Firefighting version in future? :big_boss:

Firefighter? Is firefighting possible in this simm? Should be awesome!

• Like 2

Don't forget the US postal service but i would think this is a what-if as they dont have a fleet of them. 

hmmm...only thing is....3ds max 2013 model...but can be exported as fbx file...if you want this dels...let me know,will find the creators name for credit...if you use it. made by.....Jason Ohonowskyj

Thanks for the offer russo, but I think I will stick with my model. The skin on that looks good but I think the model is lower on polys. Besides, I use 3ds max 7 and haven't had much luck with models made in later versions (.fbx or not).

Dels

Acesfakia,

From my quick research, the C-130H2 and C-130B models will suit for the Hellenic Air Force Hercs so you will be able to release the skins as a package after I've released the templates.

As for the cockpit...

Once the package for the aircraft is finally complete and released I will be going back to upgrade the C-130J cockpit. This will be released separately later.

Once that is done, depending on my workload at that time, I may consider building a 1960's era cockpit for use in the early C-130s. I don't make any promises as cockpits (especially ones with lots of instruments) are a PITA to build and I will need a lot of motivation to do it.

Dels

Amen to that. 

Any news on this project?

Easy there trigger...it has only been a week.

FC

and two weeks automatically resets anytime anyone asks about progress! :biggrin:

Damn straight! :)

FC

• Like 1

News? Yes: I'm working.

I will upload some more progress pics soon.

Dels

Hey Dels, a request....... make the tanks a part of the A/C model so the skins for the tanks are in with the aircraft skin folder.

Is the only reason i released the pack i made as i did, so different years used different tanks. Plus they are there most of time anyhow

Still looking forward to it. All my work halts when you release the templates

Hey Dels, a request....... make the tanks a part of the A/C model so the skins for the tanks are in with the aircraft skin folder.

Is the only reason i released the pack i made as i did, so different years used different tanks. Plus they are there most of time anyhow

Still looking forward to it. All my work halts when you release the templates

Already done. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Dels

Hi Dels, here's a bit of (hopefully) new info for you, the RAF C-130J-30's are slowly going to be fitted with external tanks over the next few years.

Hi Dels, here's a bit of (hopefully) new info for you, the RAF C-130J-30's are slowly going to be fitted with external tanks over the next few years.

What a shame...all that extra drag 100% of the time for the 5-10% of missions where you need it.

Oh well, all my C-130's will have the ability to load external tanks so that should cover the RAF J's in the future.

Dels

G'Day again,

Here's another update. The modelling is pretty much finished so I will be moving on to re-painting now. Hopefully it won't drag on. The full detail LOD weighs in at just under 25000 polys so you should be able to drop an entire battalion in formation without the game becoming a slide show.

In the meantime, here's some more comparison shots:

Rear Fuselage:

post-2240-0-11135000-1419280138_thumb.jpg

Nose:

post-2240-0-47434900-1419280134_thumb.jpg

Landing Gear Pod:

post-2240-0-68898900-1419280130_thumb.jpg

Cargo compartment:

post-2240-0-56462700-1419280125_thumb.jpg

Flight Deck:

post-2240-0-13040700-1419280128_thumb.jpg

Main Landing Gear (rear wheel removed to show detail):

post-2240-0-61246400-1419280132_thumb.jpg

Nose Landing Gear:

post-2240-0-09171800-1419280136_thumb.jpg

Dels

post-2240-0-56462700-1419280125_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-13040700-1419280128_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-68898900-1419280130_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-61246400-1419280132_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-47434900-1419280134_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-09171800-1419280136_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-11135000-1419280138_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Two weeks!

If only it were two weeks...

Sorry it's been a while but I have been snowed under recently. The good news is that I am making steady progress. So what's new?

The model is now 100% complete,

I have made the basic templates for 3 of the 5 main skins, and

I have finished all the skins for the extra items (fuel tanks, add on sensors, AC-130 additions).

Can't give you an eta, but I will upload some screen shots once the first skin (RAAF C-130J-30) is completely finished.

Dels

• Like 3

Oh mr. Dels... Do not worry, real life is more important. Best of all is to know that the project did not stop. ^^

I appreciate the quick response, take your time.

Thanks.

Guys. We have already great C-130 from Dels. For years. Of course it would be great to have new one. But old one is good. And still it is fantastic that he is working on new model. So no rush.

On the other hand. How many of you are realy flying those big fat planes in game? It is nice to have it in game but it's sad that they are 'useless'. Are you collecting all those planes for having it or also for flying ?

We realy need transport sorties, aerial early warning, combat sar, refuel (as tanker also)...

of Course I am also unpatient. So...Any chance on HC version ?

• Like 1

All the versions I'm building are listed earlier in this topic. I will be building the MC-130J which is externally identical to the HC-130J.

I am not planning to build the HC-130P/N however I will build the KC-130T which would be externally similar unless you wanted the Fulton recovery system or the beacon tracking (dorsal) radome.

Dels

• Like 1

Flying missions with the Fulton recovery system would be a hoot.

CL

• Like 1