Sign in to follow this  
matanbar123

How to identify enemy on radar ?

Hey guys, I wondered how can I identify enemy and how I find enemy on radar when the combat area is full of planes ?

Every time I get a yellow diamond I know that some plane get lock by me, but most of the planes are friendly, there something I should know ?

thanks.

No IFF on 99% of SF2 planes. AFAIK only the Eagle and the Tomcat have them on our game, what you can do totally unrealistically is use map mode to see where the friendly and enemy planes are, or do what they did back then, get close fo visual ID.

• Like 1

Another Rudimentary IFF can be achieved by locking up a target on radar and pressing whatever is mapped to "Current Radar Target"

Another Rudimentary IFF can be achieved by locking up a target on radar and pressing whatever is mapped to "Current Radar Target"

To get the red plane info on lower right corner?

• Like 1

To get the red plane info on lower right corner?

Should do - because it sets that radar target as your current target - e.g you can now assign a wingman to attack it.

I haven't used the easy HUD for years - all I see is a line of text at the bottom of the screen.

Is IFF added via avionics.in  file?   ive added IFF to my Russkie  SU-16 aswell as the usual stuff