Ok, version 0.2 is ready.

Whats new?

- Lod files can be opened via opening ini files
- Needed files (textures, lods) are read from cat files (patch level jul2013). Enable this feature in Extras->Settings. You must also set the SF2 installation directoy path.
- 3D coordinates are shown
- Display and export of uv maps
- Improved texture file lookup
- Filename can be passed as commandline argument

The update zip file: LODViewerUpdateV0.2.zip

Copy the content of this zip file (LODViewer.exe and readme.txt) into the LODViewer directory of the previous version 0.1 (overwrite the two old files).

Version 0.1 can be downloaded here: http://combatace.com/topic/85079-lod-viewer/?do=findComment&comment=684342

Have fun!

• Like 5

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm getting this issue upon opening the file...

post-5661-0-72959800-1422394339.png

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm getting this issue upon opening the file...

Probably you downloaded only the update zip file.  You still need the version 0.1 zip file. It contains all libraries. Then you copy the content of the update zip file into the LODViewer directory of the version 0.1 zip file.

• Like 1

Haha, now I feel thick! Many thanks for the update, this looks great!  :biggrin:

Now that is a cool program. Thank you. Being able to view the UV is a huge difference.

Wow...this program just keeps getting better!  Nice work!

FC

Mue

Thank you very much for this. 

OK I copied in the update, now it only shows a black model, i tried .jpg,.bmp, no .ini / With the .ini. Put texture files in a folder with just the lod. Tried SF2 cats, 2009/ 2013, Still no textures. Left click won't select mesh. Click on Tree then can't deslect. Right click dose nothing.. So what am I missing or doing wrong. Cat pointer won't load .lod from cat file not sure if It can?

Just thought I'd add I'm running Win 7 64. Reloaded program with out update, works same as before.

OK I copied in the update, now it only shows a black model, i tried .jpg,.bmp, no .ini / With the .ini. Put texture files in a folder with just the lod. Tried SF2 cats, 2009/ 2013, Still no textures. Left click won't select mesh. Click on Tree then can't deslect. Right click dose nothing.. So what am I missing or doing wrong. Cat pointer won't load .lod from cat file not sure if It can?

I could reproduce the black texture bug on an ati graphic card. Do you have an ati card? At home I only have nvidia cards, therefore I didn't notice this bug. I will fix it asap.

But selection with the mouse should still work. Also right click in the node list window and material list window should work.

Nice Work Mue,No Problem With My Radeon R9 200.UV Map Export Is Great.Mesh Selection Color OK.Bitmap Can Be Color Filled Retaining File Name Prior To Opening To Capture

Mesh Map Only On Background Color Of Choice.

post-62958-0-32471500-1422459457.jpg

OK. I re-updated and everything works as far as the UV. In fact it even shows stray mapped mesh sections,(First Pic) I see this a lot when mapping using LilthUnwrap. haven't tried with the cat again yet. I'm using Intel® HD Graphics (Core i5) in my Laptop. Model is still black in the viewer.

post-300-0-53700500-1422465510_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-97510000-1422465543_thumb.jpg

Nice Work Mue,No Problem With My Radeon R9 200.UV Map Export Is Great.Mesh Selection Color OK.Bitmap Can Be Color Filled Retaining File Name Prior To Opening To Capture

Mesh Map Only On Background Color Of Choice.

Man, my UV mapping skills were terrible when I built that missile.  Would anyone like an update to the SA-5 with new UV mapping?  That thing...sucks.  Of course, someone would have to retexture it...

FC

just tried out.  can see skins on one modded aircraft but not another. downloaded latest version and extracted to the folder for the original file.  that was after loading the second release last night again into the original folder.  still love it  just not seeing how you guys are pulling the uv's or why it show some skins but not others. 

They Look Fine To Me FC. Only One Invading Mesh.

post-62958-0-78901400-1422475014_thumb.jpg

post-62958-0-99202400-1422475056_thumb.jpg

post-62958-0-75073000-1422475086_thumb.jpg

Those who see only black textures, please try this update version 0.2.1: [/url]

Great, it worked for me

We can even check cockpits !

Edited by jeanba

Hello MUE,

I get a appcrash  as soon as I select my SF 2 install folder. When I have "use CAT files" checkbox selected  (C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters)

If I deselect "use CAT files" it works but I get the message "Coild not load LOD file" when selecting a stock thirdwire aircraft.

I have put "LODViewer.exe" in the anti virus allow list. And tried running it "run as administrator" but no luck.

I can only view third party arcraft.

Do you have any tips ?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Happy308

It's update time again.

Version 0.2.2

-bugfix: texture files with extensions different from the one referenced in the lod file were not loaded correctly

LODViewerUpdateV0.2.2.zip

Hi

Just one porblem, for Veltro's vautour, I cannnot visualize the textures :
http://combatace.com/files/download/15006-so-4050-vautour-iia-idf-package/

If I load the ini files (VautourA_IDFcamo.ini or VautourA_IDFSilver.ini) I can see the textures.

Hello MUE,

I get a appcrash  as soon as I select my SF 2 install folder. When I have "use CAT files" checkbox selected  (C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters)

If I deselect "use CAT files" it works but I get the message "Coild not load LOD file" when selecting a stock thirdwire aircraft.

I have put "LODViewer.exe" in the anti virus allow list. And tried running it "run as administrator" but no luck.

I can only view third party arcraft.

Do you have any tips ?

Thank you in advance.

What patch level do you run. Which sims (SF2, SF2V, SF2E,..) have you installed?

Does it really crash or is the program "hanging"?

Edited by mue

Just to let you know the V0.1.2 worked fine on my laptop, Textures were nice and clear. My only wish is that your program worked with Win XP, but i just swap stuff via Flash drive, so i can live with it. Keep up the good work and Thanks.

Just to let you know the V0.1.2 worked fine on my laptop, Textures were nice and clear. My only wish is that your program worked with Win XP, but i just swap stuff via Flash drive, so i can live with it. Keep up the good work and Thanks.

Have you tested the latest version with windows xp? I changed a compiler setting for compiling the exe. Now the programm starts on my windows xp system, but then the graphic card driver crashes. I'm curious, probably it works for you?

I tested it with XP (ATI 4650 1GB AGP) Program runs. i'm getting some strange textures, but for meshes and UV's it works great.

post-300-0-46156500-1422563557_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-19883700-1422563572_thumb.jpg

Hello Mue,

The application turns grey, And I get a message "LODViewer has stopped working"

I'am unable to post screenshots, when I try I get this message "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"    

My specs:

[Version]
BuildDate=Jul 2013
StrikeFighters2=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE
StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]