Sign in to follow this  

Hello guys,

just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry for being incommunicado for so long and not doing my part on the various projects on my plate. Just been busy with a mix of RL, other games/mods* and a slight burn out on SF2. However, deep down some itch needs scratching, and that itch is asking for Phantoms and the cold war and dynamic campaigns and ridicoulus modding escapades of airframes only 5 and a half people care about (and they are all here on combat ace and they are all modders too). So maybe I should scratch that itch, eh?  :airplane:

*) The project that has stolen most of my time is this Arma 3 map: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189257-WIP-The-Lost-Coast-30x30km-terrain-(preview-version-included)

I still intend to bring it forward but I got some people aboard to help me so I won't need to put so much hours into it. If anyone else here are doing Arma3 and would like to help, PM me.

• Like 4

Good to see you back mate! Maybe we will be able to continue the work on South Africa soon? also please check your PM.

I am not a half people!  ;-)

Dude, just scatch it if you want to! Glad to hear from you!

Good to see you back mate! Maybe we will be able to continue the work on South Africa soon? also please check your PM.

Yes, a South African terrain is a huge black hole in the Thirdwire series. It seems to be the one huge missing area. I am coming close to finishing a Rhodesian SF2 SF.260 and Cessna 337 Lynx for the general area.

Centurion,

There is never a need to apologize for taking time off to give yourself a break, and especially for taking however long one must take to deal with real life issues.  

And those that whine and complain about a modder taking "too much time" to release whatever they may be working on, can go to straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 3

Well sure Fubar, but I do feel that when I promise to help on projects it's bad form to not live up to those promises. The thing is I've had to examine my priorities a bit and one thing I found out is I sometimes was using modding/games to avoid doing some other things that really are more important. It's good to take time and let the stress of RL ™ subside doing something like modding, but the break can't be more important. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, thanks everybody, looking forward to getting back in there.

• Like 2

You return just in time. I might have something related to Finland soon.

• Like 1