Recently, I downloaded Yakarov´s awesome Cobra mod and added it to Vietnam Expanded. I realized that by doing this, I could make combined flights of Cobras and Hueys carrying out CAS missions in South Vietnam.

However, when I tried to do it, I found two problems:

1- If I chose to fly the Huey as Army Aviation Unit (nation), I could not choose the Cobra for my wingmen. I switched to USMC, and I could make flights combining these two. However, this led to the next problem.

2- I could set up the mission with one chopper, but then, the weapons they could take would correspond only with that chopper. The other one would be unable to take those weapons. All the stores/pylons would be greyed out.

So here is my question: how can I set up things so these two helicopters can use the same weapons? Is this related to the weapons´ nations and can I fix it by simply fiddling around with the ini files? Does this require some other form of heavy editing?

IIRC the Hueys as they currently are are either USMC or USAF. US Army didnt really become much of a community thing until Del's Apache and Yakarovs birds.

try changing the Huey nation in the data ini.

also the weapons correspond to what ever you as flight lead can carry. that you just have to decide what you want to do, although the Huey and HueyCobra should both be able to carry the 7 shot rocket pods.

don't forget, in SF2 ANY aircraft that's set as Exported=TRUE MUST have a userlist ini defining the user nations (even if the same country, like USN & USMC), and all the Export dates must be set up in the data ini. Said nations MUST be in the games Nations.ini already, or in the case of US Army Aviation, added.

Something Like This (example only from A-4B):

[MissionData]
NationName=USN
AircraftRole=ATTACK
AircraftCapability=DAY_ONLY
ServiceStartYear=1957
ServiceEndYear=1965
Availability=RARE
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1957
ExportEndYear=1965
ExportAvailability=RARE

As to weapons, when changing the aircraft within your flight, said aircraft will ALWAYS be unloaded, requiring you to hand-load any weapons for them on the loadout screen. Standard game glitch since 2003

As I recall the Cobras have station specific ordnance from yakarovs weapons packs for each aircraft he releases. So the only way to fix the problem is do what I did, since that's all I could think of. Go in the weapons pack and delete the station codes and also do the same for the aircraft in the data ini. Then ur cobra can carry whatever u would like.

Thanks for the replies. As soon as I have some free time, I´ll get to fixing stuff.