled as an industrial accident, with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigating. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also was notified.

An autopsy on Vacca was completed but the cause and manner of death were pending, according to Colleen Pitre, a representative of the medical examiner's officer. She would not say how many times Vacca was shot.

It wasn't the first fatal accident involving a child and an Uzi. In 2008, an 8-year-old boy in Massachusetts accidentally shot himself with a micro Uzi during a gun show.

I think the parents are irresponsible ...allowing a 9 yr old to fire an uzi?...ffs its ludicrous...they dont deserve kids...

10 yr olds is ok tho....just seen daves post lmao... ok dave m8  :) he he

Edited by russouk2004

My guns arent fully automatic and I would not let my twins fire a fully automatic one if I had one. 

What for hell someone need a Uzi at home. For self defence? Why not take a Sherman or a Bradley? Stupid.

Makes you wonder how some people made it out of the Stone Age.

Edited by RAVEN

I saw the comment that in learning situations they usually load them with only 3 rounds so it can't go spraying all over the place. Seems like the instructor made several fatal mistakes (too many rounds, standing in the wrong place) that have baffled many professional instructors as rookie mistakes.

It was poor judgment all around. 

For crying out loud,  a 9 year old?  That's the age where start them off by teaching them proper firearm safety with nothing more potent than a single-shot .22 rifle, that you otherwise keep locked up out of their reach.

• Like 1

Why anyone would want to go within 100 miles of an UZI is beyond me

• Like 1

What is beyond me is the fact that children are taught to use firearms; I don't care if it's an automatic UZI or a pistol. Weapons are meant to kill, they aren't toys, and a child is not able to fully understand this.

What is beyond me is the fact that children are taught to use firearms; I don't care if it's an automatic UZI or a pistol. Weapons are meant to kill, they aren't toys, and a child is not able to fully understand this.

My children are fully aware that my guns are not toys. They know how to handle them safely too. They never handle one without an adult around. Mainly my wife and I who have been trained to use them. We like to target shoot. We do not kill anything with them. Not even an animal. So your statement is ignorant at best.

Why anyone would want to go within 100 miles of an UZI is beyond me

Because some people are authorized to handle them. It's a hobby like some people jump out of planes for fun. Some people shoot for fun or competition or both. Now in this case as I stated, this was stupid. It was beyond stupid. Hell I would never own an Uzi for that matter. Now a BAR..... :minigun:

• Like 1

My children are fully aware that my guns are not toys. They know how to handle them safely too. They never handle one without an adult around. Mainly my wife and I who have been trained to use them. We like to target shoot. We do not kill anything with them. Not even an animal. So your statement is ignorant at best.

Dave, first I want to say that I feel very sorry if I hurt your feelings. However I don't want to say that I feel insulted, but at least next time say that I have a different point of view, not that I'm ignorant. Your children know such difference because you taught them and trained them, and the fact that you've been in the military it's exactly a plus for a better understanding of what risks there are when using a firearm. BTW in my precedent post I was speaking generally and not referring to your post (that's my mistake, I admit it, sometimes I forget to make the necessary distinctions).

In my opinion I do think that it's better if children stay away from weapons for as long as possible, then when they are becoming mature they make their choice. Weapons are dangerous if/when loaded with live rounds, so even when one shoots in a range something can go wrong due to a series of variables. When I said that weapons are meant to kill, I meant (my English is repetitive and sucks, I know, thanks to Italy) that firearms have no brain in themselves, the brain is from the users, so it's all subjective. It's just my POV, you all can agree or disagree.

My sincerely apologies to Dave.

You didn't hurt my feelings. Not at all. As for children staying away for as long ass possible. I disagree and here's why. All to often we hear on the news that a 6 or 7 year old shot his little sister or brother with a gun they found in their parents house. The kids need it ingrained in their head that guns are dangerous and not toys. I fired my first gun when I was 7, and that wasnt until my father shot a potato on the ground showing me what a gun will do if you are not safe. I never forgot it. My father kept them locked up and we even knew what to do if we found a gun laying on the floor. Far too often parents do not teach their children about gun safety and try to hide it in the house thinking a child will not find it. Well you know you can't hide crap from kids. I am willing to bet though if the parents had taught their kids and secured them properly there would be a lot less incidents.

• Like 2

"The difference between owning a weapon and being armed is training"

• Like 1

You got that right, Dave. I forgot that are such incidents, and training surely helps avoid them. BTW good quote, it's yours right?

Edited by blaze95

With all the useless "mandatory" crap in public schools, you would think some basic firearm safety should be taught.

Trying to shield children from their existence is stupid.

Perhaps in elementary school it can be a classroom-only lesson, like looking both ways before you cross the street (because they don't take the kids out to the street to practice that, either).

In middle school, a field trip to a gun range where they can see a demo of how to handle and what damage a gun can do.

Then in high school repeat the trip and actually have them hold a real unloaded gun. No firing necessary if parents are squeamish, but if they desire it the child can fire a round from a .22 rifle or something to really understand.

Of course, this will fall afoul of the same reasoning the "teaching kids about safe sex is telling them to have sex" people use and people will claim we're teaching children to be killers. :baby:

• Like 1