Sign in to follow this  
jmarso

SF2_The Final Countdown.7z

SF2_The Final Countdown.7z

A three 'single mission' pack based on the movie "The Final Countdown." It's one of my Top 5 favorite movies of all time.

The basic requirement for this mod is SF2NA patched to Jul 2013.

See the README file for details on mod requirements and installation instructions, as well as modding credits where due. Access the README file using wordpad to see it in its proper formatting.

Also included is a .pdf file titled "The Final Countdown Mission Brief Book." You'll need adobe acrobat reader in order to access this file. The brief book is in no way required to play this three mission set, but I included it for fun and immersion purposes. If you haven't seen the movie or 'know the story', so to speak, the brief book will bring you up to speed. The narrative in the briefing book provides some perspective on the 'crazy situation' from the deckplate level, so to speak. ;)

The three missions are titled as follows:

101 Splash the Zeroes!

102 The Great Hawaiian Turkey Shoot

103 The Battle of Hawaii

The first mission is straight out of the movie. The other two involve the 'alternate ending' we never got to see but really wanted to. For fans of this absolutely iconic movie, the screenshots included will give you some hints as to the content that awaits.

Again, all instructions and the few mod requirements needed are outlined in the README file. Enjoy!

Special shout out to JonathonRL who can be considered the forefather of this mod, and generously gave me permission to alter and use one of his terrain sets. Thanks!

• Like 1