you're going to need "specials" for that airfield base tiles ... otherwise trees will growing up the middle of the runway and ramps.

what is that, an SG50? If so, there's one you can modify in my WW2 Formosa terrain. For Runways 1, 5, and 6 you might need to make two 3ways (sea-airfield-grass, sea-grass-airfield)

or if it's 2 SG50s back to back, the 'inner' edges open to each other

The one below, can fit a runway 3. As you can see, it has 'fields' on the eastern edge; easily clone stamped out, so if you have to SG50s back to back across the peninsula, you should be able to fit a R 1/5/6 in there. If not, make a new "grass AB tile" and Grass to AB transitiions

Nothing to it!

forgot to add, if you're going to be working on Formosa, you'll probably want to use the specials I built for some of the harbors.

There's also some very cool specials I built for Vietnam, on the as yet uncompleted CBI map for Hanoi and Haiphong

Wrench,

Thanks for the tip.

I created several specials for aifields in the paddies and grasslands.

Also here is my #3 for the jungle.

Airfields 5,6,7,8

EricJ - You said you were doing a lot of practice sooooo I had to make it a target rich environment.

I cleaned up the Puerto Princessa Airfield

post-5732-0-75936200-1434242623_thumb.jpg

Edited by krfrge
  • Like 4

Nice krfrge, vewy nice.... :airplane:

All,

Real Life has taken a front seat. I will be below the radar until after 8 July.

Scarborough Reef

Edited by krfrge
  • Like 2

All,

To echo Wrench, this terrain is a challenge is some respects. While I want to be as accurate as possible with regards to airfields, cities and other locations, some airfields are extremely difficult to "fit" into the terrain. In some cases I have no choice but to reposition to "make it work". Additionally, I have created some fictional areas (islands) to add to the enjoyment.

One concern is the targets, which have now crested 21K and are climbing.

Saisran here is Puerto Princessa for you. I think your friends at SEATO will favroably consider stationing of Coalitin Forces. Work to do in this area as to improvements.

attachicon.gifPuetro Princessa.jpg

attachicon.gifPuetro Princessa City.jpg

To all thanks for your contiuned support.

Krfrge

Man you've been very busy! Thank you very much! really really nice!

All,

Have restarted work on this project.

Here is the current map.

Target Count - 22k+

Target Areas - 890

Movement Routes - 170 (yeah I know its low,,,I'm working it)

Custom island tiles - 38

post-5732-0-69062100-1436784364_thumb.jpg

The work continues...Krfrge

Edited by krfrge
  • Like 4

I see you've forgotten to add Lake Toba on Sumatra  :biggrin:

aside from that, VERY IMPRESSIVE so far!!

did you have a much fun "installing" the Mekong and it's delta as I did?? <groan>

edit;

just noticed no Hong Kong or Guangzhou???

This looks great, krfrge, a huge addition to the sim. Keep up the good work!

As well as Hong Kong and Guangzhou, you might also think about adding Katherine airbase, a little south-east of Darwin - it is now the main USAAF and RAAF airbase in the area.

That will be good : lot of possible scenarios and campaigns ideas !

Maybe VN should be "blue" : in this area, they are ennemies of the Chinese since the end of VN war and VN F5s and Migs tangled occasionnally in the 80's with Chinese J6 and others

that can be done in the terrain's Nations.ini. A nations ini in a terrain folder take precedence over the game's main nations ini. That's how I got Egypt friendly on the Eastern Med map.

My comment was a reaction to krfrge's map

All,

Thanks for the feedback.

For Wrench - I saw the lake but have skipped "digging' it into the terrain. I will get to it. As to the Mekong,,,I got a little ways and "ran" out of steam.

For Gatling 20 - China was the last area I was working. My initial work was on Hainan but I will work up Hong Kong. Will do some research on Katherine AB.

The work continues - Krfrge

and the Chao Phraya...at least you don't have to deal with the Irrawaddy and Chindwin and Bhamaputra/Ganges and ... and .. and .. :biggrin:

I only mentioned Toba because of it's importance to the development of the human species of today. And it's a nice tourist attraction.

I really should send you the CBI map (even in it's very unfinished state, around 70ish %) .. I think there's a lot of very special "specials" you might be able to use. Some intricate, and rather uniquie, city tiles.

All,

Map work today. I still have a ways to go with Chinese Air Defense sites as well as other areas.

Danau Toba, Guangzhou, Guangzhou Airport, and Hong Kong Intl added this morning.

post-5732-0-79744800-1436577695_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

This looks great, krfrge, a huge addition to the sim. Keep up the good work!

As well as Hong Kong and Guangzhou, you might also think about adding Katherine airbase, a little south-east of Darwin - it is now the main USAAF and RAAF airbase in the area.

Gatling20,

I do have RAAF Tindel which I believe is Katherine. If you check out the map you will see it is pretty far southeast of Darwin. The reason it doesnt show as a circle (airfiled icon) is beacuse I am using Airfield 7 & 8 by Gerwin.

Gatling20 and Saisran - please let me know if I am missing critical areas, target areas or airfields.

To all - many thanks. Krfrge

mind you, mine is set a "little bit earlier", but

Butterworth

Wrench,

When I started pulling arifield names I used Google and found a program called OurAirports that lists airfield names.

Is there a better way?

charts.

I thought I sent you the super-secret link??

Wrench,

Roger. Thanks

post-5732-0-34558200-1437047166_thumb.jpg

Krfrge

Edited by krfrge

ALCON,

Slow weekend.

I worked on the Kota Bahru railbridge and railroad area. Working on an angle is not easy but I've got it done.

post-5732-0-23753900-1437297916_thumb.jpg
My work will be slow thru the 1st week in September due to Real Life. I hope all will understand.

Target Areas are over 900+
Movement Areas are heading upwards as well.

post-5732-0-13320500-1437297927_thumb.jpg

Appreciate eveyone's enthusiasm and encouragement.

• Like 7

Sure has mine as well :smile:

I am following this project with great interest. I can't wait to see the fruits of all this hard work.

All,

Still working the Kota Bharu area.

Building this railyard is a challenge with trying to align the tracks. Working the Ironworks area next.

post-5732-0-86316400-1437877079_thumb.jpg

post-5732-0-23311400-1437877081_thumb.jpg

indeed. they can be exceptionally tiresome to build. in the last 10 days I've laid more track then the union pacific on their push westward!