Sign in to follow this  
minimi66

T.A.R.G.E.T. will not load ANY config files to TM Warthog HOTAS setup?

Hi,

I am having a major problem with using the Thrustmaster TARGET GUI and loading configuration files for games to my HOTAS Warthog setup.

The software detects my TM Warthog HOTAS and 2 x MFD's when in the main TARGET GUI editing environment but upon trying to load ANY config file for use in a game i get the following result after the software attempts to load the file:

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *** 

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:

1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

3: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

4: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name FAILED (0x00000002) - using default.

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse...Done

main returned 0

This happens with every config file i have and that includes the stock ones included with the TM hardware such as DCS Black Shark etc.

My system is as follows:

ASUS G74SX Gaming Laptop

Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2 GHz Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz.

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX560M with 3 GB VRAM

Realtek On-board Sound Card

Windows 7 64 Bit

TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip

Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse

Logitech Wifi Keyboard

Creative Rage3D Tactic Gaming Headset

Samsung 32 in. TV/Monitor on HDMI

TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle & 2 Cougar MFD's

10 socket USB Hub used to connect some of the peripherals.

Solutions tried so far that haven't worked:

1: Uninstall TARGET and re-install.

2: Uninstall HOTAS Warthog Drivers from Control Panel Programs then re-install.

3: Updated TM HOTAs Firmware to latest versions (11 & 23)

4: Disconnect and re-connect all TM and all other devices when prompted to by the above 3 processes.  Multiple system reboots and cold starts.

5: Sequential re-connection of key devices only (Mouse, Keyboard and HOTAS Stick & Throttle) whilst monitoring activity in Devices and Printers and Device Manager.

6: Confirmation that the the 2 devices referred to in the above error message are the TM Throttle and Stick ("VID_044F&PID_0404" and "VID_044F&PID_0402").

7: Enable ALL the executables in Thrustmaster root folders with "Run as Administrator" priveleges.

8: Disable Firewall (Commodo & Windows) before, during and after re-insalls or running TARGET.

9: Connecting TM HOTAS directly to USB Ports on computer rather than through USB Hub.

10: Scattering chicken bones, howling at the moon, rain dances, consulting a soothsayer!!!!

Not sure if i've missed or forgotten anything but any assistance or ideas would be appreciated?  I understand that most games don't need TARGET to come up up with fairly comprehensive controller setup but my point is that it seems wrong 

to have purchased a $250 controller setup with its own editing software and find that the 2 DO NOT work together AT ALL based on my experience.

Is there a viable alternative to TARGET that can be used?  I've never used FSUIPC so am not familiar with its capabilities as opposed to TARGET?  Will definitely look into it now though, i'm not optimistic about sorting this out to be 

honest?

Thanks guys.

Stu

TARGET%20Error%20Msg.jpg

Devs%20and%20Printers.jpg

CPL%20HID%20USB%20Devices.jpg

Drivers%20Version.jpg

TARGET%20Firmware.jpg

post-90978-0-45135800-1429175750_thumb.jpg

post-90978-0-24876100-1429175755_thumb.jpg

post-90978-0-34898100-1429175761_thumb.jpg

post-90978-0-33763200-1429175764.jpg