Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

AMRAAM's won't fire (intermittent problem) in SF2: NA with Blk Super Hornet

Anyone have a problem where AMRAAM's won't fire in the Blk Super Hornet?  Sometimes approaching an AA target selecting and targeting the enemy my AMRAAM's won't launch.  I'm not having this problem in any other aircraft.  I'm wondering is this a feature like the automated flaps where the computer is trying to stifle launching because it doesn't feel I'm at the right angle or distance.  I end up getting shot down because my missiles won't work.  If anyone knows a fix for this it would be much appreciated.  I'm flying with the 'Hard' enemy setting where every missile needs to work when called upon or it's lights out...  :bomb:

What radar mode are you in when firing your AMRAAMs?  Every once in a while my AIM-54's hiccup with the F-14, and it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I'll usually cycle the radar, switch back to TWS, re-designate the target, then shoot and it works.  For whatever reason, it seems as if I'm in PD Search, and lock a target up, sometimes my Phoenix won't fire, but I just did a mission a few minutes ago and doing that very action worked fine.  Otherwise, if you're in TWS, are you selecting but not designating a target?  The Super Bug uses the AvionicsF14A.dll file, so its TWS works like an F-14's in game: when you select a target with "next/previous radar target", but forget to hit "lock radar target" you'll still get tracking information on your HUD, but no missile has been designated to the target, so if you have a weapon selected and try to shoot, nothing will happen.  Every once in a while this happens to me, especially when I'm trying to get to closer ranges, forget that I haven't actually designated a missile to my target, and try to shoot.  Whoops!  Quickly hit "lock radar target" and ensure I've got my AIM-54 selected, and then it works.

What radar mode are you in when firing your AMRAAMs?  Every once in a while my AIM-54's hiccup with the F-14, and it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I'll usually cycle the radar, switch back to TWS, re-designate the target, then shoot and it works.  For whatever reason, it seems as if I'm in PD Search, and lock a target up, sometimes my Phoenix won't fire, but I just did a mission a few minutes ago and doing that very action worked fine.  Otherwise, if you're in TWS, are you selecting but not designating a target?  The Super Bug uses the AvionicsF14A.dll file, so its TWS works like an F-14's in game: when you select a target with "next/previous radar target", but forget to hit "lock radar target" you'll still get tracking information on your HUD, but no missile has been designated to the target, so if you have a weapon selected and try to shoot, nothing will happen.  Every once in a while this happens to me, especially when I'm trying to get to closer ranges, forget that I haven't actually designated a missile to my target, and try to shoot.  Whoops!  Quickly hit "lock radar target" and ensure I've got my AIM-54 selected, and then it works.

I'll give your suggestions a shot and see what happens.

Edited by Dillon

I've got my AIM-54 selected, and then it works.

So far I believe your suggestions worked.  I'll keep testing.  Thx.