Sign in to follow this  
yubba

Buffy goes to school --LGBs for the B-52

Yes the Buff got smarter,, it was just getting to hard to sight in dumb bombs though I got it close,, after some target practice I took the F-15E for a spin with some paveways now that was fun,,well after that I decided to open up the F-15E Data Config file ,, and took a look around well I found this,,,SystemName[036]=LANTIRN

SystemName[037]=TV,,

and add this to the B-52G_Late and added LGB to the external bomb racks 
// Electronic Pods ----------------------------------

[LANTIRN]
SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-14
CameraFOV=2.500000
SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga
CameraPosition=-0.800000,0.125000,-1.00000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268697600
SeekerRange=30.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=120.000000
SearchFOV=5.000000
SearchTexture=avq23sight2.tga

[TV]
SystemType=EO_CAMERA
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-13
CameraFOV=2.500000
CameraPosition=8.000000,0.125000,-1.000000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268697600
SeekerRange=30.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=60.000000

so now you got a B-52G in sfp-1 flinging smart bombs and the tv sight works this also works on the B-1B put the tv knocks out the  radar

Thanks. A great find, never would have tried itI dod not know how the LGB worked

You are welcome,, this also is a fix to that problem,, with other stock planes takeing up a load of paveways and only getting one shot,, at first I took the F-15 up on a quick mission with a load of paveways there was a tv screen in the cockpit just like the old days when I flew Janes-f15 showing the target and it was able to release all bombs,, and the rest is history,,I got the B-52 from nato fighters colunm5 I also think that's where I got the F-15E the pit for the B-52 is the modern one.,I having trouble with the radar in the B-1 since I put that package in but I live with hitting a target with one bomb from 30,000 ft.

got the radar back,, in the B-1b ,,,if you select pave way bombs the tv over rides the radar so turn the radar off and turn it back on it will reset to radar..

are you bumping your own posts without reason or you just need attention ?

• Like 2

are you bumping your own posts without reason or you just need attention ?

why yes you'll see in a day or so I want this stuff where I can find it,

Hi Yubba, I've been using the CCIP bombsight with the B-52 and been very successful.

I had to do a few tests to figure where the bombs were dropping in relation to the sight, and then adjusted accordingly.

In the Cockpit folder, under [Gunsight Front], I have:

GunsightMilSize=100

GunsightName=A-6A_sight.tga

MaxDepression=250

DefaultDepression=50

I lowered the DefaultDepression, because if you come in low, the sight sticks and won't come up high enough.

I drop from 6,000 to10,000 ft and make sure that I ripple all, and set the interval at 50ms.

Hi Yubba, I've been using the CCIP bombsight with the B-52 and been very successful.

I had to do a few tests to figure where the bombs were dropping in relation to the sight, and then adjusted accordingly.

In the Cockpit folder, under [Gunsight Front], I have:

GunsightMilSize=100

GunsightName=A-6A_sight.tga

MaxDepression=250

DefaultDepression=50

I lowered the DefaultDepression, because if you come in low, the sight sticks and won't come up high enough.

I drop from 6,000 to10,000 ft and make sure that I ripple all, and set the interval at 50ms.

I got the ai to join the fun at 30,000 ooooh the mayhem..