I have this project in my hands:

14464232431_59aefdd7f5_o.jpg

http://combatace.com/topic/83063-europe-total-war-1979/

My idea is to create a huge all inclusive install much bigger and complete than Nato Fighters..... However I'm realizing that if I am the only guy dealing with this, it will take me many many time  to finish the project so I came up with the idea of offering to all you the chance of helping me with this project.

So let's say that I " would need" people with this knowledge:

1) I would need a campaign guru , a master dealing with strategic nodes

2) I would  need a skinner to paint or repaint existing objects

3) I would need someone who could create menus, music and icons

4) I would need someone with 3D modeling skills just to make small things , not complete 3D models.

So if any of you is interested on taking part in this project please post here (don't send me any PM please) what would you like to do.

Thank you very much

FRPignon

I have created some ground war node networks, so I can help with that but the targeting needs to be quite complete first. It's a couple of hours work depending on complexity, 60+ nodes for Korea 3 for example took 3-4hrs.

The project looks really promising! Will it be possible to re-use some of the work that went into Rends germanyCe upgrade in this?

2) I would  need a skinner to paint or repaint existing objects

FRPignon

I would. Say what you need and i see what i can do mate.

did some repaints for some Hangars, Towers, houses etc. ,-)

BTW, on this side:

http://www.bb-mapping-designs.de/

In the dowloads there, are maybe useable 3d objects...

Edited by 7eleven

I'm sure some of the GMG/Rends objects can be reused, but the maps themselves are substantially different.

I have created some ground war node networks, sos I can help with that but the targeting needs to be quite complete first. It's a couple of hours work depending on complexity, 60+ nodes for Korea 3 for example took 3-4hrs.

The project looks really promising! Will it be possible to re-use some of the work that went into Rends germanyCe upgrade in this?

Hi Centurion, I have 235 targets right now, I think they are enough for a 60+ node campaign. However I prefer to complete them, that's creating all of them , without objects, and then send the terrain  to you to take a look at it and see what can you do with the nodes. Ok? It will take me about 1 or 2 weeks.

About the second question, well, I think that Wrench has answered properly the question.

I would. Say what you need and i see what i can do mate.

did some repaints for some Hangars, Towers, houses etc. ,-)

BTW, on this side:

http://www.bb-mapping-designs.de/

In the dowloads there, are maybe useable 3d objects...

I agree with you , I should have been more precise with my "needs"

don't forget Wingwinner's building/factories/stuff.  He's got some VERY nice items in the SF1 downloads section. They work in SF2 with no issues at all!! (I've used them a lot, but not so much his city buildings -- but they look good, very European)

Well if i can paint something for you, let me know...

Any chance of dual civl/ military fields like Frankfurt/Rhein Main? Already have DC-10 and i'd be willing to front burner 767, 747 and 757 plus civi skins for a few transports if it were on the horizon. Have an airliner nation too, but how to make only them park at terminals

I know its more eye candy than practical, but i've had a thing for the heavies of late.....

• Like 1

Any chance of dual civl/ military fields like Frankfurt/Rhein Main? Already have DC-10 and i'd be willing to front burner 767, 747 and 757 plus civi skins for a few transports if it were on the horizon. Have an airliner nation too, but how to make only them park at terminals

I know its more eye candy than practical, but i've had a thing for the heavies of late.....

Both are included in my lastest version

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 1

something occurred to me... were you able to adjust sea level along the Channel coast and Cherbourg peninsula?? Theres a substantial amount of "water humping" along many part of the coastline. No matter what I did, I was unable to 'adjust' it

Gerwin's TFD tool can do such things veeery easily, just copy&paste the heightmap part of your desire, be it say 2x2 3x3 etc tile size

unfortunately, with the HFD the EAW Euro uses, it didn't work (well, at least for me!)

Oddly enough, on the Madagascar terrain, that Dave was doing "something" for, it went as smooth as glass. and THAT height field is all screwed up!!!

Oddly enough, on the Madagascar terrain, that Dave was doing "something" for, it went as smooth as glass. and THAT height field is all screwed up!!!

So Wrench you managed to solve the water humps using Gerwin's Tool?  Or did you use the Adjust Sea Level thing in TE?  Just asking because like Stary said, I've always thought that Gerwin's Tool could do some HFD work very well.

FRPignon, since I'm not working on that damned terrain of mine, I could make some time-consuming tiling work on this one (with Wrench's permission of course, the original terrain is his work), since all areas near The Wall miss a proper representation of the land (for instance the north of Great Britain and the east of East Germany). However the HFD will remain flat in such areas, unless we make some serious work to it, and it's not advisable, after all we are not meant to fly near the corners of the map.

yes, indeed with Gerwins tool! Worked pretty good. The coastline came out like I wanted.

Safety Tip -- always have a backup copy of the HFD before modifiying with the HFD tool.

since all areas near The Wall miss a proper representation of the land

when I retiled that, all I could hear in my head was "the vast open steppes, leading to Moscow". IIRC, I just used a plane grass field (BNGrass??). Wish I'd been able to add the mountains between France and Spain, too. They're just flat snow tiles!!

In Anatolia terrain there is an AB (Istanbul ataturk) which has 2 parked Civi Ac´s. (B747 & an Airbus) also an terminal i guess...

Edited by 7eleven

True, im looking for good homes for my airliners. Instead of skinning the airline i do the as markingsas large 2 level tgas. Essentially the airline is the serial number therefore giving a wide variety parked on the ramp or at the gates.

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 2

Is this new terrain tool creates or move the frontlines? If it should be.

something occurred to me... were you able to adjust sea level along the Channel coast and Cherbourg peninsula?? Theres a substantial amount of "water humping" along many part of the coastline. No matter what I did, I was unable to 'adjust' it

It looks likes this: (I've only flatenned the terrain)

17312000031_175061a1ca_o.jpg

FRPignon, since I'm not working on that damned terrain of mine, I could make some time-consuming tiling work on this one (with Wrench's permission of course, the original terrain is his work), since all areas near The Wall miss a proper representation of the land (for instance the north of Great Britain and the east of East Germany). However the HFD will remain flat in such areas, unless we make some serious work to it, and it's not advisable, after all we are not meant to fly near the corners of the map.

I've already done this.

I have a request guys.

Can some of you help me creating snow tiles for the BN series?

Thank you in advance

Some repainted things...

post-911-0-20996900-1431267181_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-89838700-1431267187_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-17887500-1431267198_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-96446300-1431267208_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-64087000-1431267221_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-67459000-1431267235_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent!!!

In fact, right now, I'm working with the Airfields. Could you please share with me your repaints?

Thanj you very much

will pack you something together,

give me a few days maybe...

will pack you something together,

give me a few days maybe...

Good. Take the time you need

I'm still fairly new to this place as a whole, considering that I usually go for whatever downloads/mods that catch my fancy... Which means I don't have any sort of major-league modding experience, but I can try to contribute with suggestions and ideas... Because I see myself more as an ideas man than a full-time modder.

I'm still fairly new to this place as a whole, considering that I usually go for whatever downloads/mods that catch my fancy... Which means I don't have any sort of major-league modding experience, but I can try to contribute with suggestions and ideas... Because I see myself more as an ideas man than a full-time modder.

Feel free to give us as many ideas as you have