Just as teh title says. evening 2 Sep 14,  esp weird was the messages left on the site  one stating

Well this just sucks. I went to the place it normally is and it wasn't there. MySQL answered, "Nobody is home, try again later." Because I'm nice I saved the report above. Please contact someone and hurry people are getting impatient.

and the other saying

"Hello it's Marvin the MySQL database. If you are seeing this page I've finally lost it. I no longer can add two plus two and come up with five, that's close right? I wrote down a few things above and it's possible something is messed up with stuff. When hitchhiking the universe, don't forget your towel. "

those are what makes me wonder what happened

Now I'm wondering about things on your end ... j/k.

I didn't get a report about what happened just that for some reason I couldn't connect to this slice of heaven... it was  a very disturbing feeling. However I did picture Eric freaking out and trying to solve the problem ... and then when the usual didn't work he pulled a rambo.

Can you imagine Eric pulling a rambo? I'm assuming there is this guy with a red hand band, running around with a huge gun demanding that the guardians of the internet release CombatACE from the pit of digital doom.

Seriously I am wondering if something happened with the company managing the server as they just moved and things probably got messed up.

I got on it as soon as the server notified me. Apache crashed which corrupted a sessions table in the db. More than likely a packet flood to Apache or DDOS. Joys of online life.  

Ah. Here I was thinking DDOS season was over with.

Must have been collateral damage from the fappening, damn narcissistic celebs and pervy hackers

I'm not going to lie. That thought did cross my mind too.

I am trying to download the 'Black Sea Crisis' campaign and it is downloading at an extremely slow rate? Has the download speed been 'throttled back' severely on the web site? The 4 of 4 portions is what I've started with and is downloading at 231 KB a second transfer rate right now...............Has the band-with changed?

Edited by NIELS

Your account type is unlimited. There are no restrictions for your downloads. The Mirror speeds will always be slow it's just an offsite server that stores our backups. Make sure you're downloading from our main files repository by using the "Download from Server" button. I just tested the speeds to where I am and I'm downloading at about 900Mbits per second so there's no way you should be getting 260K. Please check that you're using the main server and let me know. Otherwise there's net congestion or possibly congestion on your ISP side. Everything on our end looks great for speed and latency to the test locations I used. Sorry you're having an issue but it's not normal.

E

Thanks Erik - Its picked up a bit, getting 600 - 630 now. Must be on my end somewhere. I had to get a new modum yesterday because of constant resets on my previous one. Maybee its the new unit? Anyway - thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately I'd say that's not the best of news. Cable modems attenuate up and down depending on signal strength and noise. If a cable modem is resetting all the time it means that the signal quality has reached a preset maximum level of being too low or too high in either of those values. The modem probably didn't need to be replaced and you should take it back if you can because that's an ISP issue they are responsible for the signal to your modem, the modem only tunes it finely for optimal levels. So that would be my first call is to get that business resolved asap and don't let them give you the run around have someone actually come and put a meter on your cable where the modem plugs into and have them show it to you. They will and should give you the acceptable levels and noise for whatever channel they are running data on. These huge cable companies got the nation by the bullocks, no love loss from me.

Hope you get it sorted.

E

I had no idea how this gadgetry worked............Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me Erik. I'll give them a call and thanks for the continued outstanding work on this site. Combat ACE is #1.

Much appreciated, NIELS