Sign in to follow this  
Viper63a

StrikeFighter2 World War II (ETO) Hi-Res 1920x1080 Menu Screens and Music!

By Viper

This mod includes custom "World War II" themed menu screens and pilots for the ETO package I hope someone will make in the future (if not already made that I don't know about). You should unzip the file and preview the new screens before installing them. I recommend doing this as there are MANY alternate screens I have in there that you might like better.

If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up (make a copy of) your FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.

To install, simply unzip and copy the uncompressed FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders to your StrikeFighter2 mod folder.

To remove, simply delete the FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders and rename the copies you made to FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders.

My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win97 64-bit would be something like...

C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\<Name of your ETO mod folder>\

Enjoy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Friends, 
      Today we'd like to tell you about the new Great War aircraft that are in development. 
      While transferring them from our classic project Rise of Flight to IL-2 Great Battles, we are fixing problems we found during this work - sometimes there are some asymmetric aerodynamic elements, a wrong object hierarchy, engine overheating/overcooling, and other similar problems. 

For example, while working on the Airco DH.2 recently, we found problems - it had an invisible "ghost" stabilizer in the physical model, inconsistencies in drag values, and it was also missing its top speed - judging by the reference data, it was missing it by about 15 kph. Well, mistakes happen, and they will be corrected: the DH.2 in FC will have recalculated drag values, corrected handling, and an increased top speed. Soon the beta testers will try it out, and some additional changes may be in order after these tests. 
      Its AI will also be updated as it needs to be taught how to use its blip switch for taxiing (such early flying machines had no throttle and the engine always ran at full power - its pilot had to press and hold a blip switch button that cut the ignition when he wanted to slow down). 

Another upcoming aircraft, the Sopwith Pup, also had some problems with its flight characteristics and engine, which are currently being corrected. 

While working on Flying Circus aircraft, we are not only adding new features thanks to the IL-2 Great Battles engine but also fixing old problems whenever we get the chance. The new Flying Circus aircraft pack is scheduled for release this summer. 

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear friends, 
      Today we'd like to inform you about the upcoming update 5.203. In this update, the AQMG (Advanced Quick Mission Generator) mode will be greatly expanded. New mission types will be added: glider towing to the Normandy and Rhineland maps and artillery spotting and balloon defense to the Western Front WWI map. But the most significant addition will be made to the detailed map of Prokhorovka. 
      Tank Crew will now have a completely new mode that wasn't available before - Ground Forces AQM. Just like its aerial counterpart, it will allow you to choose a specific mission type that will affect the composition and positions of your forces: Strongpoint Defense, Enemy Strongpoint Attack, Breakthrough, and Enemy Rear Area Attack. You'll be able to set an initial distance from the enemy (since ground vehicles are very slow compared to aircraft), the strength of your force, the enemy force, and air support. 

Other changes in this update include the correction of the distance at which nearby aircraft can be heard, further updates to the Lightning Strikes, Havoc over the Kuban, and Hell Hawks over the Bulge campaigns, various minor improvements such as fixes to career progression, taxiing on certain airfields, mission generation, etc. The popular community-created campaigns Kerch-Eltigen Operation and Battle of the Hürtgenwald will be included in the game with the permission of their authors. 
      We also want to start a multiplayer-related competition today: submit your best in-game tracks of multiplayer action! You can show any action, plane, or tank, as long as it is interesting and recorded in multiplayer (if you already have a saved track that you love and it loads in the game, you can submit it as well). Tracks should be short, showing an interesting event and a few seconds before and after. Please submit your tracks by April 12th. Then we'll choose the best ones - their authors will be awarded Collector planes of their choice and we will create a multiplayer promo video using these tracks. Please post the links to your tracks here or in our Discord channel till the end of April 11th. 

• By torno
      There is not much data, but I liked the final futuristic model of the P-51 inverted arrow wings, so now almost finished I present it to you
      for the moment with the fictional skin of the Korean War
      I named it P-51V because of the shape of the wings.

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I recently got into weapon modding and wanted to edit some missiles.
      I went for the Weapons Folder with the Weapons Editor, and some weapons were missing, even tho i can see them and equip them in-game.
      I wanted to edit the AA-2D Atoll for my Su-22M3, but there's no AA-2 folder inside Weapons folder, nor inside plane folder, even tho the missile is equippable and i can see it/use it in-game.
      Since there's no Atoll folder, i have no idea how is it possible for me to have it in-game, and even less i know on how am i supposed to edit it through Weapons Editor, since i can't select the folder.
      I thought it may be a sort of "built-in-game" missile and for this reason not showing in weapons folder (idk i just made an hypothesis).
      So i tried using the CAT Extractor, but seems like not working... no matter which CAT file i select, it says "error opening this .CAT file, no files can be extracted", how's that? How do i fix it? Am i doing something wrong?
      Thank you in advance for helping me fixing all these issues or helping me find what i'm doing wrong
    • By ariel38

View File B-17G with functional nose turret
      I have worked on Veltro2K's excellent B-17G so that its nose turret can move and fire.  I hope you like it.
      Backup yuor data ini and drop this file in the aircraft folder.

Thanks to Wrech , and credits to
      Veltro2K for the aircraft
      gregoryp for the AvHistory engine sound
      Kesselbrut for the cockpit
      Flogger23 for the natural metal skin
      wrench ini working, and OD skin, decals and screens and whatnots; including hundreds of hours of research
      Others I'm sure I'm forgetting....Like say in the file.

Submitter ariel38 Submitted 03/08/2024 Category ini File Edits  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..